The Student Room Group

**** it! I am going to defend Islam!

Scroll to see replies

The unfortunate truth of the matter is that these radicalised extremists committing all of these horrific terrorist attacks, are all justifying their actions in the name of Islam. No matter how much Muslims claim that these individuals are nothing to do with their religion, it wouldn't change the worlds perception on them. I know it's not right-but hey, that's the society we all live in.

There is clearly a huge problem with the radicalisation of young people in Islam, which has been going on for years, which is why Islam will continue to get persecuted.
I am not speaking from a biased view as I am nor Christian or Muslim, despite growing and still living with Muslim parents. I'm just here to speak the truth. This debate can go on for years, but the real truth of the matter is that the extremism (Jihadist) aspect of Islam is what formulates the negative view from everyone today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Original post by Michael_Real
The unfortunate truth of the matter is that these radicalised extremists committing all of these horrific terrorist attacks, are all justifying their actions in the name of Islam. No matter how much Muslims claim that these individuals are nothing to do with their religion, it wouldn't change the worlds perception on them. I know it's not right-but hey, that's the society we all live in.

There is clearly a huge problem with the radicalisation of young people in Islam, which has been going on for years, which is why Islam will continue to get persecuted.
I am not speaking from a biased view as I am nor Christian or Muslim, despite growing and still living with Muslim parents. I'm just here to speak the truth. This debate can go on for years, but the real truth of the matter is that the extremism (Jihadist) aspect of Islam is what formulates the negative view from everyone today.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is your definition of a radicalised extremist? It seems to me that any Muslim who doesn't conform to the West, is against the West and doesn't like the West is branded as an extremist.

Both sides are committing terrorist acts than can be seen as horrific.
Based on myths and legends? The Quran says that trees have life. When did the world discover it. The Quran says that the light of moon is reflected. It says that there is a layer over the world that protects it (ozone). The quran says that the earth and every other planet orbits the sun. It says that the earth is round. All these were revealed in the quran 1400 years ago. WHEN DID THE WORLD DISCOVER THESE? lets just suppose that the quran is written by someone wise. Now what is thr probability that every single thing he guessed was absolutely right? This is only possible if HE is the creator of the world.
AND dear atheists.Albert Einstein wrote a letter on "God" before he died. He wrote that every single thing in this world is so systematic so balanced that it definitely has a creator. The world. THE HUMAN BODY.
And about the terrorist thing? The Quran says that killing a man is like killing the whole mankind and saving a man is like saving the whole mankind. With no doubt, the terrorists aint Muslims. They even kill muslims. They are just brain washed people.
Original post by RFUR1
How do you know this? Many innocent civilians (including women and child) have been killed due to the recklessness of our armed forces. Some of our soldiers have even shown a blatant lack of respect for the civilians in these countries. The West can't just carpet bomb entire cities even if we wanted to. It's just not permitted.

What definition of terrorism? This is a brief definition of terrorism 'violent acts that are intended to create fear (terror); are perpetrated for a religious, political, or ideological goal; and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants (e.g., neutral military personnel or civilians)'. So we too have committed acts of terrorism. The West (America, Britain etc) have had a general disregard for the safety of civilians when we have invaded countries in the Middle East. I would say we have also carried out violent acts for a religious, political or ideological goal while looking to create fear in the Middle East.

You have just contradicted yourself. Since when do terrorists not do something because it isn't permitted?

The West did not go into the Middle East to cause fear, they went in to depose the barbaric leader and help the people that were suffering under his reign. They also went in to try and destroy certain sects of extremism but that failed.
Original post by RFUR1
What is your definition of a radicalised extremist? It seems to me that any Muslim who doesn't conform to the West, is against the West and doesn't like the West is branded as an extremist.

Both sides are committing terrorist acts than can be seen as horrific.

I completely agree with your point regarding opposition against the West.

My personal opinion is that if someone doesn't like or agree with a certain place or thing, then why should one associate themselves with this place or thing. What is so pulling you back from returning to a place you feel more comfortable? For people migrating to England, complaining about the weather or how the country's system is s**t? If this is the case then what is stopping them from returning to the country that was so "great" for them? The reason they won't go is because they know that the country they are now in benefits them a lot more than the country they derived from.
The same applies for the West in general: if one does not agree with conformity with the West, you can't simply think that violence will solve the issue.

