The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Daphinator
I clearly remember my college stating they send out emails on the 10th (on the forms they sent pre-interview) but I haven't received anything yet. (I'm international and post will take weeks) I'm scared that I should have requested an email or something and didn't know to... This is so annoying and nerve-wracking.

My friend got an email saying she'd find out yesterday but still no email. I would wait until the 12th and if you still haven't heard back, email them :smile:
Reply 3241
Original post by a123a
Does anyone have any statistics on how many people are pooled for medicine and how many get offers?
Cambridge has never published the stats for numbers pooled by subject or college, so we have never been able to work this one out.
Original post by HepThMathPhys
Someone in the UK did get a letter from Homerton. I'm an international applicant and still waiting for an e-mail from them.

Do they even send mails...
Original post by nanceheh
My friend got an email saying she'd find out yesterday but still no email. I would wait until the 12th and if you still haven't heard back, email them :smile:

aaaahhhh but that means more waiting when I thought it was all going to be over today... :frown: Oh well, nothing I can do about it I guess.
Original post by Minerva
Cambridge has never published the stats for numbers pooled by subject or college, so we have never been able to work this one out.

!!!!!
http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergraduate/apply/statistics/
Choose the identify winter pool option. (I think)
Original post by qwepoizxcmnb
Commiserations. It's their loss though. You still have Imperial though right (albeit with a nasty looking STEP offer :frown:) ?

Even though I was kind of expecting a rejection, reading how everyone here who had horrible interviews and got so many things wrong etc, got an offer in the end, gave me perhaps a little bit of hope but when I opened the letter it just made me very sad. I have Imperial yes, and I guess that's my firm now. I don't really plan on taking an entire year out and applying again because I wouldn't really want to do that, only to most likely be rejected again.
Original post by ItsWhiteHat
Has anyone got a letter from Homerton? Post arrived, but no letter from them and I don't see any in this thread. Interesting...

My friend got rejected from Homerton today by post. At least I think it was Homerton, he did an open application.
Has anyone got a letter from Homerton? Post arrived, but no letter from them and I don't see any in this thread. Interesting...

Yep HSPS offer :biggrin:
Original post by DutchieT
Do they even send mails...

I don't know; nobody has reported any yet. I sent them an e-mail 2 hours ago asking to be e-mailed and they haven't replied.
Original post by Daphinator
I clearly remember my college stating they send out emails on the 10th (on the forms they sent pre-interview) but I haven't received anything yet. (I'm international and post will take weeks) I'm scared that I should have requested an email or something and didn't know to... This is so annoying and nerve-wracking.

Which college? Some said they were sending today but it might take them until 5pm to get them sent... (notably Kings and Emma)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17XXeZLqSEcxl0RLE4ewJZGZPkmxHEuq4wrCfKnTxIYQ/
Still can't quite believe it... Just got an offer for Medicine at Magdalene College! Anyone else in the same boat? :smile:
Original post by HepThMathPhys
Physics, and I want to pursue purely mathematical/theoretical physics. I am an IB student.

(Noticed you like programming, I do too, in C++, x86 Assembly and Mathematica.)

Oh Nice :biggrin:. Programming is cool. I'm going for experimental physics. Theoretical gets a bit too away from the real world at times. :smile:
Original post by Everythingstupid
Yep HSPS offer :biggrin:

Aww... Do you know any Nat Scis that got a letter?
Newnham contacted me to let me know I got fished from the pool and have been made an offer from another college - haven't heard who yet, but yay! (guessing its a mature college as I'm a mature student).

Well done to everyone who has been made an offer, and commiserations to those who haven't. I wish you all the best whatever you end up doing!
Original post by Minerva

I've just used the graph thing they publish and I counted around 43 medical places given to winter pooled applicants. But as you've said I don't know how many medics have been placed into the pool.
Oh Nice :biggrin:. Programming is cool. I'm going for experimental physics. Theoretical gets a bit too away from the real world at times. :smile:

That's actually what I like about it :smile: I'm particularly passionate about applications of differential and algebraic geometry as well as representation theory in physics.
Aww... Do you know any Nat Scis that got a letter?

Nopeee

(wow you smart people :P) Physics is my favourite subject but I didn't apply for it at uni level because a) maths is not good enough to keep up with all the theory stuff b) omg IB HL physics is hard enough for me. But super interesting, loads of applications, and it makes sense! Hope you guys enjoy your uni studies :biggrin:
Original post by jneill
Which college? Some said they were sending today but it might take them until 5pm to get them sent... (notably Kings and Emma)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17XXeZLqSEcxl0RLE4ewJZGZPkmxHEuq4wrCfKnTxIYQ/

Murray Edwards, those the info on that spreadsheet is not what I read on their form... So now I'm very confused. I guess all I can do is wait until Monday and if I still don't get anything on Monday, send them an email.
Original post by stevesadler9
My daughter has received an offer.

in the post today?

Latest

Trending

Trending