The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3180
Offer from Sydney Sussex to study Architecture. Oh my ****.
Original post by Minerva
Hmm. I'll think about it...

:tongue:uppeyes:
Original post by Obiejess
Had you not gotten in, I wouldn't have even bothered making an application.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Now you can!
Original post by BWCW
Was hoping I'd see you post with that outcome! (You got there eventually... :mad:)

Congratulations! Hope I see you (and all the rest of you) in Cambridge in October. :smile:

Haha indeed you will :wink: unless I majorly **** up
Original post by lyricalvibe
Well done man!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks so much!

Hope it's worked out for youuuuuu
Reply 3182
Original post by Watchthe
For medicine has anyone been pooled but then been told to wait for a few days before they confirm anything, they haven't said I have an offer just that I've been pooled and have to wait before any decisions are made, and this is happening for a lot of med and vet meds
It sounds like you are in the 'Medicine open offers' group. This is the only group of people (apart from those being reinterviewed) for whom a final decision hasn't been made yet. It means that you are being considered for an offer where you aren't allocated to a college now, but are guaranteed a place if you meet your offer conditions. You wouldn't find out which college until after the A level results have come out.

There's about half a dozen of you in this thread so far.
Rejected from Sidney Sussex for CompSci. Exactly how I said I would be, so not too disappointed.
Wait, if your in the pool can the college that put you in it eventually give you an offer?

This is for medical applicants in the open pool thingy.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3185
Original post by ElleVictoria97
I've been pooled by Emmanuel for maths, can anyone help me to decipher this part of the email:
"I am pleased to advise you that your application remains of interest to other Colleges and you will be contacted shortly (if you have not already heard from them). If you are invited for interview, you will be advised of the final outcome of your application, as soon as possible once the Winter Pool interviews are complete."

I've not been contacted for a pool interview, so how does the pool work this year? Does this mean that I might have a pool offer or that they're going to compare me to who they do re-interview? Please help
Posted from TSR Mobile
It means that Emma will definitely not take you, but another college will, assuming that a reinterview invitation hasn't gone astray. You should hear from your new college over the next few days.
Original post by paradoxicalme
That's incredible! Well done!

Thank you so much! I don't understand how, I felt like such a mediocre candidate!
Original post by physicsmaths
Offer to study Mathematics at Fitzwilliam College !! A*A*A with 1,1 in step 2 and 3.
i got it like 40 minutes ago was so excited i screamed and fell over!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations, see you at Fitz hopefully! :wink:
Do Caius send emails for who is outside EU/UK today?
Reply 3189
Original post by a123a
Wait, if your in the pool can the college that put you in it eventually give you an offer?
Not now, no.
Original post by a123a

Highly improbable, never heard of it
Original post by ElleVictoria97
I've been pooled by Emmanuel for maths, can anyone help me to decipher this part of the email:
"I am pleased to advise you that your application remains of interest to other Colleges and you will be contacted shortly (if you have not already heard from them). If you are invited for interview, you will be advised of the final outcome of your application, as soon as possible once the Winter Pool interviews are complete."

I've not been contacted for a pool interview, so how does the pool work this year? Does this mean that I might have a pool offer or that they're going to compare me to who they do re-interview? Please help
Posted from TSR Mobile

You have been fished and have an offer. Your new college will contact you asap.

Congrats!
Offer from Christs to study history! A*AA

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Minerva
Not now, no.

Ok thanks
OMFG offer from Christ's for Nat Sci. A*A*A :biggrin:
The post has come and no letter from cambridge.. Does this mean I Havnt got an offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GavinYang
Do Caius send emails for who is outside EU/UK today?

Yes

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17XXeZLqSEcxl0RLE4ewJZGZPkmxHEuq4wrCfKnTxIYQ/
Original post by gracey11
The post has come and no letter from cambridge.. Does this mean I Havnt got an offer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not at all. You'll have to wait until Monday.
Original post by gracey11

No it just means you haven't got a letter, yet.

Offers and Rejections were all sent at the same time.

Good luck!
Original post by a123a

This is for medical applicants in the open pool thingy.

Hey are you in the open pool things as well?

Latest

Trending

Trending