The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Unconditional offer from Clare for PhysNatSci. Quite surprised as my GCSEs weren't that great but my A levels seem to have made up for it.
Got an offer for medicine via the pool - I wonder which college it is :lol:
Original post by Crithappenz
No postman for me today, any medics from Catz got offers?

Exactly the same boat for me, no post. I had 95% UMS and bmat 5.1 5.4 4A, what about you ? And how did you think your interviews went ?
Original post by kwsaint
Unconditional offer from Clare for PhysNatSci. Quite surprised as my GCSEs weren't that great but my A levels seem to have made up for it.

Unconditional? Wow, congrats! May I ask your UMS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CakeFrog

Posted from TSR Mobile

95.6% in total I think. Got A*A*A*A* for A2s though so I think that might have helped :P
Original post by CakeFrog

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you take a gap year and reapply. May I ask what your GCSEs are?
Original post by RainbowVeins

well done!!
Original post by Cholesta
Did you take a gap year and reapply. May I ask what your GCSEs are?

If you meant me, I had applied for deferred entry out on a whim but didn't get in so reapplied during my gap year. GCSE wise it was 3 A*s 6As and 4Bs.

Congrats! I'm sure you'll love it whatever the college :redface:

Yay!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aersh8
How did your son do? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't know yet............................................

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it still possible that a person is still pooled? My friend just got a letter from King's saying that they can't offer a place but another college has taken an interest and he will hear directly from them. Does that mean he's definitely got an offer from another college or that it's still uncertain?
Original post by helenapraidell
Congratulations :smile: I'm an international student so am waiting to see what happens for me w/ English at Queens'. Nervous ahhh. Well done again!

Sorry I didn't reply earlier; I was at work :smile:
Ahh, that's annoying, having to wait longer! I do hope you get in - we might be together on the course! All the best for when you find out! :tongue:
Original post by jneill
Don't know yet............................................

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok, when's he coming home? I wish him the best of luck - his awesome dad deserves it :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aersh8
Oh ok, when's he coming home? I wish him the best of luck - his awesome dad deserves it :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you heard anything yet bro?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chlorophile
Is it still possible that a person is still pooled? My friend just got a letter from King's saying that they can't offer a place but another college has taken an interest and he will hear directly from them. Does that mean he's definitely got an offer from another college or that it's still uncertain?

I think that's a definite offer, but don't get their hopes up as I'm not a credible source
Original post by physicsmaths
Have you heard anything yet bro?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll find out on Monday by email :smile: I'm in the movies now about to watch the imitation game as a distraction, too stressed!

Congrats on your offer, I was sure you'll get in :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Friar Tuck2
50:50 according to this thread...wel done on getting reiterviewed- I applied to Catz with very similar UMS / bmat to you and haven't got a letter yet....how did you think your interviews at Catz went ? Competition at Catz must be tough this year if they are putting candidates like you in the pool this year

My letter didnt come today either, luckly the pooled college had already contacted me. Stressful wait for monday then!

Well i thought the first one went really badly, i was quite stressed and am sure it showed but felt the second one went pretty well. How did you think yours went???
Original post by kwsaint
If you meant me, I had applied for deferred entry out on a whim but didn't get in so reapplied during my gap year. GCSE wise it was 3 A*s 6As and 4Bs.

My son got 7a* and 4a's during the death of his dad. Oxford rejected him. Would it be worthwhile taking a gap year and reapplying to Cambridge? Well done to you.😃

Latest

Trending

Trending