The Student Room Group

Cambridge 'No Hopers' 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cappunno18
Dude you can tell how dressed I am and I don't appreciate people trying to give me inspirational advice :wink:

I STARTED THIS THREAD SO WE COULD BE NEGATIVE AND WALLOW, THEN RECOVER QUICKLY - people need to stop being positive

I see, but aren't we all? :wink:

Spoiler

LOL OKAY
I CAN'T SLEEP
Original post by RainbowVeins
I see, but aren't we all? :wink:

Spoiler

LOL OKAY
I CAN'T SLEEP

I was kinda sleeping, only thing i could think of was how to word my rejection to teachers in skl lol... cuz my skl is pretty crap when it comes to oxbridge, only 1 person got into cam since the start of our sixth form and that was last yr so all eyes on me and this other guy. sucks to be me!!

I swear i cant wait any longer!!!!
HSPS
and i gave her look that was like 'bitch u crazy'
and she looked at me like she was a little hurt that i hadn't appreciated the tea bag question

i was tempted to do some ranting about colonialism and cultural appropriation and stages of development and global trade

but i was like **** it. bitch asks a stupid question, she gets a stupid answer

Cool story bro
Original post by Master219
I was kinda sleeping, only thing i could think of was how to word my rejection to teachers in skl lol... cuz my skl is pretty crap when it comes to oxbridge, only 1 person got into cam since the start of our sixth form and that was last yr so all eyes on me and this other guy. sucks to be me!!

I swear i cant wait any longer!!!!

It's 05:33 and I'm up already :lol:

Gah I care more about this than I thought

Cool, you got your offer now?? and laugh at us with rejections? :mad:

lol

exactly! i thought ill just apply and if it comes then great and if doesnt then oh well, but my heart is beating at like 346 beats per minute, its madness!!
Original post by DCMed96
Cool, you got your offer now?? and laugh at us with rejections? :mad:

No mate :/

It's not possible for me to get the letters earlier than those living in England

And I bet post offices haven't even opened yet
lol

exactly! i thought ill just apply and if it comes then great and if doesnt then oh well, but my heart is beating at like 346 beats per minute, its madness!!

You better chill a bit then :tongue:

We don't know how long the wait is going to be yet :/
You better chill a bit then :tongue:

We don't know how long the wait is going to be yet :/

Haha, yh tryna...

True that, rlly hope its not monday!

Gd luck!!! :smile:
this is the perfect thread for me. statistically I'm bound to get rejected - so why does my brain STILL insist on hoping just a little?!
Original post by Autumnsong
this is the perfect thread for me. statistically I'm bound to get rejected - so why does my brain STILL insist on hoping just a little?!

Exactly!!! I know im gonna get rejected but im still hoping for an offer... tbh even if i get rejected ill still b happy haha, grateful that i even got an interview which barely anyone has a chance to have.

but gd luck!! :smile:
For some of us, rejection is inevitable. Our grades may be poor without ext circumstances, our interviews have gone terribly etc and this is hopefully a thread to talk about dealing with the rejection and moving on. If you're somebody with 10A*s 100UMS at as level and you post here - not cool bruh - this is for the 'no hopers' (I'm one)

I know you and the members on this thread are really dreading the outcome today, but I just wanted to wish you all the very best of luck :h:
Haha, yh tryna...

True that, rlly hope its not monday!

Gd luck!!! :smile:

Thank you, you too!
Thank you, you too!

Thanks! :smile:

Only a coupla hours, if that, left!! (unless it comes on monday...)
Original post by jneill
Your username is perfect for that story...

Posted from TSR Mobile

One of my mates told me his UMS was below 85% (didn't want to tell m exact number), and he received a interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know why I'm so nervous when I know it'll be a rejection. I mean, I hardly care anymore (I say as I'll be a ball of tears, depression, and hopefully 5 tonnes of galaxy chocolate later today).
anyone from here got an offer yet? (i get ur not supposed to but u never know...)
anyone from here got an offer yet? (i get ur not supposed to but u never know...)

A*AB to study literature at Girton... quite honestly baffled!
Rejected... :frown: it was medicine so didnt expect anymore tbh...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending