The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I can't help feel bummed

Like a best friend didn't get in
Original post by JaySP
Sidney Sussex!

I actually read that the page before, whoops. Congratulations (especially happy for you because you're a fellow architecture lol)
Reply 3322
Original post by HepThMathPhys
Minerva, do you have any information on Homerton? Do they e-mail today?
I've no idea - check the link in the OP for jneill's document - there may be some information there.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I can't help feel bummed

Same the other two people in my school who applied didn't get in but I feel like because we are the only 3 who do further maths that it's sad they didn't get in too :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nanceheh
You can see how many applicants were pooled and accepted through pool. But only if you select College + Subject I believe.
Offers through winter pool; pool offers by other colleges.

No because it doesn't show how many applicants were put into the pool (pooled) - it just shows how many were offered from the pool (fished).
I can't help feel bummed

yh my best mate from school didnt get in. im feeling really sad for him

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an offer from Robinson for natsci! Only AAAA (maths, further maths, chemistry and biology) which seems very low to me, but I'm not complaining :smile:

Anyone else from Robinson with a similar offer?
Original post by The_Top_Hat
About being in the possible open offer group. We don't know it for sure yet.

My letter said I have been pooled so I don't think I'm in the open offer group.
Original post by NinjaPandaa
2 people in my school got letters from them today :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, i am an international students, so I wont be receiving the letters before the email I guess :frown:
Original post by HepThMathPhys
Minerva, do you have any information on Homerton? Do they e-mail today?

Original post by Minerva
I've no idea - check the link in the OP for jneill's document - there may be some information there.

No - I don't have any confirmed info for Homerton
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17XXeZLqSEcxl0RLE4ewJZGZPkmxHEuq4wrCfKnTxIYQ/
Same the other two people in my school who applied didn't get in but I feel like because we are the only 3 who do further maths that it's sad they didn't get in too :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:frown::frown::frown:

I wanted her to get in so badly, as much as me.

So that's

Uni: Applied: Interviewed: Offers
Oxford:7:4:3
Cambridge:7:7:2
Reply 3331
Original post by nanceheh
You can see how many applicants were pooled and accepted through pool. But only if you select College + Subject I believe.
Offers through winter pool; pool offers by other colleges.
Yes, but not how many people were put in the pool in the first place. So, to take an example, I know of at least two TSR users who were pooled unsuccessfully by college A for course B in 2008 - they don't show up in those numbers - they only appear in the total number of applicants column.
Original post by jneill
No because it doesn't show how many applicants were put into the pool (pooled) - it just shows how many were offered from the pool (fished).

OH I finally understand what you mean ahaha silly me! Sorry! Was very confused. Good point!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kolasinac138
Can you apply while studying in another uni? So that if you get rejected you just carry on in your current uni?

Cambridge do not encourage this. At the very least you'd need to get your other uni to agree to it. I remember some discussion about it on the Christ's Admissions Tutor thread.
:frown::frown::frown:

I wanted her to get in so badly, as much as me.

So that's

Uni: Applied: Interviewed: Offers
Oxford:7:4:3
Cambridge:7:7:2

5/14 isn't bad

We've had:

Oxf: 5(+1 in year above):3(1):3(1)
Camb: 3(+2):3(2):1(?)

So we've got min 5 max 7 which is good considering there are only 50 people in the year
I feel bad for the ones rejected because everyone in school will obvs find out :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My daughter applied for philosophy but unfortunalty receievd a rejection letter today, she is predicted 42 points in the IB, there are no words to descride the pain she is feeling at this moment but she will get through this with our support and go on to do great things, congratulations to everyone who did received offers and to the ones that didn't there is life be on cambridge and it may not seem like that now but I know many students who have gone to other universities and have done very well, so never give up, you will get there it's just a different route your taking
Reply 3336
does anyone know when the pool closes?
Original post by Koeni
does anyone know when the pool closes?

http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/offices/admissions/handbook/section1/1_2.html It closed in the 6th
5/14 isn't bad

We've had:

Oxf: 5(+1 in year above):3(1):3(1)
Camb: 3(+2):3(2):1(?)

So we've got min 5 max 7 which is good considering there are only 50 people in the year
I feel bad for the ones rejected because everyone in school will obvs find out :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm just so sad for her damn it
Reply 3339
Original post by abigai11
Pooled and asked for another interview. What are my chnaces like at this stage??

I think I read somewhere that 50% of the people who are pooled receive an offer so good luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending