The Student Room Group

How do you tell the difference between someone who's drunk and someone who's stoned?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RFowler
What about people who are stoned and drunk at the same time?
This is the weirdest thing i've ever encountered. I had a conversation with a drunk and stoned person about whether Jimi Hendrix was really dead...he later told me that he actually though HE was Jimi Hendrix. :biggrin:
Um I actually don't know what stoned looks like. I've tried to watch videos on youtube of people taking weed and they just look normal lol.
Original post by songforclay90
It's probably easier to spot a drunk person when you're sober than a stoned person. Especially walking through town on a Friday or Saturday night.

Whereas anyone you walk past could be stoned.

Yeah as I said can't really notice it. The way it is depicted on family guy is as if the person is just thick and sits there staring into space but it doesn't seem to be like that at all.
Can they form sentences?
Original post by Dani California
This is the weirdest thing i've ever encountered. I had a conversation with a drunk and stoned person about whether Jimi Hendrix was really dead...he later told me that he actually though HE was Jimi Hendrix. :biggrin:

Original post by RFowler
What about people who are stoned and drunk at the same time?

This is unpredictable.

Some people will react very badly to that and literally be incoherent
You can usually tell by smell alone, alcohol is usually really distinctive on their breath and stoners usually have it clinging to their clothes and you can't really confuse that smell with many other things either. People that are drunk though are usually more inhibition free and doing crazy things and people that are high/stoned are usually quite relaxed and easy going....

Also stoners get the munchies.
Original post by SmashConcept

...I...Was that...How...?
The **** did I just watch? :tongue:
Original post by Dani California
...I...Was that...How...?
The **** did I just watch? :tongue:

Pretty dramatic right? That's just one example of one of the many ways marijuana ruins lives :nn:
Pretty dramatic right? That's just one example of one of the many ways marijuana ruins lives :nn:

Don't do drugs, kids. :cool:
Reply 30
Ask them if we're alone in the universe
Original post by Ruthless Dutchman
Ask them if we're alone in the universe

Who thinks we are???
Reply 32
Who thinks we are???

People scared of space, people who think the earth is the centre of the universe, republicans, anthropocentric people, people who don't believe in aliens, not Katy Perry
People scared of space, people who think the earth is the centre of the universe, republicans, anthropocentric people, people who don't believe in aliens, not Katy Perry

I meant out of stoned people and drunk people.
Reply 34
I meant out of stoned people and drunk people.

I'd imagine that drunk people wouldn't be as up to discussing it
I'd imagine that drunk people wouldn't be as up to discussing it

Does it even merit a discussion though? How drunk do you have to get to forget that the universe is really really big?
Reply 36
Does it even merit a discussion though? How drunk do you have to get to forget that the universe is really really big?

Good point, although I've got quite a few friends who get drunk enough to forget the exit to the room.

How drunk and how stoned are we talking about here?
Good point, although I've got quite a few friends who get drunk enough to forget the exit to the room.

How drunk and how stoned are we talking about here?

To be fair that's sometimes quite challenging. The other week my friend and I went to this bar in some stupid town nobody lives in, and the door was made of glass and all the windows were like locked screen doors. So we tried loads of potential exits with loads of people looking at us with their inbred little eyes filled with judgement (because it was like 8pm probably) until we asked one of the waitresses to tell us where the door was. Turned out to be the one we came in.

I don't know anyway, I think if you can talk then you can figure out that aliens probably exist.
Reply 38
The smell.
Reply 39
To be fair that's sometimes quite challenging. The other week my friend and I went to this bar in some stupid town nobody lives in, and the door was made of glass and all the windows were like locked screen doors. So we tried loads of potential exits with loads of people looking at us with their inbred little eyes filled with judgement (because it was like 8pm probably) until we asked one of the waitresses to tell us where the door was. Turned out to be the one we came in.

I don't know anyway, I think if you can talk then you can figure out that aliens probably exist.

Oh wow :') Lost at 8pm already? That's quite the achievement!

Quick Reply

Latest