The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3420
Yay got an offer from Emmanuel for Medicine!
Wasn't sure what to expect but I'm pretty relieved to get the offer :P
Any other (Emmanuel) medics around here?
Original post by Goods
Peterhouse is closer. But yeah its nearby even by cambridge standards

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I was thinking that. The difference is small though, maybe one minute's walk?

If I recall correctly you're an undergraduate, aren't you?
Reply 3422
So who else is gcoming to Pembroke? (granted they meet their offer)
Are offers through the pool normally made on the same grade conditions as offers made by the preference college?
Original post by ocius-vulpes
Congrats on your offers! Got one for English at Emma too :smile:

Aw this is so great! See you in October! (If I get the grades) :smile:

Were you interviewed on the 11th?
Original post by Jasey

NatSci Here, I'm hopefully coming.
I know it's kinda off topic but do you think that Cambridge prefers candidates with already achieved grades? (those who are on a gap year)
Original post by Elcor
Yeah I was thinking that. The difference is small though, maybe one minute's walk?

If I recall correctly you're an undergraduate, aren't you?

Id say about 20% of the total journey... I.e. a minute.

Yes first year phy natsci at Robinson

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3428
Original post by Minerva
Just to explain it again:

Everyone except the medics
If your letter says that you were pooled and that another college expressed interest in you, there were two possibilities

another college agreed to make you a direct offer

another college decided to invite you for re-interview

Colleges inviting people back for interview had to have contacted you by the end of 8th January, as the interview period begins today. It is possible if highly unlikely that an interview invitation went astray (check those spam folders, for a start) but I would have expected colleges to have followed up anyone they hadn't heard back from during yesterday. Numbers of people being called back for interview are very small, relative to the total numbers of applicants.

Therefore, if you have not been called back for interview, the position is that you should hear over the next few days (but not tomorrow) from your new college with details of the offer they are making you.

Some colleges have clearly put together a 'one size fits all' letter (hence the roller coaster numbers people have mentioned) and others have been more imaginative and written different letters for different circumstances. You can reasonably suppose that all these letters have been checked extremely carefully to avoid any embarassing or distressing mistakes. So, where a college says "another college will be making you an offer" that is what they mean :smile:

Medics
If your letter specifically states that another college is making you an offer, you have an offer.

If you have received the "your application is still under consideration" version, it is reasonable to assume that you are in the Pool for an open offer. The problem here was that it was not possible to complete this bit of the process, which only applies to Med/Vet Med, in time for the general mail-out, so there is a small number of applicants (apart from the re-interviewees, also small numbers) for whom a decision is pending.

Hi, do you have any idea what the statistics are like for medics in the open offer pool, or when we'll find out if we've got a place?
Got an offer from Kings for HSPS :smile:
Original post by Jasey

Me!!! I got a maths offer :biggrin:
Anyone else stressed about getting the grades now? I was so casual about it before and now I'm like 'I think I can get the grades, but now there's so much pressure because I actually NEED the grades...'
Original post by Fawkesgirl33
Anyone else stressed about getting the grades now? I was so casual about it before and now I'm like 'I think I can get the grades, but now there's so much pressure because I actually NEED the grades...'

Yup me :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fawkesgirl33

Yups

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Minerva
Just to explain it again:

Everyone except the medics
If your letter says that you were pooled and that another college expressed interest in you, there were two possibilities

another college agreed to make you a direct offer

another college decided to invite you for re-interview

Colleges inviting people back for interview had to have contacted you by the end of 8th January, as the interview period begins today. It is possible if highly unlikely that an interview invitation went astray (check those spam folders, for a start) but I would have expected colleges to have followed up anyone they hadn't heard back from during yesterday. Numbers of people being called back for interview are very small, relative to the total numbers of applicants.

Therefore, if you have not been called back for interview, the position is that you should hear over the next few days (but not tomorrow) from your new college with details of the offer they are making you.

Some colleges have clearly put together a 'one size fits all' letter (hence the roller coaster numbers people have mentioned) and others have been more imaginative and written different letters for different circumstances. You can reasonably suppose that all these letters have been checked extremely carefully to avoid any embarassing or distressing mistakes. So, where a college says "another college will be making you an offer" that is what they mean :smile:

Medics
If your letter specifically states that another college is making you an offer, you have an offer.

If you have received the "your application is still under consideration" version, it is reasonable to assume that you are in the Pool for an open offer. The problem here was that it was not possible to complete this bit of the process, which only applies to Med/Vet Med, in time for the general mail-out, so there is a small number of applicants (apart from the re-interviewees, also small numbers) for whom a decision is pending.

Hi, do you have any idea when the medics who haven't been made an offer from the pool yet will hear back with the decision that's been made on their application?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by L'Evil Fish
They said to write back saying you'll accept if you can...

How do we do that? Like write an actual letter? :lol:

Mine said that too.. not sure if they mean an email? Idg why we can't just let them know through Track when they update it tbh.
Original post by ILovePancakes
Mine said that too.. not sure if they mean an email? Idg why we can't just let them know through Track when they update it tbh.

Mine said I can wait for track if I want, but idk, feel a bit rude
No postman for me today, any medics from Catz got offers?
Original post by Frettingparent
I think they can ask for an email if they haven't heard by Tuesday. fingers crossed for you both

Oh I'm sure it will come on Monday but we're both out of the house until 6.30pm. Thanks for your good wishes. I very much hope your son received the news he wanted.
I didn't get in... The letter said that I've been pooled but no other college expressed an interest, no chance that Kings could call back after the Pool interviews are there? Hope seems to be lost

Latest

Trending

Trending