Woooooooooo

Cakes... Idk
Original post by O133
Cambridge said yes!!!

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Thanks a lot :biggrin:

Congratulations both of you! :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was just wondering how many of you are able to and will be voting in the next general election? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachelc142
Was just wondering how many of you are able to and will be voting in the next general election? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

When do you have to be 18 by? I don't know anything about politics anyway:lol:.
Damn that's super late! I have a friend born on the 31st August too and he hates it :frown:

I always think voting is super important, especially to me as women died for my vote, so I am really excited :smile: green party have my vote this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Red Fox
When do you have to be 18 by? I don't know anything about politics anyway:lol:.

It's at the start of May :smile: neither did I until about a year ago and now it's something I'm really passionate about, my mum works in the nhs so decisions made in parliament have really affected us recently. you should watch question time :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes and yes.
It's at the start of May :smile: neither did I until about a year ago and now it's something I'm really passionate about, my mum works in the nhs so decisions made in parliament have really affected us recently. you should watch question time :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh, I'm too young then. My sister watches question time a lot and it is pretty interesting but the only time I've gone out of my way to watch it was when Joey Barton was on it.
That he's bottled it hahaha
He's only sayin it to avoid debates. Have absolutely no respect for him at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Red Fox
Ahh, I'm too young then. My sister watches question time a lot and it is pretty interesting but the only time I've gone out of my way to watch it was when Joey Barton was on it.

He was an idiot. I felt sorry for him a bit because he looked out of his depth.
Best one I watched was Nigel Farage v Russell Brand.

Posted from TSR Mobile
He was an idiot. I felt sorry for him a bit because he looked out of his depth.
Best one I watched was Nigel Farage v Russell Brand.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He was getting picked on a bit tbf to him, he is a reasonably intelligent guy for such a ****.

Ahhh I was actually going to watch that one but I forgot.
Original post by Red Fox
He was getting picked on a bit tbf to him, he is a reasonably intelligent guy for such a ****.

Ahhh I was actually going to watch that one but I forgot.

Oh yeah I agree, that annoyed me, imo he's got as much reason to be there as somebody that's Sun columnist

Damn, probs on YouTube, if you cba to watch the whole hour there will probs be highlights somewhere :tongue: hopefully in the form of an mlg video

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I get that tbf, I used to be a labour supporter but they're so centre right now it hurts. Am very anti right wing, by that obviously I don't mean voters cos I know we all have different opinions but I dislike the principals of right wing politics
I think greens can successfully steal labour votes. I really enjoyed their manifesto. Think its one of the best I ever read. I'm against UKIP for a multitude of reasons but when you read their manifesto it appears they rely on pulling money out of thin air; a manifesto should be extremely clear cut and honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh yeah I agree, that annoyed me, imo he's got as much reason to be there as somebody that's Sun columnist

Damn, probs on YouTube, if you cba to watch the whole hour there will probs be highlights somewhere :tongue: hopefully in the form of an mlg video

Posted from TSR Mobile

MLG videos have to be the greatest thing on the internet:lol:
Original post by Red Fox
MLG videos have to be the greatest thing on the internet:lol:

They are so good hahahah my faves are the lotr one about legolas bein a noob and the Stephen hawking one

Posted from TSR Mobile
They are so good hahahah my faves are the lotr one about legolas bein a noob and the Stephen hawking one

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd probably go with the teletubbies one because it was the first one I saw.
Various things, mostly the privatisation/cutting funds of the NHS, to not capping bankers bonuses, to lowering pensions of teachers firefighters etc - I guess that seems to be mainly the economical reasons. I think to try and summarise, I hate how grossly unfair it is that the people at the top have so much money and the people at the bottom don't :frown: aside from this I am very pro immigration.
How about you, what principles do you disagree/agree with :smile:

Yes I suppose that is true, they do indeed promise a lot but I for one am very willing to give them a chance.
Oh haven't heard about that! Will give it a google.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I won't be able to vote this year, which sucks as a Politics student... studying Politics for the next 4 years...

Congrats to all successful Oxbridge candidates by the way.
Various things, mostly the privatisation/cutting funds of the NHS, to not capping bankers bonuses, to lowering pensions of teachers firefighters etc - I guess that seems to be mainly the economical reasons. I think to try and summarise, I hate how grossly unfair it is that the people at the top have so much money and the people at the bottom don't :frown: aside from this I am very pro immigration.
How about you, what principles do you disagree/agree with :smile:

Yes I suppose that is true, they do indeed promise a lot but I for one am very willing to give them a chance.
Oh haven't heard about that! Will give it a google.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is that going to achieve though? The effect of bankers' bonuses isn"t that severe on the economy as a whole.

In fact, I'd argue that capping them would be counterintuitive because banks - unlike most companies - give a fairly large proportion of revenue as compensation. Capping bonuses would just keep that revenue within the corporation - i.e. not as much tax would be paid. You know how sneaky corporations are with their tax commitments anyway..

TL;DR Capping someone's compensation from a private company =/= more money for public service employees.

Latest