The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

The UCL PPE thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by economicsrocks
Maybe, but both Warwick and LSE have already given out quite a few PPE offers, some to home candidates! Are you an international applicant? To be honest, I don't know exactly what I would firm, I might end up going for UCL depending on what other offers/rejections I get :smile:

Yup, I'm from India :smile: Best of luck for all the offers :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Rid
Yup, I'm from India :smile: Best of luck for all the offers :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah ok :smile: Thank you, and best of luck to you too! :smile:
Congrats on getting to the interview stage, I would have loved to :colondollar: Pretty sure it was the TSA which let me down, but hey, still got the other unis to hope for!

My TSA went terribly too!

Original post by Teddysmith123
Yh I've been saving up so that I can go to asia for two months then come back do an extra a level in further maths then go again in august! Lol I can't wait! :tongue:

Will all you guys be firming ucl if you get an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds awesome, i'm jealous! Yeah if I get an offer I'll definitely be firming UCL.
Reply 123
Hi guys,
it's the first time I write here, i'm Ignazio, an italian student!
I'm 17 and next year I would like to apply to uk universities. My marks are high, I will probably pass the Italian Maturitá with 100/100cumlaude or above. I wanted to apply to some top uni such as Oxford, Lse, Ucl, Warwick and King's for PPE, what do you think about it? Am I too ambitious? Are these uni good for ppe?
I'm even head boy and did lots of other activities
Original post by Dprince

I guess it's just unfortunate they put so much emphasis on it! Good luck with the rest of your applications :smile:
Original post by Dprince

Do you know exactly what you got for the tsa? I want to know but don't know if I should email oxford or if it will be released online through the site using the pin we were given after we took the test?

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="Teddysmith123;52816809"]
Original post by Dprince

Do you know exactly what you got for the tsa? I want to know but don't know if I should email oxford or if it will be released online through the site using the pin we were given after we took the test?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not exactly yet but above the threshold in order to be interviewed I guess! The results are released on the 15th and you can login using the pin they gave you when you sat it. You have to register first though on the TSA website and you can do that now :smile:

I guess it's just unfortunate they put so much emphasis on it! Good luck with the rest of your applications :smile:

Yeah the guy in my interview said my score was okay even though I know I had to guess the last 10 questions lmfao?! Thank you, and to you too!
Original post by Ibac
Hi guys,
it's the first time I write here, i'm Ignazio, an italian student!
I'm 17 and next year I would like to apply to uk universities. My marks are high, I will probably pass the Italian Maturitá with 100/100cumlaude or above. I wanted to apply to some top uni such as Oxford, Lse, Ucl, Warwick and King's for PPE, what do you think about it? Am I too ambitious? Are these uni good for ppe?
I'm even head boy and did lots of other activities

Sounds like you're just the sort of person that they want. If you have high marks and have done lots of other activities (like being Head Boy- I was too, welcome to the club:wink:) then it sounds like you could make a really competitive application.

Classically, Oxford's PPE course is known as the best in the world (although to be fair it's only British Universities that run PPE as a course in it's own right). All the rest of the universities that you have named all run good PPE courses too. Another good one to look at is York, their course is pretty prestigious. As is Durham's. Of course though, it's always look good to think about which Universities are up and coming. Exeter, for example, isn't very prestigious at the minute but is battling up the university leaderboards and could be held in high prestige by employers in decades to come. In that way, your degree is almost like an investment, and you have the chance to pick some of the courses that you think will be held as most valuable by employers when you graduate/in future.

UCL is great for this as it's a highly presitigious university as is, with a brand spanking new PPE course that the university will want to challenge Oxford with. Also, in the first few years of the course, they will want to solidify it's place on the leaderboard by drafting in top professors and investing a lot of their funding in it, so it's always best to look into things like that too :smile:
Reply 128
Original post by Dprince
Sounds like you're just the sort of person that they want. If you have high marks and have done lots of other activities (like being Head Boy- I was too, welcome to the club:wink:) then it sounds like you could make a really competitive application.

Classically, Oxford's PPE course is known as the best in the world (although to be fair it's only British Universities that run PPE as a course in it's own right). All the rest of the universities that you have named all run good PPE courses too. Another good one to look at is York, their course is pretty prestigious. As is Durham's. Of course though, it's always look good to think about which Universities are up and coming. Exeter, for example, isn't very prestigious at the minute but is battling up the university leaderboards and could be held in high prestige by employers in decades to come. In that way, your degree is almost like an investment, and you have the chance to pick some of the courses that you think will be held as most valuable by employers when you graduate/in future.

UCL is great for this as it's a highly presitigious university as is, with a brand spanking new PPE course that the university will want to challenge Oxford with. Also, in the first few years of the course, they will want to solidify it's place on the leaderboard by drafting in top professors and investing a lot of their funding in it, so it's always best to look into things like that too :smile:

Thank you so much for all these information, they're really useful! Oxford is my firm and i really want to get in, so lets try!
Ps What do you think about Kings?
Original post by Dprince

Yeah the guy in my interview said my score was okay even though I know I had to guess the last 10 questions lmfao?! Thank you, and to you too!

You were really lucky then! I had to guess loads of questions as well, but clearly I didn't get many right! Thank you :smile:
Original post by Ibac
Thank you so much for all these information, they're really useful! Oxford is my firm and i really want to get in, so lets try!
Ps What do you think about Kings?

Kings run a good course too! :smile: I've applied there, waiting to hear back :smile:

You were really lucky then! I had to guess loads of questions as well, but clearly I didn't get many right! Thank you :smile:

Have you applied to KCL and if so have you heard back from them? I've got quite a weird story about my application to KCL haha!
Reply 131
Original post by Dprince
Kings run a good course too! :smile: I've applied there, waiting to hear back
Is it true that to get an interview you need a TSA passed with 61 (minimum)?
[QUOTE="Ibac;52822963"]
Original post by Dprince
Kings run a good course too! :smile: I've applied there, waiting to hear back
Is it true that to get an interview you need a TSA passed with 61 (minimum)?

For Kings College London?
Reply 133
[QUOTE="Dprince;52823363"]
Original post by Ibac

For Kings College London?

Sorry I meant for Oxford!
Original post by Ibac

Sorry I meant for Oxford!

You've applied to Oxford and haven't heard back yet?

Yeah, you have to get over a certain score on the TSA although I can't confirm that it's 61. It's around there though.
Also an oxford reject (post interview). Applied to Ucl, kcl, lse, and nottingham - offers from Nottingham an kcl so far. Has anyone received any offers yet? Or has anyone heard of anyone receiving offers? Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 136
Original post by Dprince
You've applied to Oxford and haven't heard back yet?

Yeah, you have to get over a certain score on the TSA although I can't confirm that it's 61. It's around there though.

Nono, It was just a question!
Original post by Dprince
Have you applied to KCL and if so have you heard back from them? I've got quite a weird story about my application to KCL haha!

No I didn't! I applied to LSE and Warwick too, still waiting on them. What happened with your application?! :smile:
Original post by inclop4.5
Also an oxford reject (post interview). Applied to Ucl, kcl, lse, and nottingham - offers from Nottingham an kcl so far. Has anyone received any offers yet? Or has anyone heard of anyone receiving offers? Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I saw a few people received LSE PPE offers on the uni connect page but I haven't heard anything back on my application :smile:
Do you know how many places there are at lse for ppe this year
?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending