The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Yeah I agree.

Indeed, when it gets close its just luck of the draw

exactly! plus competition differs every year anyway

wow i really can't believe it! this has to be one of the best days of my life! 0.0
Original post by ianna.andreea
Omg! Architecture offer! Iam still waiting and going crazy. Probably I will have to wait until next week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wait you already told me!
Sos for that! :smile:
SOOOOO anxious & mixed feelings!
Reply 3302
Original post by Danil0u
I've visited Pembroke before for a Master Class, it's a a really nice College, well done to you to! I don't see why they couldn't have just added the name of the college onto my letter. Hopefully we both meet the offer now! :smile:

Thanks! Yeah i'm scared about not meeting the offer now haha, but at least my entire focus will be on A-levels so hopefully I'll meet it anyway
Original post by Fawkesgirl33
For anyone who hasn't got a letter yet: mine was an acceptance and it was a thin envelope.

Yh same. Small and thin.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by a123a
Which bit is gossip?
Yep I emailed saying when will be notified if I have been offered a place/rejected.

About being in the possible open offer group. We don't know it for sure yet.
Reply 3305
Original post by a123a
I've just used the graph thing they publish and I counted around 43 medical places given to winter pooled applicants. But as you've said I don't know how many medics have been placed into the pool.
Yes - and when I said 'never published' what I meant was 'not in recent years' - see my earlier post in response to nanceheh.
Original post by nanceheh
Aaaah D: I didn't know that! Well my sister went to cam, and she said a lot of her friends who did well were rejected first and reapplied, taking a gap year. If you really want to get in you could always try again next year! Just do well in your finals.
(True about the spending $$$ to get to UK part though... although it worked out for me the plane price was decent and I stayed there for a while as my holiday :3)

Can you apply while studying in another uni? So that if you get rejected you just carry on in your current uni?
Original post by ShellySpielberg
Hi,
First of all congrats to your daughter!!!
I was just wondering did it arrive via email or post? Also what course ane are you international if I may ask?
Thanks and congrats again! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

In the post, in the UK.
Original post by paradoxicalme
High five! I'm in for English at Emmanuel :biggrin:

Aw that's great! Well done!:biggrin:
Original post by CheIIe
My email won't come until Monday. Which college did you apply? :smile:

Churchill. And my college isn't emailing. I'm from Europe, so I won't see the letter any sooner than Tuesday. How are you holding on? Because I'm totally getting nuts with all the people getting offers. One second I get hope and the other I remember all the mistakes and I'm like, 'crap'.
Original post by ViviAinger
I live in London and still haven't gotten my letter from Queens', did people who applied to queens' get an email or a letter ?

I live in London and applied to queens too- got a letter at 11 but some of my friends live in London and haven't heard back from other colleges!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3311
Original post by CheIIe
Wowwww congrats!
You are the first architecture student to post an offer!

Thank you! We are a rare breed :cool:
Original post by Minerva
The Pool briefing sheet linked in the OP, gives you

Overall number of pooled applicants

Overall number of reinterviewed pooled applicants, and numbers of offers made

Overall number of direct offers made through Pool

The link you've picked up there does show you how many of a college's applicants picked up an offer from another college through the Pool, but it doesn't show you how many applicants got pooled in the first place. Interestingly, they used to publish this information but only at college level, so if you wanted to know how many economists across the university had been pooled you would have had to go through each college individually to add up the numbers.

So, the answer to the question 'how many medics get pooled' is "we don't have the data". :smile:

You can see how many applicants were pooled and accepted through pool. But only if you select College + Subject I believe.
Offers through winter pool; pool offers by other colleges.
Original post by JaySP
Thank you! We are a rare breed :cool:

What college did you apply to?
I got an offer for Maths at Corpus Christi! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CheIIe
Oh wait you already told me!
Sos for that! :smile:
SOOOOO anxious & mixed feelings!

Haha, yes. I think I'll just disconnect everything and live in a cave until my letter arrives.
Original post by Kolasinac138
Can you apply while studying in another uni? So that if you get rejected you just carry on in your current uni?

I believe you can, but I think you should also do other stuff like teaching or volunteering or working so that you have more things to talk about that separates you from other people and so you're application isn't the same.
has anyone heard from trinity hall yet though it says we will receive an email on 12/1?
Reply 3318
Original post by ianna.andreea
What college did you apply to?

Sidney Sussex!
Original post by vivthehyper
has anyone heard from trinity hall yet though it says we will receive an email on 12/1?

2 people in my school got letters from them today :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending