The Student Room Group

Boko Haram just slaughtered 2000 Africans? Where is the outrage?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by goobypls
Lol tell that to the lot living in Moss side, Manchester

I live in Birmingham. It's half filled with cavemen. :rolleyes:
Original post by Dani California
I live in Birmingham. It's half filled with cavemen. :rolleyes:

Honestly i could never live in the North, South is nice and quiet :biggrin:
Honestly i could never live in the North, South is nice and quiet :biggrin:
Not from Manchester then? To be honest i've adapted. When ever I go to the coast people think i'm a hooligan, it's hilarious. People in Birmingham are absolutely savage, but truth be told, I wouldn't have it any other way.
Not from Manchester then? To be honest i've adapted. When ever I go to the coast people think i'm a hooligan, it's hilarious. People in Birmingham are absolutely savage, but truth be told, I wouldn't have it any other way.

I always hear negative things about Birmingham lol, kind of staying away from it :biggrin:
So so so sick of these extremists murdering civilians and ruining my country. The government are ****ing useless. This needs to stop

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats what people say when they cant have it any other way. :wink:
I always hear negative things about Birmingham lol, kind of staying away from it :biggrin:

Yeah, you do kind of have to prepared for the place. Or a warlord. :biggrin:
Original post by Xenorebrem
Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats what people say when they cant have it any other way. :wink:
I could live with my folks in Devon if I wanted to, but the quiet life scares me. :tongue: Plus i'm a musician, so I pretty much spend my life in Digbeth anyway.
Yeah, you do kind of have to prepared for the place. Or a warlord. :biggrin:

Hmm don't know any warlords personally, maybe dress in riot gear ?
Hmm don't know any warlords personally, maybe dress in riot gear ?

Just come disguised as one of us...mohawk and steel-toed boots at the ready. :wink:
I could live with my folks in Devon if I wanted to, but the quiet life scares me. :tongue: Plus i'm a musician, so I pretty much spend my life in Digbeth anyway.

I'm quote jealous tbh. Its kind of my dream to live near the sea or in the countryside.:awesome:

Living in london all your life does take its toll on you.

But I suppose this is not the place to discuss such things. It feels disrespectful.
Original post by GailQ
Out of interest, why can't you say 2000 Nigerians?
Why do some people seem to have an trouble understanding that Africans are not all the same?

If Asia was to report the Charlie Hebdo they might have said 12 Europeans got killed rather than 12 Frenchmen or 12 Parisians.
I'm quote jealous tbh. Its kind of my dream to live near the sea or in the countryside.:awesome:

Living in london all your life does take its toll on you.

But I suppose this is not the place to discuss such things. It feels disrespectful.

Just realized that i may have taken this thread off topic in a disrespectful way. Apologies all :frown:
Original post by Juichiro
If Asia was to report the Charlie Hebdo they might have said 12 Europeans got killed rather than 12 Frenchmen or 12 Parisians.

Exactly right. I could not put my finger on exactly why it was that I used the word African, but when you put it into that context it certainly does make a lot more sense.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Which incident is the Cameroonian media giving greater coverage?
"Only 5 hours after the attack it had already been tweeted more than 250000 times" referring to the Paris attacks according to the Daily Mail.

Those accusing me of having some sort of Agenda. I'm not even Muslim.
I am shocked by the clear double standard society has for the rest of the world. Perhaps the resentment towards the West is not unfounded.

I agree with you so much and I'm not muslim either . Please can someone link me to the BBC's coverage of this because I can't even find a story on the Nigerian massacre that started on Wednesday. The guardian have an article on it but no one else
Original post by Guybrush Sheepgood

Finally, sadly, when black people are killed it's not as big of a deal to the Western world.

Not really; there was long and lasting coverage of both the Zimmerman and Ferguson incidents. What you mean is when black people are killing it's not as big of a deal to the Western world.
Reply 57
Original post by ParasiteRex
Which incident is the Cameroonian media giving greater coverage?
I've been struggling to answer this because Google tracks you to where you are geographically and gives you local news by default.

By IP blocking, deleting my Google cookies, and going straight to Google in Cameroon I think I've got nearer to what they see.

There isn't a news.google.cm which also complicates things. But go to www.google.cm and search for 'news' and you get:

Pension changes: Millions could run out of cash, warns Age UK

Hinchingbrooke Hospital: Circle to withdraw from contract

AirAsia QZ8501: Plane tail lifted from seabed

Two men feared drowned in Brighton

Sri Lanka's life after Rajapaksa

Albuquerque police officer shot by fellow officer during drug bust

Teenager dies after stabbing in Wood Green

Boko Haram crisis: Nigeria's Baga town hit by new assault

Boko Haram crisis: Niger 'will not help retake' town of Baga

Sameena Imam: Brothers charged with woman's murder

Paris Massacre Suspects Killed in Dramatic Hostage Raids

US warns of global 'terror' threat after French attacks

I suspect if Cameroon hosted a major news outlet office, Google would prioritise their stories, not the BBC's!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 58
Original post by Temporality
Please can someone link me to the BBC's coverage of this because I can't even find a story on the Nigerian massacre that started on Wednesday.
You're a bit late because it is yesterday's news. I heard about it on BBC radio news yesterday morning.

From the 8th:
"Boko Haram crisis: Nigeria's Baga town hit by new assault"

From the 9th:
"Boko Haram crisis: Niger 'will not help retake' town of Baga"
Typical Africa.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending