The Student Room Group
Explain the double standard?
It's a straight libel case.

Someone said something directly about a named individual and that person (still living) is seeking legal redress through the courts.

This is not the same as a third party taking offence to a cartoon of a person who died 1400 years ago and then proceeds to murder those they think are responsible and anyone else who happens to get in the way.

Double standards? No.

Murderous butchers? Yes.
(edited 9 years ago)
I mean they happily insulted Muslims and Black people yet when someone wanted to insult Jews they wouldn't allow it at all? If they label themselves as Marxist then surely they'd allow it, yet there seems to be some sort of agenda
Original post by uberteknik
It's a straight libel case.

Someone said something directly about a named individual and that person (still living) is seeking redress through the courts.

This is not the same as a third party taking offence to a cartoon of a person who died 1400 years ago and then proceeds to murder those they think are responsible and anyone else who happens to get in the way.

Double standards? No.

Murderous butchers? Yes.

I see where you're coming from but the case was based on 'charges of anti-semitism'
Original post by unfathomablee
I see where you're coming from but the case was based on 'charges of anti-semitism'
Really does not matter what religion they are or what the case is based on. Libel and defamation still have to be proven.

If a named individual feels they are unfairly targeted because of their religion, they too are entitled to seek redress through the courts. The laws are the same whether one is Christian, Islamist, Buddhist, Catholic, Jewish, Homosexual, Transgender, Ethnic origin or whatever.

Note the specific details 'converting to Judaism because of financial reasons'. i.e. this is part of a bigger case where Sarkozy himself is indicted on charges of corruption.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by uberteknik
Really does not matter what religion they are or what the case is based on. Libel and defamation still have to be proven.

If a named individual feels they are unfairly targeted because of their religion, they too are entitled to seek redress through the courts. The laws are the same whether one is Christian, Islamist, Buddhist, Catholic, Jewish, Homosexual, Transgender, Ethnic origin or whatever.

hm agreed. What do you think about the fact that the artist got fired on the basis of anti Semitism?
Reply 7
Nope no double standard for Charlie Hebdo.

Speech laws for 'inciting racial hatred' are just as stupid.
No one should be thrown in jail or punished because of it.

The only double standard here is when a country has such speech laws that prohibit free speech.
(edited 9 years ago)
hm agreed. What do you think about the fact that the artist got fired on the basis of anti Semitism?
Tactical move to take the political heat away from the magazine. i.e. he seems to have been 'scapegoated', to borrow a phrase from the Old-Testament, which is rather cynically apt in this instance.
(edited 9 years ago)
Why Jews are anti-Arab, anti-White, anti-Black (except when they want to use Blacks against White people ) Anti-gentile.Let's talk about Jewish racism, power and control of our countries shall we? Thought not that would be anti-Semitism.
I mean they happily insulted Muslims and Black people yet when someone wanted to insult Jews they wouldn't allow it at all? If they label themselves as Marxist then surely they'd allow it, yet there seems to be some sort of agenda

It has insulted jews toa massive extent in the past, it is well documented , some of thestuff they printed was borderline racist, but allowed by court.

Its by the by, it showsthey view anyone as a tartget, not just mohammed. Are they distasteful and crass? Yes. Should they buckle to islamist ideology and threatsin their own country? no.

if a muslim doesnt wantto draw insult from it, they dont have too read it. Thats what jewsand catholics in france do.

Why not instead talkabout the islamist agenda that uses this an an excuse to try pushthier pointless ideology on others and also as an excuse to killsjews as an aside. The islamists were animalistic morons, we arebetter off now they were removed from the planet
Original post by LoveYourRace
Why Jews are anti-Arab, anti-White, anti-Black (except when they want to use Blacks against White people ) Anti-gentile.Let's talk about Jewish racism, power and control of our countries shall we? Thought not that would be anti-Semitism.

Interestingly the jewsas a race never enslaved the blacks like the arabs and whites did

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending