The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary and Clearing (English Courses)

I'm new to all this, so apologies for any mistakes.

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on what I am currently stressing about (it's really bringing me down) :frown:

So I really want to attend Queen Mary to study english lit (or anything related) and I am certain my offer is going to be declined. So the only way I can attend is if I get a place through clearing...

But what are my chances? Grades aside, my PS and Refrence is pretty badass...
I went through a tough few months before summer exams; one of my closest friends committed suicide and I later on suffered depresion. I ended up taking a Gap year after Results day- which is exactly what I needed. I have/am travelling across the world and volunteering in schools and orphanges. I have moved out from home, got myself a job, paying for everything and have found some ease in my life, after what was a difficult year.

Back to the question, I'm just pretty gutted knowing that Queen Mary will not take me on, because my grades do not meet the entry requirments. But do you think I have much chance through Clearing?
I got CCC and they want ABB :s-smilie: I was predicted AAB.. so I was really disappointed in myself, but given the circumstanes, everyone said to go easy on myself. But now I'm just sad that the uni and course I was hoping to study, is not gonna happen.:frown:

Thanks everyone.
Original post by Ahelpinghand
I'm new to all this, so apologies for any mistakes.

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on what I am currently stressing about (it's really bringing me down) :frown:

So I really want to attend Queen Mary to study english lit (or anything related) and I am certain my offer is going to be declined. So the only way I can attend is if I get a place through clearing...

But what are my chances? Grades aside, my PS and Refrence is pretty badass...
I went through a tough few months before summer exams; one of my closest friends committed suicide and I later on suffered depresion. I ended up taking a Gap year after Results day- which is exactly what I needed. I have/am travelling across the world and volunteering in schools and orphanges. I have moved out from home, got myself a job, paying for everything and have found some ease in my life, after what was a difficult year.

Back to the question, I'm just pretty gutted knowing that Queen Mary will not take me on, because my grades do not meet the entry requirments. But do you think I have much chance through Clearing?
I got CCC and they want ABB :s-smilie: I was predicted AAB.. so I was really disappointed in myself, but given the circumstanes, everyone said to go easy on myself. But now I'm just sad that the uni and course I was hoping to study, is not gonna happen.:frown:

Thanks everyone.

extenuating circumstance?
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by Iqbal007
extenuating circumstance?

From my understanding, my school did not notify the exam boards. However, in my reference, my referee spoke about how there was multiple issues (she gave the details) and how this effected by overall performance. But also spoke about my recovery and how this is a reflection of who I am.
Original post by Ahelpinghand
From my understanding, my school did not notify the exam boards. However, in my reference, my referee spoke about how there was multiple issues (she gave the details) and how this effected by overall performance. But also spoke about my recovery and how this is a reflection of who I am.

I would complain to be fair.....Thats a huge failure on the schools side

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending