The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mco10
what is the application process for UBS please? is it just a numerical and verbal test?

SHL Numerical and Logical.
Original post by toddyvedda
HEY

Apologies for the newbie post so late in this thread, but I couldn't find much of an answer to the question by searching through some of the previous pages. I'm currently doing Engineering at Oxford, and in my second year (of four), so I'm in the year for applying for these courses.

Unfortunately, I've only recently become interested in going into investment banking, and as a result, have missed all of the deadlines for the internships. As somebody who has no financial work experience at all (just stuff at civil engineering firms lol) or any accolades/achievements from any financial societies, I was wondering if anyone could give me an estimation of my chances of getting a summer internship next year, and what would be the best course of action to improve these chances.

Sorry to anyone who feels this is spamming up the thread, and good luck to everyone with their interview results!

Engineering at Oxford does quite alot on your CV.
Original post by marinolo
Sadly got an MS rejection after First round Interview

Is this the standard HR Kind of rejection or is there any real hope for future oportunities left? :biggrin:

Thankyou for applying for the position of 2015 EMEA Spring Insight Programme -(3034949) and participating in our interview process. We sincerelyappreciate your interest in the Firm.

Given the highly competitive nature of the recruiting process for this program,we are often faced with difficult decisions when selecting candidates. While the group enjoyed speaking with you, we unfortunately will not be movingyou forward in the process. We will, however, continue to keep you inmind for future opportunities should they become available.

Thank you again for your time and interest in Morgan Stanley. We wish you thebest in your future endeavors.

Warm regards,
Morgan Stanley Campus Recruiting

How many days after interview did you get this?
Guys my RBS numerical and logical results got lost in translation - I've got an indicator that I believe shows my result. The 5th one from the right (out of 20) boxes is highlighted for both tests - do any of you know if this is bottom or top 25%?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The-Illusionist
Guys my RBS numerical and logical results got lost in translation - I've got an indicator that I believe shows my result. The 5th one from the right (out of 20) boxes is highlighted for both tests - do any of you know if this is bottom or top 25%?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Top. Good luck. They are currently reviewing the first round of people who have passed the tel. interview.
Original post by JackR7821
Top. Good luck. They are currently reviewing the first round of people who have passed the tel. interview.

Thanks mate - good luck to you too!
Do you know what the benchmark is for RBS online tests?
And have you had a first round interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Benchmark is 40ish for Numerical and 50ish for Logical - as a rough guide.
(edited 9 years ago)
Anyone know the dates for Barclays FO SW?
How are people preparing for Barclays interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I have done the phone interview, I am just waiting for them to do their benchmarking business and give me an offer (or not!). I don't know about the tests, but you'll be fine with that score... it's just about how many spots they have left when they get round to your lot. Hopefully you get in in time for a phone interview, and then good luck from there on. There's a chance you may get an email about having 'reached the benchmark to get a phone interview' and that they remain 'extremely interested' in your application. I guess it is a matter of waiting, annoyingly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

75% are absolutely OUTSTANDING as those talen q tests are basically a rape. What did you get in the other test?
75% is an EASY benchmark pass!
Original post by President M.E.
Anyone know the dates for Barclays FO SW?

iirc from last years thread it was the week that most ibs have their sw, you have that one free bro?
[QUOTE="ProjectNr2;52816715"]75% are absolutely OUTSTANDING as those talen q tests are basically a rape. What did you get in the other test?
75% is an EASY benchmark pass![/QUOTE

I got top 1 % in both numerical and logical and still havnt recieved an interview.. Quite frustrating

I got top 1 % in both numerical and logical and still havnt recieved an interview.. Quite frustrating

Wow, how´d you manage to do that?
I have no idea about RBS, i finished both tests on 11th dec (im fairly sure i passed the benchmarks) and havent heard back. When did you do the tests?
Original post by ProjectNr2
Wow, how´d you manage to do that?
I have no idea about RBS, i finished both tests on 11th dec (im fairly sure i passed the benchmarks) and havent heard back. When did you do the tests?

I practised quite alot before the tests tbh. The logical part was actually no problem, usually get high results on similar tests, but the numerical was a bit trickier, so had to practice a bit before it.

I did the tests early december. Have recieven a mail like 15000 times saying i passed the test and they are extremely interested in my application bla bla bla. Still havnt heard anything since then though. Hopefully I'll get an answer soon.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mralpha
I did them early december. Have recieven a mail like 15000 times saying i passed the test and they are extremely interested in my application bla bla bla. Still havnt heard anything since then though. Hopefully I'll get an answer soon.

i hope they are atleast not as idiotic as RBC which need a month to send an automatic generated e-mail that you passed the first test and have to take a 2nd one :rolleyes:
Original post by ProjectNr2
i hope they are atleast not as idiotic as RBC which need a month to send an automatic generated e-mail that you passed the first test and have to take a 2nd one :rolleyes:

Yeah lol that was quite frustrating. Everyting for one day..
Original post by Mralpha
Yeah lol that was quite frustrating. Everyting for one day..

did you get any response until today?
Original post by Drossell
How are people preparing for Barclays interview?

i guess normal comp qs and then any recent barc news if there is any? barc has had the libor fixing and lost a 1/3rd of their ib revenue in the last academic year, idk what to say lol :tongue:
Do you know if phone interviews are registered? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending