The Student Room Group

This guy i met....

I was talking to someone a while back, and i ended whatever was going on because i felt too pressured into a serious and sexual relationship. I am 18 and have not had a boyfriend ever, so his messages were scaring me a bit because i didn't know what to expect. However, i still have feelings for this person but I am scared to let him know in case he starts the constant texting and the full on messages again, which put me off him. He didn't understand i wanted to take it reaaallly slow, even though I had told him numerous times. So do I tell him or not? I am so stuck on what to do!
xxx
Reply 1
you aint going nowhere if you take it "reaaallly slow"
Original post by Foo.mp3
Do you tell him what exactly? :holmes:

That he/she's still interested in him I'm guessing.
What do these messages say?
I want to tell him i still have feelings towards him and want to give it another go, but am I being naive?
Original post by Foo.mp3
Do you tell him what exactly? :holmes:

That i still have feelings for him :/ x
Original post by Birkenhead
Did you actually tell him you wanted to take it slowly, or did you hope that's what he would have interpreted on his own from a series of subtle but tenuous signs and hints?

Nope, i made it very very clear that i wanted to take it slowly, i stated exactly how i felt because i hadn't done this type of thing before x
Original post by GRed
you aint going nowhere if you take it "reaaallly slow"

I know but I am scared of what might be expected of me if i end up in a relationship with him..... how do i stop being so scared?! x
Original post by Foo.mp3
See "I'm still interested in seeing if we can make a go of dating" is something I'd support, whereas "I still have feelings" :colondollar: is definitely not, which is why I need to know precisely what the proposition is here

I still have feelings for him and if he were to respect my 'fears' i would be willing to make another go of it is what i would say to him..... but do i? x
Original post by Foo.mp3
I really wouldn't put it like that. A guy who wants to get freaky is only likely to do one thing if you start showing him you're soft, and that's exploit you :rolleyes:

Ok, well thanks for the advice, what do you suggest i do? :frown:
Original post by Foo.mp3
Just say hey, and get chatting again, and hope he suggests meeting up and doing something, but make it clear every now and then that you refuse to be some casual hookup, and indeed are relatively inexperienced so you need to take things slow. If he can't respect that then you need to understand the guy is a juvenile dickwad and kill any residual feelings for him

Thank You, you have been very helpful :smile::smile::smile: hope all is well with you!
Original post by Foo.mp3
No probs sweetie, you take care now, and remember: never do anything you're not comfortable with or settle for anything less than you are due! :hippie:

You are bloody lovely :smile: same goes for you too:hugs:!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending