The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Rodgers being injured makes the game a lot more predictable. I'd otherwise bet very high on the packers at lambeau if he was 100 percent.

I expect the Patriots to handle the ravens. I have a really bad feeling though Gronkowski is gonna end up injured however.
Original post by Malevolent
Rodgers being injured makes the game a lot more predictable. I'd otherwise bet very high on the packers at lambeau if he was 100 percent.

I expect the Patriots to handle the ravens. I have a really bad feeling though Gronkowski is gonna end up injured however.

Aaron Rodgers playing or not with his injury?

Either way it's good news for cowboys fans.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just bought a now TV box with two one day sky sports passes for £15 from Tesco.

Winning.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Motorbiker
Aaron Rodgers playing or not with his injury?

Either way it's good news for cowboys fans.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's playing but he's got an Achilles injury which will limit his movement. Rodgers is a brilliant pocket passer but he's also a very deceptively good passer when he's on the move.
No way Rodgers doesn't start. The Ravens were dominant running the ball with a completely cobbled together OL vs the Steelers, that's impressive. The keys for the game are pressing Gronk with good technique and putting pressure on Brady. If they come up with a good defensive plan that allows them to do that, I have them just barely as favourites. If not then the Pats should win.
He's playing but he's got an Achilles injury which will limit his movement. Rodgers is a brilliant pocket passer but he's also a very deceptively good passer when he's on the move.

Calf not achilles I think.
Original post by SmashConcept
No way Rodgers doesn't start. The Ravens were dominant running the ball with a completely cobbled together OL vs the Steelers, that's impressive. The keys for the game are pressing Gronk with good technique and putting pressure on Brady. If they come up with a good defensive plan that allows them to do that, I have them just barely as favourites. If not then the Pats should win.

sorry but the Ravens are not favourites. Patriots are favourite its at Gillette, Ravens scraped the barrel against NFC South. I don't buy the whole Ravens are big challenges. Denver are scarier then the Ravens.

You mention slowing the Patriots offence but the Ravens offence is even more anaemic than the Pats.

Bringing up last times playoff game is pointless as well.
I'm not sure if you read my post accurately.
The Ravens most certainly were not dominant running at the steelers. They ran for pretty much the same yardage IIRC. Patriots are just as good run stuffers. The difference is they have a secondary which is so much better than the Steelers. Revis, Browner McCourty would all start for either of those two teams.

I think the NFC north is overrated anyway.

Packers vs Cowboys is where its at. Thats gonna be a real good game. Panthers are gonna get bitched by the Seahawks.

Denver are probably gonna steamroll the Colts too.

Go Rodgers.
Given my terrible picks last week, I'll have another stab today.

I'm taking Pats, Packers, Hawks and Broncos. How very predictable.
Original post by Wattsy
Given my terrible picks last week, I'll have another stab today.

I'm taking Pats, Packers, Hawks and Broncos. How very predictable.

Usually there's one upset every time but I'm having a hard time trying to see where it would be.

Packers vs Cowboys is the one most in the air but really it wouldn't be that big of an upset if the Cowboys were to win away compared to say the Colts, Ravens or Panthers.
Usually there's one upset every time but I'm having a hard time trying to see where it would be.

Packers vs Cowboys is the one most in the air but really it wouldn't be that big of an upset if the Cowboys were to win away compared to say the Colts, Ravens or Panthers.

I just can't comprehend a Panther win, I watched them, they weren't very good and the Hawks are coming in hot. I didn't watch the Ravens last week so I can't comment there, The Colts didn't win, the Bengals lost. The Cowboys also got through with some sub-standard refereeing. I also can't find the upset. I'm intrigued to see if there is one though, that would be nice, especially if it's the Panthers at the CLink. For me the most painful upset would be the Cowboys, I hold them in absolute contempt against nearly every other team in the league.
As a side note. We're totally reaching 10k posts. Threads are limited to 10k and then a second thread is started.

Anyone got a good idea for a name?

TSR American Football Society 2

Or something is my suggestion
Original post by TheLittlestElf
The Ravens most certainly were not dominant running at the steelers. They ran for pretty much the same yardage IIRC. Patriots are just as good run stuffers. The difference is they have a secondary which is so much better than the Steelers. Revis, Browner McCourty would all start for either of those two teams.

Sorry you're right, I was getting confused about some stuff. I should have said the OL in general had a pretty good game, all things considered. It seemed as though the running game was more effective than it was because they were driving for so long, which was mostly thanks to the passing game.
Original post by Wattsy
The Cowboys also got through with some sub-standard refereeing.

I don't really get this. I assume you are talking about the PI non-call, but that was bad mechanics (announcing the penalty before confirming with the other officials) rather than an actual bad call. They definitely rode their luck though, since that play would have been either a completion or PI if it weren't such a horrible pass, and the following play resulted in a massive swing caused by both bad game planning and execution.

Also I will officially care about the Falcons if they get Rex and Trestman.
(edited 9 years ago)
I don't really get this. I assume you are talking about the PI non-call, but that was bad mechanics (announcing the penalty before confirming with the other officials) rather than an actual bad call. They definitely rode their luck though, since that play would have been either a completion or PI if it weren't such a horrible pass, and the following play resulted in a massive swing caused by both bad game planning and execution.

I assure you it was an actual bad call. Even Obama said so (as did Mike Pereira). Like one of the worst calls we've seen all season. You can argue that there are variables and this that and the other happened but if I'm a Detriot Lions fan, (I'm not) I'd be enraged by the call. Yes the Lions had other chances to win, but they had one chance unfairly snatched away from them.
Predicted winners this weekend - Patriots, Broncos, Seahawks, Packers.
Original post by Wattsy
I assure you it was an actual bad call. Even Obama said so

:rofl: jesus christ

It was at worst a MARGINAL call with bad mechanics that looked worse because of the defender's head position (which NFL refs do not consider - how many times have you seen PI thrown when the defender DID get his head around but there was egregious contact). We've been over this a few pages back. Are you seriously giving credence to something a politician said to a room full of Lions fans lmao. BTW Periera is kind of hit and miss. He is a genuine expert but part of his job as a Fox guy is stirring controversy. I'm not saying it was clearly the right call, but saying Dallas got through on refereeing is not really true. They were quite lucky, because Detroit really "beat themselves"
:rofl: jesus christ

It was at worst a MARGINAL call with bad mechanics that looked worse because of the defender's head position (which NFL refs do not consider - how many times have you seen PI thrown when the defender DID get his head around but there was egregious contact). We've been over this a few pages back. Are you seriously giving credence to something a politician said to a room full of Lions fans lmao. BTW Periera is kind of hit and miss. He is a genuine expert but part of his job as a Fox guy is stirring controversy. I'm not saying it was clearly the right call, but saying Dallas got through on refereeing is not really true. They were quite lucky, because Detroit really "beat themselves"

I pretty much only come on TSR to post here, any other posts are a byproduct of this so I think we'll have to agree to disagree about the margins of the call in order that I don't prematurely end my tenure here in a fit of annoyance.
Original post by Motorbiker
As a side note. We're totally reaching 10k posts. Threads are limited to 10k and then a second thread is started.

Anyone got a good idea for a name?

TSR American Football Society 2

Or something is my suggestion

We talked about this at 9746 onwards, 'we' (a few of us particularly regular posters) said that the title should be all encompassing in it's American Football scope. We've talked all kinds of football here ever since I've been here anyway so limiting it to NFL seemed unnecessary. We also thought we (this time it might be the royal we encompassing only me) needed a rookie guide on page 1 but your title is pretty much where we were at with it. Roman numerals as opposed to the actual number seem to be TSRs convention though? American Football Talk II, anything along those kind of lines is going to be fine.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest