The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Offer from St John's to study medicine :biggrin: I'm in a pool of mine and my mums tears right now!! Good luck to everyone else :biggrin:
THEY COULD HAVE JUST MADE EVERYONES LIVES EASIER BY MAKING THEIR OWN TRACKING SYSTEM (like Kings College London) or just sent us all emails, would that have been so difficult???

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm glad that I've been pooled because my interview went so embarrassingly badly I want to see my interviewers as little as humanly possible.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Goods
The issue is that candidates are only interviewed at one college at the start. If they haven't made a decision they cant give one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, but if they've extended it all, and they said they'd have it sorted they should have sorted it.

If they'd said there is a chance of no decision but in pool it would be fine. Ish
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Sorry, but Cambridge sort your **** out.

If you've prolonged the wait you can at least have the decency to tell people where they've been fished, etc etc

Have you had your letter yet?? :smile:
Just realised I'm going to be holed up in the office in my house for an online lecture from 10:30 to 12, which is when the post is most likely to arrive... :frown:
The letter's here and my heart is beating like I just ran a marathon.
Rejectioooooonnnn from Christ's for NatSci hah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2548
Original post by a123a
I don't get it. On my letter is says I've been pooled but a decision on my application hasn't been made yet. I thought everyone, who hasn't/won't be re interviewed are told if they have an offer/rejection?

Original post by The_Top_Hat
I think the same has happened to me... I got this in an email (Haven't got a letter yet):

I am writing to advise you that your application is still under
consideration and we will let you have the final decision as soon as it
has been made.

Thank you for your patience.

Best wishes,

I Swear that it was supposed to be that we didn't have to wait for pooling outcomes (Without re-interviews)? Thats the whole point of this new system!

Hello both

When I saw this I assumed you were both medics, and aersh8 has confirmed that for me.

My understanding is that there are a number of applicants for Medicine only who are still being considered for an open offer. What an open offer means is that you would be guaranteed a place - assuming you met your offer conditions in full - but the college you would be placed at won't be decided until after the A level results are published in August.

Each year, a small number (about five) of these open offers is made for Medicine. Unfortunately it appears that the process of allocating these open offers hasn't been completed in time for the main mail-out, hence the terms of the letter you've received today. I don't know how many people will be in contention for these offers, as Cambridge has never published this information so far as I am aware, but it is fair to say that the odds in favour of getting an offer this way are not as good as they are for the re-interviewees. The 'open offer' group as I understood it from previous years is completely separate from the re-interviewed group, but I can't confirm that now because the information is 'behind the wall'. Here's hoping that they will make their minds up and let you know quickly.

Applicants for all other subjects - except the re-interviewees, who know who they are by now - can be assured that their decisions have been made, and that this information will reach them some time over the next few days.

Original post by aersh8
Well maybe they are waiting to compare you with some people being reinterviewed? I mean if your interview was good enough but since they have limited spaces (both The Top Hat and a123a are medicine as far as I remember which is strictly regulated) they are just waiting for the outcome of those second interviews.

Posted from TSR Mobile
See explanation above :smile:

Original post by paradoxicalme
Pool hasn't finished it. They've sorted out the reinterviews but they haven't given out all the direct offers yet. You guys have either been pulled out by a college and are being decided on, or all the colleges haven't got round you yet. :smile:
Yes they have - these were decided on 6 January, and are being communicated from now.

This is a special case relating to Medicine applicants only.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by HennersPD
Have you had your letter yet?? :smile:

Nope
Original post by themancunian
Rejectioooooonnnn from Christ's for NatSci hah

Posted from TSR Mobile

**** :frown: screwed...

Manchester is waiting :wink:
Original post by Elcor
The letter's here and my heart is beating like I just ran a marathon.

Glglglglglglglgl
Rejection from King's for Economics waaaaaaa :frown:
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
That's amazing, congrats! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, make room for me at Pembroke :wink:
Original post by a123a
Ok. This letter has made me more nervous now.

So basically we now have to wait till the end of January to find out about our fates. :bawling:
Got my email. Rejection unfortunately. Well, at least I know now :frown:
Offer from Trinity to study Maths :smile:
Rejected from Emma for PBS. Tried not to get my hopes up, but still so disappointed.. :frown:

such a pity that I am not able to visit this sheet right now.Would you mind tell me when will Caius email?
Does anyone know when you find out which college you've been pooled to?
Original post by a123a
Ok. This letter has made me more nervous now.

Pool interviews have a 40+% success rate this means as you are under the same consideration based off you're original performance you also have this success rate. This means that your chances of an offer since discovering you were pooled have increased.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2559
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Now I'm worried :lol: I knew it would kick in eventually... Seeing standard of people rejected :colonhash:

Gahhhh I just wanna be rejected so I can move on with my life. Rather than this agonising 'hope' thing

Latest