The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by UKVILLA
Subject: Economics
College: St. John's
Outcome (and conditions): Offer, A* (Maths), A* (FM or Econ), AA
How did you hear? (email/letter/phone/owl): Letter
How do you feel? They must have mistaken me for someone else, but can't complain!!!!!!

Same!! Hopefully see you next year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DomStaff
Not at all. You'll have to wait until Monday.

Thank you :smile: eughh this is incredibly frustrating, I can't focus on anything else

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Feel slightly bad. But it was worth.

Hope you can all forgive me :biggrin:

Lol I new you were chatting it cause otherwise you would've wrote abit more and swore at that interviewer who apparently hated you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
You have been fished and have an offer. Your new college will contact you asap.

Congrats!

Hey, be careful, it doesn't seem to make it explicit that she has an offer. Other people have explicitly been told they have an offer from somewhere else - it sounds like she's still under consideration.
Reply 3204
Any international applicants heard anything?
Im sitting here going crazy...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gracey11
Thank you :smile: eughh this is incredibly frustrating, I can't focus on anything else

Posted from TSR Mobile

Go out and get drunk tonight. Benefits:
1) you won't remember Cambridge this evening
2) you will be too hungover to care tomorrow
3) you'll get home from school with your decision on Monday.
Original post by DomStaff
Go out and get drunk tonight. Benefits:
1) you won't remember Cambridge this evening
2) you will be too hungover to care tomorrow
3) you'll get home from school with your decision on Monday.

If you are 18, of course :wink:
Original post by nanceheh
If you are 18, of course :wink:

Pfft, age is irrelevant! Confidence gets your served, not ID :wink:
Original post by paradoxicalme
Hey, be careful, it doesn't seem to make it explicit that she has an offer. Other people have explicitly been told they have an offer from somewhere else - it sounds like she's still under consideration.

Original post by Minerva
It means that Emma will definitely not take you, but another college will, assuming that a reinterview invitation hasn't gone astray. You should hear from your new college over the next few days.

Minerva previously reckoned that this wording means a pool offer (potentially except for medics).
Original post by audreygal
No

Are you applying for a postgrad?
Reply 3210
Guys olease can someone help me I got this in my letter and I'm freaking out because does this mean I definately have an offer or not Imm so scared!!

' however we has suffeicient confidence in your abilities and potential to recommend you to the inter collegiate winte rpool where your file has been available for consideration by other colleges.

I am pleased to advise you that your application wasof interest to another college via the winter pool and they wish to make you an offer. you will shortly hear from them directly regarding the offer they wish to make you. '
Reply 3211
Omg I'm so sorry for so many typos I'm just freaking out
Original post by ak24
Guys olease can someone help me I got this in my letter and I'm freaking out because does this mean I definately have an offer or not Imm so scared!!

' however we has suffeicient confidence in your abilities and potential to recommend you to the inter collegiate winte rpool where your file has been available for consideration by other colleges.

I am pleased to advise you that your application wasof interest to another college via the winter pool and they wish to make you an offer. you will shortly hear from them directly regarding the offer they wish to make you. '

Yes, they have explicitly stated you have an offer. Specific requirements will be sent to you shortly.
Original post by ak24
guys olease can someone help me i got this in my letter and i'm freaking out because does this mean i definately have an offer or not imm so scared!!

I am pleased to advise you that your application wasof interest to another college via the winter pool and they wish to make you an offer. You will shortly hear from them directly regarding the offer they wish to make you. '

youre in congrats :smile:
Original post by physicsmaths
Lol I new you were chatting it cause otherwise you would've wrote abit more and swore at that interviewer who apparently hated you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha he did :wink:
GOT AN OFFER FOR PHILOSOPHY FROM SIDNEY AAHHHH

I have cried so much today, I felt for sure I was rejected...It still doesn't feel real :smile:
Has anyone got a letter from Homerton? Post arrived, but no letter from them and I don't see any in this thread. Interesting...
Original post by L'Evil Fish
No I meant Cambridge dream is over!
It's a ****ing reality now :awesome:

Got in for Christ's

A*A*A in any of Further Maths Physics and Chemistry.

WELL DONE! Sneaky with your cambridge 'dream' being over though :wink:
Original post by jneill
Minerva previously reckoned that this wording means a pool offer (potentially except for medics).

Based on what? It doesn't look like that to me.
Original post by ItsWhiteHat
Has anyone got a letter from Homerton? Post arrived, but no letter from them and I don't see any in this thread. Interesting...

it's possible the whole college sent out their mail a bit late :P probably will come on Monday!

Latest

Trending

Trending