The Student Room Group

Cambridge Medicine applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 760
Original post by thedutchchick
Anyone got an offer from Clare?

I got a rejection from Clare xD Did you get an offer there? Well done if so! I think I might have met you at interview actually :biggrin:
Original post by cwi111
I got a rejection from Clare xD Did you get an offer there? Well done if so! I think I might have met you at interview actually :biggrin:

Yeah we met! Very sorry to hear about your rejection :frown: but you'll be great at another place as Well!!
Haven't heard yet, I live in the Netherlands so expect to get an email on monday..
Original post by a123a
Me too. What did you letter say?

We have enough confidence for you to be pooled. We'll let you know asap
Anyone goin Clare ????
Reply 764
Original post by clever1diot
We have enough confidence for you to be pooled. We'll let you know asap

Yep letter was along those lines as well.
Original post by Student12344321
Anyone goin Clare ????

Still waiting for their decision. . .

You?
Reply 766
Yeah we met! Very sorry to hear about your rejection :frown: but you'll be great at another place as Well!!
Haven't heard yet, I live in the Netherlands so expect to get an email on monday..

Ooooh best of luck! :smile:
Reply 767
Hmm any Queens' applicant have heard anything yet? Doesn't seem to be any around here....i'm international so waiting for email on Monday
Hi guys!
First post here, I got pooled by Clare but apparently no decision has been made yet. Anyone else swimming in the pool with me? haha
Original post by a123a
Seems like a lot of people have been put in the pool and haven't received a decision. Surely we all can't be for open offers? I think colleges have yet to fill out places for medicine. So we could possibly get offers directly from colleges. (This is just my opinion, not factual)

I really hope you are right.
Original post by TJLJT
Hmm any Queens' applicant have heard anything yet? Doesn't seem to be any around here....i'm international so waiting for email on Monday

Me! I've been pooled to a different college though...and I don't even know which one it is yet :laugh: but I guess I'm still soooo happy!

Good luck! :smile:
I got an offer. Hope u get it aswel
Still waiting for their decision. . .

You?

I got an offer. I Hope u get it aswel
I have only seen 2 people on TSR actually 'fished' out of the pool, but so many (inc. me) who got the 'still under consideration' letter. Given the standard of the applicants on this site it's making me think they haven't actually finished the Winter Pool for medicine, and that we're not all just being placed in the pool for open offers. Still, I don't know
Original post by TotalerReinfall
I have only seen 2 people on TSR actually 'fished' out of the pool, but so many (inc. me) who got the 'still under consideration' letter. Given the standard of the applicants on this site it's making me think they haven't actually finished the Winter Pool for medicine, and that we're not all just being placed in the pool for open offers. Still, I don't know

I would agree with you, all the people I know applying to medicine have been sent a pool letter but without being pooled to a specific college! And there doesn't seem to be that many open places. So if it were the case we were all pooled for open places, it would be a very crowded pool :confused:
Original post by Choyster54
Hi,

I just wanted to say that today I received the offer to study medicine at Jesus College Cambridge. Thank you for sharing with me a bit about the college and it certainly motivated me to work for it.

If your son hasn't graduated yet, I might see him around!

Hopefully I can make the offer >< :smile:

Hi. I think I may have met you at my interview. I too received an offer from Jesus for Medicine. Just to clarify, are you doing Maths for higher level at IB, and was your interview on the Thursday afternoon?
Original post by neveroddoreven
Hi. I think I may have met you at my interview. I too received an offer from Jesus for Medicine. Just to clarify, are you doing Maths for higher level at IB, and was your interview on the Thursday afternoon?

Yup, I'm the higher IB maths guy :smile: were you the guy from Manchester? the one with curly hair?
Reply 777
Original post by MelindaMedic
Hi guys!
First post here, I got pooled by Clare but apparently no decision has been made yet. Anyone else swimming in the pool with me? haha

Yeah it looks like there's about 7/8 of us :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 778
The 2011 Entry Cambridge Medicine Applicants faced a similar situation, where a large number of pooled applicants were considered for open offers. Sad to say only a very few were given the offer.

The only difference is that in their e-mails/letters, it was stated that there are being considered for open offers, ours didn't.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1312444&page=103
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 779
I've also not seen any med applicants this year that was pooled AND then rejected due to 'no other college has expressed interest in you'. So my guess is that, pooled applicants that were not fished out are all being considered for an open offers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending