The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NinjaTurtl3
Medic here, can someone decipher this for me:

I got pooled, and then it said: "I am pleased to advise you that your application was of interest to another college via the Winter Pool and they wish to make you an offer. You will hear shortly from them directly regarding the offer they wish to make you."

Does that mean...I'm in?!?!?!

Sounds like it.
Original post by Stefan21
So Monday then...well all the best! What subject did you apply for?

You applied for History at Selwyn if I recall?
I wasn't surprised at my rejection - the interviews were horrible. Out of curiosity, what sense did you make of the extract?
Original post by L'Evil Fish
No I meant Cambridge dream is over!
It's a ****ing reality now :awesome:

Got in for Christ's

A*A*A in any of Further Maths Physics and Chemistry.

This is what I want to do:

:slap:

Congrats mate!
Ahh, another wait till Monday or until the post arrives 1-2 week later! (International student here) :frown:

Magdalene is kinda silent with regards to my request for an e-mail.

Congratulations to those who have received their offers and to those who didn't, it's not the end of the world. Great things can still be achieved and I am sure all of you would at some point in your lives! :smile:

Got in for Christ's

Well done, Fish! You deserve it :smile:

Got in for Christ's

Well done, that's awesome!!! :biggrin:
I got an offer from Downing for medicine. holy crap this is insane
Original post by HughBriss
You applied for History at Selwyn if I recall?
I wasn't surprised at my rejection - the interviews were horrible. Out of curiosity, what sense did you make of the extract?

Ah sorry to hear that man. As a matter of fact my interview was over Skype so they didn't give me any extract (don't know whether that's good or not). They went over my PS and the extra essays they asked for.
Original post by jneill
Hmm, unsuccessful applicants are less likely to post than Offer Holders.

Also, people who hang out on the student room are more likely to be more focused on their studies, and to know the application process well.
Original post by abigai11
Pooled and asked for another interview. What are my chnaces like at this stage??

Same chance as before I think. Someone said 40% and somewhere else I read a long time ago said 1/5 so not sure. Good luck tho!
Original post by Slowbro93
This is what I want to do:

:slap:

Congrats mate!

Original post by Blazar
Well done, Fish! You deserve it :smile:

Original post by drowninginsound
Well done, that's awesome!!! :biggrin:

Thanks guys!
Original post by aprocrastinator
I got an offer from Downing for medicine. holy crap this is insane

That's incredible! Well done!
Reply 3132
Have any other UK applicants not had their letter in the post?!
Original post by nanceheh
Same chance as before I think. Someone said 40% and somewhere else I read a long time ago said 1/5 so not sure. Good luck tho!

It's 25% for the pool as a whole and 45% if you're being reinterviewed
Original post by jneill

Having said that, I've been very impressed by the honesty of people in the Oxford thread. Lots of people posting their rejections.
Thanks guys!

You deserve it, and you should be really proud what with the ridiculous number of people who applied to your college. :wink:
Original post by drowninginsound
You deserve it, and you should be really proud what with the ridiculous number of people who applied to your college. :wink:

Thanks, yeah, that's one thing I'm quite proud of!
Original post by Chlorophile
Having said that, I've been very impressed by the honesty of people in the Oxford thread. Lots of people posting their rejections.

Nothing to be ashamed of in my opinion because getting an interview was/is amazing! If I get rejected I won't mind because a) it's cambridge and if I get in wow b) I got an interview! So they read my app and thought hey lets give her a shot. And that was a massive confidence boost :smile:
Original post by LD997
Have any other UK applicants not had their letter in the post?!

Yes and it is torture. I don't think I can last till Monday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill

Well yeah I guess that's true, but I'm just seeing so many of the core posters getting offers. People like Fish, tomfailinghelp, elcor etc.

Latest

Trending

Trending