The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

The UCL PPE thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Teddysmith123
I know I hate it! Well I guess that this thread will have to occupy us till then! How's your gap year going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's good thanks! I'm enjoying the opportunity to just follow opportunities as they come really, as school can be quite restrictive to ones time.

I worked for the Tory's for a little bit but now I'm working for Squawka who are a football statistics company? You may have heard of them/followed them on Twitter. It's awesome working at a startup and to be able to study football for money haha!

How's it going for you? You were a gap yearer too right?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by economicsrocks
I applied for PPE too, still no portal update :frown:

Soon hopefully :frown:

Do I remember you form an Oxford thread somewhere?
Original post by Dprince
Soon hopefully :frown:

Do I remember you form an Oxford thread somewhere?

Hopefully! You do, I remember you as well :smile: Woo I'm officially an Oxford reject (pre-interview)
Original post by Dprince
It's good thanks! I'm enjoying the opportunity to just follow opportunities as they come really, as school can be quite restrictive to ones time.

I worked for the Tory's for a little bit but now I'm working for Squawka who are a football statistics company? You may have heard of them/followed them on Twitter. It's awesome working at a startup and to be able to study football for money haha!

How's it going for you? You were a gap yearer too right?

Ah oh ok that sounds fun! Yh my gap year has been a bit slow thus far :frown: I've been tutoring children in maths and science and am travelling in February so that should occupy my time till university starts...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 104
I applied and I am so worried because Im from the United States and they don't really predict where Im from. We have AP classes so for us you can get 1-5 on the exam. a 5 means A and a 4 means B. so if you get 3 fives thats AAA.
the problem is (PLEASE HELP YOU GUYS) we dont do predictions here and the teachers are reluctant. UCL emailed my counselor (so im assuming my application is being processed) to let her know I need predictions.
AP exams are optional here most people dont take them so its very odd to ask your teacher for a prediction. three of my five teachers agreed and gave me a 5,5,4 which leaves me at AAB. but the math and science department wont comment which means I dont have predictions for two exams. do u think this will affect me.
Another Oxford reject checking in here 😊😂. I think the reason why no ones got an offer for UCL is simply down to it being the first year of the course so they want to compare everyone together. People were asking before so I may as well share: GCSE 6A* 3A 1B. AS AAAA (maths, physics, economics, history) A2 predictions A*A*AA and A* in EPQ. Received offers from Warwick and Manchester and still waiting on LSE and UCL (ideally would like to go to one of the London ones)

Posted from TSR Mobile
fellow PPE oxford reject here!

I didn't apply for PPE at UCL, I applied for arts and sciences and will effectively do PPE modules as well as some psychology and german, but I decided just to stalk this thread because I'm really interested in how the PPE applications are coming along since I'm firming UCL :smile:

Wish all of you guys good luck!
Hopefully! You do, I remember you as well :smile: Woo I'm officially an Oxford reject (pre-interview)

Ahh, post interview reject :frown: Dw you didn't miss much just some free food:rolleyes:
Original post by Teddysmith123
Ah oh ok that sounds fun! Yh my gap year has been a bit slow thus far :frown: I've been tutoring children in maths and science and am travelling in February so that should occupy my time till university starts...

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds awesome bro I'd love to go travelling :frown:!
Original post by saysay
I applied and I am so worried because Im from the United States and they don't really predict where Im from. We have AP classes so for us you can get 1-5 on the exam. a 5 means A and a 4 means B. so if you get 3 fives thats AAA.
the problem is (PLEASE HELP YOU GUYS) we dont do predictions here and the teachers are reluctant. UCL emailed my counselor (so im assuming my application is being processed) to let her know I need predictions.
AP exams are optional here most people dont take them so its very odd to ask your teacher for a prediction. three of my five teachers agreed and gave me a 5,5,4 which leaves me at AAB. but the math and science department wont comment which means I dont have predictions for two exams. do u think this will affect me.

Ring UCL and tell them about your predicament. It's not your fault that two of your teachers are non-compliant and they should definitely take that into account :smile:
Reply 110
Where else have you guys applied to/ got offers from?

I applied to Durham,Warwick, UCL and Oxford for PPE. Got offers from Durham and Warwick and rejected from Oxford
I also applied to St. Andrews for IR and Eco. I also have an offer from them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dprince
That sounds awesome bro I'd love to go travelling :frown:!

Yh I've been saving up so that I can go to asia for two months then come back do an extra a level in further maths then go again in august! Lol I can't wait! :tongue:

Will all you guys be firming ucl if you get an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dprince
Ahh, post interview reject :frown: Dw you didn't miss much just some free food:rolleyes:

Congrats on getting to the interview stage, I would have loved to :colondollar: Pretty sure it was the TSA which let me down, but hey, still got the other unis to hope for!
When did the people who got Warwick offers apply and hear from them? I applied in September and I still haven't heard anything, and I don't think that's a good sign!
Reply 114
When did the people who got Warwick offers apply and hear from them? I applied in September and I still haven't heard anything, and I don't think that's a good sign!

I applied on the 27th of September and got my offer on the 8th of October!
Not hearing back is better that not getting in!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rid
I applied on the 27th of September and got my offer on the 8th of October!
Not hearing back is better that not getting in!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok thank you! Maybe I had been moved to a different batch or something? Ahh the wait is killing me but yeah I guess it is better than not being rejected so far!
Reply 116
Ok thank you! Maybe I had been moved to a different batch or something? Ahh the wait is killing me but yeah I guess it is better than not being rejected so far!

Are you an international applicant? Maybe that makes a difference? Yeah, it's far better :smile:
Are you considering Warwick though? I applied to Warwick only as a safety

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rid
Are you an international applicant? Maybe that makes a difference? Yeah, it's far better :smile:
Are you considering Warwick though? I applied to Warwick only as a safety

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I'm a home applicant, and I'm still waiting on three choices :frown: Yeah I am considering it and I'd either firm or insurance it depending on if LSE actually get back to me :smile:
Reply 118
No I'm a home applicant, and I'm still waiting on three choices :frown: Yeah I am considering it and I'd either firm or insurance it depending on if LSE actually get back to me :smile:

So maybe they're offering the international students offers first? So it's trumping even UCL?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rid
So maybe they're offering the international students offers first? So it's trumping even UCL?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe, but both Warwick and LSE have already given out quite a few PPE offers, some to home candidates! Are you an international applicant? To be honest, I don't know exactly what I would firm, I might end up going for UCL depending on what other offers/rejections I get :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending