The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stevesadler9
My daughter has received an offer.

Hi,
First of all congrats to your daughter!!!
I was just wondering did it arrive via email or post? Also what course ane are you international if I may ask?
Thanks and congrats again! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My son received a letter from Robinson this morning.
Original post by bored565
Well yeah I guess that's true, but I'm just seeing so many of the core posters getting offers. People like Fish, tomfailinghelp, elcor etc.

Oh dear, am I a 'core poster'?

That seems a rather depressing reflection of my life
Original post by Jasey
Pembroke :smile: well done on getting an offer! My friend got pooled & fished with no idea where he's going too, you'd think they'd tell you after making you wait so long!

I've visited Pembroke before for a Master Class, it's a a really nice College, well done to you to! I don't see why they couldn't have just added the name of the college onto my letter. Hopefully we both meet the offer now! :smile:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Haha I thought it was funny

You heard?

It's true lmao, my other interview was good though so:biggrin: tempted to ask for scores though

yeah, got an offer for med from downing :smile: No idea how, they like high BMATs and mine was so mediocre haha.

oh I am too! But I feel that would be too much to ask :s-smilie:
Original post by aprocrastinator
yeah, got an offer for med from downing :smile: No idea how, they like high BMATs and mine was so mediocre haha.

oh I am too! But I feel that would be too much to ask :s-smilie:

Omg well done :biggrin:

Woo we did it

If you didn't, Cambridge is a lottery imho
Do you get told if you were pooled but no one wanted your application?
Original post by a123a
I've just used the graph thing they publish and I counted around 43 medical places given to winter pooled applicants. But as you've said I don't know how many medics have been placed into the pool.

You thought about emailing them to find out what's going on? It's all just gossip at the moment.
Original post by Everythingstupid
Nopeee

Oh, Thanks :smile:

Original post by nanceheh
(wow you smart people :P) Physics is my favourite subject but I didn't apply for it at uni level because a) maths is not good enough to keep up with all the theory stuff b) omg IB HL physics is hard enough for me. But super interesting, loads of applications, and it makes sense! Hope you guys enjoy your uni studies :biggrin:

I see everyone being smart in their own way. Love learning stuff from friends that study Arts or other subjects :smile:. Thanks!

What did you apply for?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kolasinac138
Do you get told if you were pooled but no one wanted your application?

Yes :smile:
Original post by Frettingparent
My son received a letter from Robinson this morning.

D'oh! My son is waiting to hear from Robinson but no letter from any college in the post today.
Original post by aersh8
I don't know... I'm still waiting for my outcome but I'll only find on Monday by email since I'm overseas :frown:
Understandably you're a bit weary because St John's is definitely the most awesome college but to be fair all the colleges are great and you'll be awesome wherever you go

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll probably have to wait until Monday now to find out which college actually want me! All the best!
Original post by nanceheh
Yes :smile:

Oh wow, so I wasn't even good enough to get pooled.
Original post by Danil0u
I'll probably have to wait until Monday now to find out which college actually want me! All the best!

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paradoxicalme
You have a super 100% legit offer. Well done! :biggrin:

Yay! Thanks, well done to you too!
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Omg well done :biggrin:

Woo we did it

If you didn't, Cambridge is a lottery imho

I know!! :biggrin: pretty surprised at a few people I know though, they got rejected and I swear they were better than me!

In a sort, yes, but I wouldn't want to pass off people's achievements as quickly as that! Only to the extent when it gets close between two amazing candidates and it just happens to be one has something that an admissions tutor makes them favour over the other for example
Original post by The_Top_Hat
You thought about emailing them to find out what's going on? It's all just gossip at the moment.

Which bit is gossip?
Yep I emailed saying when will be notified if I have been offered a place/rejected.
Original post by MalaT
Congrats! :rolleyes:
They've sent you an e-mail?

aw thank you! No it was via the post :smile:
Original post by Kolasinac138
Oh wow, so I wasn't even good enough to get pooled.

Don't say that! You were good enough to get an interview, and that's amazing! They read your app and decided to give you a shot, and you were considered. I would say that's quite an achievement in itself :smile:
Reply 3279
Just to explain it again:

Everyone except the medics
If your letter says that you were pooled and that another college expressed interest in you, there were two possibilities

another college agreed to make you a direct offer

another college decided to invite you for re-interview

Colleges inviting people back for interview had to have contacted you by the end of 8th January, as the interview period begins today. It is possible if highly unlikely that an interview invitation went astray (check those spam folders, for a start) but I would have expected colleges to have followed up anyone they hadn't heard back from during yesterday. Numbers of people being called back for interview are very small, relative to the total numbers of applicants.

Therefore, if you have not been called back for interview, the position is that you should hear over the next few days (but not tomorrow) from your new college with details of the offer they are making you.

Some colleges have clearly put together a 'one size fits all' letter (hence the roller coaster numbers people have mentioned) and others have been more imaginative and written different letters for different circumstances. You can reasonably suppose that all these letters have been checked extremely carefully to avoid any embarassing or distressing mistakes. So, where a college says "another college will be making you an offer" that is what they mean :smile:

Medics
If your letter specifically states that another college is making you an offer, you have an offer.

If you have received the "your application is still under consideration" version, it is reasonable to assume that you are in the Pool for an open offer. The problem here was that it was not possible to complete this bit of the process, which only applies to Med/Vet Med, in time for the general mail-out, so there is a small number of applicants (apart from the re-interviewees, also small numbers) for whom a decision is pending.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending