The Student Room Group

Cambridge 'No Hopers' 2015

Scroll to see replies

Sorry guys... I have an offer! No idea how, I thought I had no chance-hence joining this thread. I don't know which college I've been pooled to yet though- argh, more suspense!
Got my rejection letter today :smile: this page cheered me up. That and I also got an offer from York at practically the same time :smile:
No surprises at the rejection :/.
Waiting on Durham. Congratulations to all who got offers!
Reply 83
Original post by RainbowVeins
The thing with maths is that UMS isn't the best indicator, although he has a good chance with 99% UMS indeed :tongue:
Hope you both get in!

Good thinking :laugh: I wish I did that :lol:

Haha exactly!

I guess you were right about some of us getting in, I got an offer. I'm also in debt to the sum of £5...worth it :biggrin:
I think I may have broken some sort of record...my GCSEs are A*A*A*AABBBCCDD and my UMS average is 85%. No extentuating circumstances and I go to an Ofsted Outstanding school. But by some magic I got an offer today!
Reply 85
Original post by draculina
I think I may have broken some sort of record...my GCSEs are A*A*A*AABBBCCDD and my UMS average is 85%. No extentuating circumstances and I go to an Ofsted Outstanding school. But by some magic I got an offer today!

omg wow!! What did you apply for?:smile:
Reply 86
still no letter:frown: I just want this over with.....
Original post by sr234
omg wow!! What did you apply for?:smile:

French and Italian :smile:
Original post by draculina

What on earth?

Well done.
Reply 89
Original post by Kolasinac138
What on earth?

Well done.

Hi! Have you got your letter yet?:smile:
Original post by sr234
Hi! Have you got your letter yet?:smile:

Not yet
Original post by TVIO
I guess you were right about some of us getting in, I got an offer. I'm also in debt to the sum of £5...worth it :biggrin:

I know it's inevitable :laugh:
Well done! I'm still waiting for the postman to come :s
Reply 92
I know it's inevitable :laugh:
Well done! I'm still waiting for the postman to come :s

I had a little bit of hope that refused to die, but when I actually had the letter in my hands it evaporated. I knew that I hadn't gotten in and I was just left with a curiosity as to how they'd worded it/what exactly they rejected me for. And then...yeah. Good luck! I know the wait was killing me, I hope you find out soon
Got rejected...... but awkward thing is that I have 1 in 2 chances of getting in because my course is not even competitive (MML)
Original post by TVIO
I had a little bit of hope that refused to die, but when I actually had the letter in my hands it evaporated. I knew that I hadn't gotten in and I was just left with a curiosity as to how they'd worded it/what exactly they rejected me for. And then...yeah. Good luck! I know the wait was killing me, I hope you find out soon

I have a bit of hope too, let's see if it's real :wink:
Was it a thin letter?
And thanks!
Reply 95
I have a bit of hope too, let's see if it's real :wink:
Was it a thin letter?
And thanks!

Oh god I didn't even think about that at the time. Mine was probably one of the thicker ones as it had a few forms to fill in (Churchill) but I've heard others got thin ones with just the decision in.
Now I feel that private schools have no purpose....... I asked everyone else how they did and they all go to state comprehensive schools....... I have the exact if not just slightly better gcse grades than them and I have no had any oxbridge whatsoever. I'm not rich nor am I poor but if cambridge really wanted me....do I have to give up my wealth just to be accepted.
Original post by TVIO
Oh god I didn't even think about that at the time. Mine was probably one of the thicker ones as it had a few forms to fill in (Churchill) but I've heard others got thin ones with just the decision in.

Ahhh okay, a fat letter can't be a bad thing so I will look out for one :lol:
This is slowing driving me crazy...
Reply 98
Ahhh okay, a fat letter can't be a bad thing so I will look out for one :lol:
This is slowing driving me crazy...

Good plan but don't worry if it isn't one. Also it really wasn't that fat, barely noticeable. Though I probably should have guessed something was up when there were like 5-6 sheets in there, a friend's rejection letter was a single page. My letter only decided to show up when I distracted myself and resigned myself to the fact it would not be here for a while. I watched the IT crowd (pretty good) to do it myself and it worked!
Original post by TVIO
Good plan but don't worry if it isn't one. Also it really wasn't that fat, barely noticeable. Though I probably should have guessed something was up when there were like 5-6 sheets in there, a friend's rejection letter was a single page. My letter only decided to show up when I distracted myself and resigned myself to the fact it would not be here for a while. I watched the IT crowd (pretty good) to do it myself and it worked!

I feel it's so cruel to reject someone with a single page of letter...but anyway I might go volunteering later to distract myself :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending