The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Phew. It's slowly sinking in I could actually, really be going to Cambridge next year... :smile:

And congrats to everyone here, offers or not.
I live in London and still haven't gotten my letter from Queens', did people who applied to queens' get an email or a letter ?
Briefly skimming the thread, it looks like there were many good outcomes today. Congratulations all! You're in for a fantastic next 3 (or more) years.
Original post by JaySP
Offer from Sydney Sussex to study Architecture. Oh my ****.

Wowwww congrats!
You are the first architecture student to post an offer!
Original post by ViviAinger
I live in London and still haven't gotten my letter from Queens', did people who applied to queens' get an email or a letter ?

Everyone gets a letter and most people also get an email. You might get your letter on Monday if it doesn't come today :smile:
Original post by nanceheh
Don't say that! You were good enough to get an interview, and that's amazing! They read your app and decided to give you a shot, and you were considered. I would say that's quite an achievement in itself :smile:

Not at all, how can I take any comfort in the fact that they forced me to spend hundreds of pounds on travel and preparation and got my hopes up only to do this:

I essentially spent 5 years in an independent school so that I could get a place :biggrin:
Original post by CheIIe
Wowwww congrats!
You are the first architecture student to post an offer!

Omg! Architecture offer! Iam still waiting and going crazy. Probably I will have to wait until next week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ClickItBack
Briefly skimming the thread, it looks like there were many good outcomes today. Congratulations all! You're in for a fantastic next 3 (or more) years.

Why does everyone seem to get carried away that they have got in and are going to be studying there when there are hard offers to meet?For Maths only 44% of offer holders get a place in Cambridge so despite an offer I am still probably not going to Cambridge.For most other subjects the success rates are very good but still quite a reasonable proportion don't get in.
Original post by ClickItBack

6 years hehehehe
Original post by DomStaff
Go out and get drunk tonight. Benefits:
1) you won't remember Cambridge this evening
2) you will be too hungover to care tomorrow
3) you'll get home from school with your decision on Monday.

Ahaha I am 18 and I am definitely doing this :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aprocrastinator
I know!! :biggrin: pretty surprised at a few people I know though, they got rejected and I swear they were better than me!

In a sort, yes, but I wouldn't want to pass off people's achievements as quickly as that! Only to the extent when it gets close between two amazing candidates and it just happens to be one has something that an admissions tutor makes them favour over the other for example

Yeah I agree.

Indeed, when it gets close its just luck of the draw
Original post by Kolasinac138
Not at all, how can I take any comfort in the fact that they forced me to spend hundreds of pounds on travel and preparation and got my hopes up only to do this:

I essentially spent 5 years in an independent school so that I could get a place :biggrin:

Aaaah D: I didn't know that! Well my sister went to cam, and she said a lot of her friends who did well were rejected first and reapplied, taking a gap year. If you really want to get in you could always try again next year! Just do well in your finals.
(True about the spending $$$ to get to UK part though... although it worked out for me the plane price was decent and I stayed there for a while as my holiday :3)
Original post by Dalek1099
Why does everyone seem to get carried away that they have got in and are going to be studying there when there are hard offers to meet?For Maths only 44% of offer holders get a place in Cambridge so despite an offer I am still probably not going to Cambridge.For most other subjects the success rates are very good but still quite a reasonable proportion don't get in.

No need to be so negative!
Because getting an offer is a big deal! Everyone should get carried away if they got an offer! Even if you don't meet it, like if the offer is unrealistically high or something. But getting an offer is great because it means one of the best universities in the world thinks you're good enough to go there.

Yeah I totally get that for mathmos, I did maths myself and it's so painful to be like 'yeeeeesss oh **** I can't properly celebrate for 8 more months'. For other subjects I think it's pretty rare to miss the offers though.

Anyway, here you go: contingent on making your grades, you're in for a fantastic few years :wink:.

We better start revising then eh,

Posted from TSR Mobile
For anyone who hasn't got a letter yet: mine was an acceptance and it was a thin envelope.
Original post by ianna.andreea
Omg! Architecture offer! Iam still waiting and going crazy. Probably I will have to wait until next week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My email won't come until Monday. Which college did you apply? :smile:
Reply 3297
Original post by nanceheh
!!!!!
http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergraduate/apply/statistics/
Choose the identify winter pool option. (I think)
The Pool briefing sheet linked in the OP, gives you

Overall number of pooled applicants

Overall number of reinterviewed pooled applicants, and numbers of offers made

Overall number of direct offers made through Pool

The link you've picked up there does show you how many of a college's applicants picked up an offer from another college through the Pool, but it doesn't show you how many applicants got pooled in the first place. Interestingly, they used to publish this information but only at college level, so if you wanted to know how many economists across the university had been pooled you would have had to go through each college individually to add up the numbers.

So, the answer to the question 'how many medics get pooled' is "we don't have the data". :smile:
Dalek

Maths is step

All other subjects are easy enough

Like I just need to get it in FM, and then physics is easy, chem so far it doesn't seem difficult

So for me the offer was basically an in I feel... Although that might change soon lol
Original post by Minerva
The Pool briefing sheet linked in the OP, gives you

Overall number of pooled applicants

Overall number of reinterviewed pooled applicants, and numbers of offers made

Overall number of direct offers made through Pool

The link you've picked up there does show you how many of a college's applicants picked up an offer from another college through the Pool, but it doesn't show you how many applicants got pooled in the first place. Interestingly, they used to publish this information but only at college level, so if you wanted to know how many economists across the university had been pooled you would have had to go through each college individually to add up the numbers.

So, the answer to the question 'how many medics get pooled' is "we don't have the data". :smile:

Minerva, do you have any information on Homerton? Do they e-mail today?

Latest

Trending

Trending