In terms of a radicalised extremist, my definition, in this context, would be a Muslim brainwashed into thinking murder is the solution to all their problems...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sharin22
Based on myths and legends? The Quran says that trees have life. When did the world discover it. The Quran says that the light of moon is reflected. It says that there is a layer over the world that protects it (ozone). The quran says that the earth and every other planet orbits the sun. It says that the earth is round. All these were revealed in the quran 1400 years ago. WHEN DID THE WORLD DISCOVER THESE? lets just suppose that the quran is written by someone wise. Now what is thr probability that every single thing he guessed was absolutely right? This is only possible if HE is the creator of the world.
AND dear atheists.Albert Einstein wrote a letter on "God" before he died. He wrote that every single thing in this world is so systematic so balanced that it definitely has a creator. The world. THE HUMAN BODY.
And about the terrorist thing? The Quran says that killing a man is like killing the whole mankind and saving a man is like saving the whole mankind. With no doubt, the terrorists aint Muslims. They even kill muslims. They are just brain washed people.

" whosoever killeth a human being for other than manslaughter or corruption in the earth, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind, and whoso saveth the life of one, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all mankind."

So basically it is acceptable for Muslims to kill when it is considered manslaughter and when it is considered cleansing the land.

Depending on people's interpretation of manslaughter and corruption you could say that it wasn't a very peaceful passage at all.

For instance, anyone who rejects or criticizes Islam could be considered a threat/enemy to Allah and therefore a corruption in the Earth.
Reply 46
Original post by DiddyDec
You have just contradicted yourself. Since when do terrorists not do something because it isn't permitted?

The West did not go into the Middle East to cause fear, they went in to depose the barbaric leader and help the people that were suffering under his reign. They also went in to try and destroy certain sects of extremism but that failed.

No I haven't contradicted myself. it is up to terrorists how they commit their acts of terror. The fact is that America would be breaking the law if they did that. Also it would be stupid for America and the West to just blow up entire cities when they are trying to convince everyone that Islam and the Middle East are the bad guys. The general public would come to their senses. They have been sneaky and need to be sneaky. You and I probably barely even know 10% of the West and America get up to in the Middle East and around the world. They hide their actions and intentions well and they need to if they want to achieve world domination. Besides why would America and the West carpet bomb cities in the Middle East which are rich in the natural resources (e.g. oil) they want. It doesn't really make sense.

You keep believing that. The West went into the Middle East for their own personal gain. The West couldn't care less about the civilians living in the Middle East. They went into to gain control, oil etc.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 47
I completely agree with your point regarding opposition against the West.

My personal opinion is that if someone doesn't like or agree with a certain place or thing, then why should one associate themselves with this place or thing. What is so pulling you back from returning to a place you feel more comfortable? For people migrating to England, complaining about the weather or how the country's system is s**t? If this is the case then what is stopping them from returning to the country that was so "great" for them? The reason they won't go is because they know that the country they are now in benefits them a lot more than the country they derived from.
The same applies for the West in general: if one does not agree with conformity with the West, you can't simply think that violence will solve the issue.

In terms of a radicalised extremist, my definition, in this context, would be a Muslim brainwashed into thinking murder is the solution to all their problems...

Posted from TSR Mobile

A lot of Muslims actually have said that they want to go back 'home' and they do not feel accepted in our society.

Question for you:

How do we know that these radical extremists have been brainwashed? They could be fighting for a real purpose? How do we know that we aren't the ones who have been brainwashed by our governments into thinking these guys are the 'bad guys'?

There's two sides to every coin.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by RFUR1
No I haven't contradicted myself. it is up to terrorists how they commit their acts of terror. The fact is that America would be breaking the law if they did that. Also it would be stupid for America and the West to just blow up entire cities when they are trying to convince everyone that Islam and the Middle East are the bad guys. The general public would come to their senses. They have been sneaky and need to be sneaky. You and I probably barely even know 10% of the West and America get up to in the Middle East and around the world. They hide their actions and intentions well and they need to if they want to achieve world domination. Besides why would America and the West carpet bomb cities in the Middle East which are rich in the natural resources (e.g. oil) they want. It doesn't really make sense.

You keep believing that. The West went into the Middle East for their own personal gain. The West couldn't care less about the civilians living in the Middle East. They went into to gain control, oil etc.

The West are not trying to convince everyone that Islam is bad or the Middle east for that matter. How would doing that help anyone? It would just start all out war and nobody in the West wants war.

Where are you getting this idea of world domination from? You are just making things up.

If all the West wanted was the resources the logical response would be to wipe all the people out and take the resources. That way they could not oppose you. By carpet bombing a city you are not be destroying oil reserves, where did you get that idea from?
Original post by RFUR1
A lot of Muslims actually have said that they want to go back 'home' and they do not feel accepted in our society.

Question for you:

How do we know that these radical extremists have been brainwashed? They could be fighting for a real purpose? How do we know that we aren't the ones who have been brainwashed by our governments into thinking these guys are the 'bad guys'?

There's two sides to every coin.

The killing of innocent people can never be justified. There's your answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
French guy shoots up Kosher supermarket in Paris.

Clearly the fault of America.

Rampages of death by Islamic terror groups in Syria and West Africa.

Clearly the fault of Israel.
Reply 51
The West are not trying to convince everyone that Islam is bad or the Middle east for that matter. How would doing that help anyone? It would just start all out war and nobody in the West wants war.

Where are you getting this idea of world domination from? You are just making things up.

If all the West wanted was the resources the logical response would be to wipe all the people out and take the resources. That way they could not oppose you. By carpet bombing a city you are not be destroying oil reserves, where did you get that idea from?

Have you read anything I have written?

The West has always wanted world domination. First it was us and our British Empire where we invaded countries took them over and stole their riches and now America is looking to do the same just in a different way. The West see the Middle East as a threat, they have pretty much admitted it several times and when someone is a threat to you what do you do? Try and get rid of them. The more Islam and the Middle East look bad the more the West benefits, as it makes it easier for them to justify their actions to us and the rest of the world.

I have just explained why the West can't wipe out everyone re-read my earlier post(s). Why bomb a city or wipe everyone out when you can make the city and the Middle East conform. It works out better for the West in the long-term. Less resources (e.g. money, weapons, soldiers) are wasted and it's better for public relations.

We just love to interfere in other other countries affairs, we always have and always will.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 52
The killing of innocent people can never be justified. There's your answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But the West has killed innocent people too. So that means that neither the acts of the West or the Middle East can be justified then?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by RFUR1
Have you read anything I have written.

The West has always wanted world domination. First it was us and our British Empire where we invaded countries took them over and stole their riches and now America is looking to do the same just in a different way. The West see the Middle East as a threat, they have pretty much admitted it several times and when someone is a threat to you what do you do? Try and get rid of them. The more Islam and the Middle East look bad the more the West benefits, as it makes it easier to justify their actions to us and the West of the world.

I have just explained why the West can't wipe out everyone re-read my earlier post(s). Why bomb a city or wipe everyone out when you make the city and the Middle East conform. It works out better for the West in the long-term. Less resources (e.g. money, weapons, soldiers) are lost and it's better for public relations.

I have read through your previous posts, you are trying to defend some points which are indefensible.

You have defended the killing of apostates based on the morality of the religion.

Killing innocent people is indefensible.
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
" whosoever killeth a human being for other than manslaughter or corruption in the earth, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind, and whoso saveth the life of one, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all mankind."

So basically it is acceptable for Muslims to kill when it is considered manslaughter and when it is considered cleansing the land.

Depending on people's interpretation of manslaughter and corruption you could say that it wasn't a very peaceful passage at all.

For instance, anyone who rejects or criticizes Islam could be considered a threat/enemy to Allah and therefore a corruption in the Earth.

Chapter 2 verse 190 (surah Al-Baqarah) "And fight in the way of Allah, those who fight you but transgress not the limits. Truely,Allah likes not the transgressors. "
This is the first verse revealed that is connected with jihad.
we are only allowed to fight or kill people when we have to defend ourselves.
And about that verse can u please give me the chapter number and ayat? I will check :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
You forgot how Islam treats Women - Like slaves.

..I am a Muslim female, and i am not treated like a slave. Infact, the Quran has stated that you should show 3x more love to your mother than your father, as your mother comes first, then your mother, then your mother and then your father.

Also, when Muslim women get married, they should not take their husbands surname, as the women is still their own person.

Finally, how exactly does Islam treat women like slave? Please explain
Original post by RFUR1
But the West has killed innocent people too. So that means that neither the acts of the West or the Middle East can be justified then?

The killing of innocents is never justified.
Reply 57
I have read through your previous posts, you are trying to defend some points which are indefensible.

You have defended the killing of apostates based on the morality of the religion.

Killing innocent people is indefensible.

I haven't defended the killing of apostates based on the morality of the religion. I was pointing out a double standard. Why don't people talk about Christianity allowing the killing of apostates? People need to be consistent. Why was the poster only talking about how Islam believes in the killing of apostates inferring he/she is disgusted by it when Christianity does the same? Why didn't he/she call out Christianity as well. He/she either cares about the killing of apostates which makes Christianity as bad as Islam (in this case) or he/she doesn't care about the killing of apostates which then means he/she shouldn't have even written the comment in the first place.

I believe innocent people should never be killed!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 58
The killing of innocents is never justified.

I agree! However you haven't answered my question.
Islam is beautiful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending