The Student Room Group

I'm so lonely here already, will someone please speak to me!

Scroll to see replies

http://lizardpoint.com/

loads of fun activities
Original post by Muttley79
Hello - is there a society you could join?

Hi! I've made my College's 'K team' for football, but we don't have that many games as were not as high up as those in the A/B teams. I might see about joining some of the other societies, I just worry that I might not have time to give them my full commitment!
Original post by DailyMailIsALiar
We have a JCR with a table tennis table and a jenga set, I'll head down there tonight to see if anyone is down there! I haven't been down there much before, so i'll take a look! Thank you for the idea. :smile:

Sweet! Sounds good, it will be full of people wanting a break from revision!
Hi! I'm studying Law at Uni. :smile:

How're you finding the course so far? :h:

Are there coursemates you could meet up with, if the other people in your flat are busy?
Hi! At the moment I've been getting ahead on some of my reading, I feel happier when I get on top of it as theres so much of it! I plan to go out for a walk around the city to get some fresh air/thinking time in about an hour and i'll visit the JCR a bit later. :smile:
So you're a keen reader then, I was engrossed in a book lately & might go back to library later to read it but for now I'm watching some football aha :tongue: I don't wanna waste my day off in the house but it's hard when you don't know many people to hang out with. At Uni I hardly knew anyone & my position isn't much better now so I know how suckish being loneliness is. If you put yourself out there enough (be confident) & then eventually people will start taking notice of you, it's good that you're are planning to be proactive. What sort of stuff do you like doing? :smile: Also good luck, hope all goes well! :h:
Original post by Reluire
I felt lonely during my first term too, particularly at the beginning. The important thing is just trying to be social wherever you can, even if it's with people who aren't exactly your cup of tea. And you can always come on TSR too obviously. :smile: Are you in your first year too? I think it's all about adjustment and getting used to a different way of life. Unfortunately getting comfortable in a new environment doesn't happen overnight for most people.

I'm in my first year too. I'm hoping that the looniness I felt in my first term was just because of the big changes from my school environment. At school everyone knew me, here I am new to everyone so it was quite hard! I've set myself a challenge this term to think as positively as possible about everything and to avoid Facebook, as seeing all of my school friends who live in flats with closer uni friends having a great time depressed me last term. :smile: . I'll definitely come onto TSR too, I've always enjoyed the company here!
Original post by shadowdweller
How're you finding the course so far? :h:

Are there coursemates you could meet up with, if the other people in your flat are busy?

I'm really enjoying the course so far! The lecturers are amazing and make the subject really interesting and the reading us also very enjoyable too! The only thing about the course which I'm still coming to grips with is the pressure, there is so much more reading than I ever had to do at A' Level and we have an essay a week too, but I'm getting used to it gradually! :smile:

I have made some good friends with the people I sit with in lectures, but they don't live with me and I don't have their phone number at the moment to contact them.
Original post by Multitalented me
So you're a keen reader then, I was engrossed in a book lately & might go back to library later to read it but for now I'm watching some football aha :tongue: I don't wanna waste my day off in the house but it's hard when you don't know many people to hang out with. At Uni I hardly knew anyone & my position isn't much better now so I know how suckish being loneliness is. If you put yourself out there enough (be confident) & then eventually people will start taking notice of you, it's good that you're are planning to be proactive. What sort of stuff do you like doing? :smile: Also good luck, hope all goes well! :h:

Thank you! I'm really enjoying reading for my course, especially now that I'm becoming a faster reader! I know the feeling, sometimes I'm reading something at 11pm and I just feel that I have to finish it there and then! I enjoy playing football on a casual level, I got into one of the teams which I was happy about!
Original post by the bear
http://lizardpoint.com/

loads of fun activities

Thank you! :smile:
Thank you! I'm really enjoying reading for my course, especially now that I'm becoming a faster reader! I know the feeling, sometimes I'm reading something at 11pm and I just feel that I have to finish it there and then! I enjoy playing football on a casual level, I got into one of the teams which I was happy about!
Well at least you enjoy your course, what do you study by the way? :smile: What sort of books do you like reading, just textbooks aha? :tongue: & that's good, it helps keep you fit but also it's very enjoyable :banana: Do you support a team or anything, & well done! :smile:
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
Heya

Bandicoooooooot!! Its been so long. How ya doing? Don't mind me
:hi:
I'm really enjoying the course so far! The lecturers are amazing and make the subject really interesting and the reading us also very enjoyable too! The only thing about the course which I'm still coming to grips with is the pressure, there is so much more reading than I ever had to do at A' Level and we have an essay a week too, but I'm getting used to it gradually! :smile:

I have made some good friends with the people I sit with in lectures, but they don't live with me and I don't have their phone number at the moment to contact them.

It's great that you're enjoying the course so much! Uni is quite a change from A level, but sounds like you're settling into it well :h:

Ah, that's fair enough - have you joined any societies or sports? That's always a good way to meet new people :smile:
haha don't worry I'm sure you'll be fine. I'm studying my A-levels at school so got one year left till I go uni. Just try and keep yourself busy like rading books or taking up a hobby like art. hope your degree goes well for you :smile:
Hi! :smile:

What you studying? :h:
Original post by Ekemini
Bandicoooooooot!! Its been so long. How ya doing? Don't mind me

Am okay, slight things on my mind, yourself?
Hi! I'm studying Law at Uni. :smile:

Hello! Are you enjoying your course? :h:
Am okay, slight things on my mind, yourself?

Things on your mind? Is it school? Trying to fine tune my personal statement. It is giving me stress
Original post by Ekemini
Things on your mind? Is it school? Trying to fine tune my personal statement. It is giving me stress

School? Aw I feel like an old man now :wink:

I have 5 things on my mind any given day. I tend to make threads about them.

Need any protips re: PS?
School? Aw I feel like an old man now :wink:

I have 5 things on my mind any given day. I tend to make threads about them.

Need any protips re: PS?

Your username sounds so familiar, it reminds me of a game which was about when I was 4 or 5 but I can't quite remember what it was!

Quick Reply