Thanks! Selwyn :smile:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
What?!?!?!

Is this a sick joke

100% rejected after pooling
Original post by NinjaPandaa
2 people in my school got letters from them today :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was it good news or bad news? And for what course?
Original post by CaitlinDy
100% rejected after pooling

Well that's just ridiculous because you were by far a better candidate than me :frown:

St Andrews will be awesome when you eventually hear back

Or are you thinking about somewhere else?
Original post by Chlorophile
The exact wording of the letter my friend got was this:

I'm assuming from this that he has a confirmed offer but is that definitely correct?

That's exactly the same wording as my letter... does this mean all the colleges have standard letters they send out?
Hey guys
New to this thread.
I applied for engineering at gonville and caius (still no response).
I actually have an average of 1 (the best mark in my country) in the most relevant subjects and a total average (all subjects together) of 1.2
Test was ok, one interview was fine, even though I made a few mistakes and the other one was good. Was asked in general quite a lot of things about my PS.
Is it ok even though I did mistakes in my interview?
Despite knowing that I messed up my second interview really bad and that it probably means a rejection, I can not think about anything other than Monday.. Wish King's would've sent the emails sooner :frown:
Original post by Chief Wiggum
Last for what? Can I have a link to that, I'd be interested to read it. :p:

F1 preparedness.
http://www.gmc-uk.org/SoMEP_chapter_3.pdf_58053779.pdf
Well that's just ridiculous because you were by far a better candidate than me :frown:

St Andrews will be awesome when you eventually hear back

Or are you thinking about somewhere else?

I very much doubt I was better than the Fish!
St Andrews it is, provided they accept. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I very much doubt I was better than the Fish!
St Andrews it is, provided they accept. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

They will :biggrin: especially after your work experience there
Original post by Bendak
Despite knowing that I messed up my second interview really bad and that it probably means a rejection, I can not think about anything other than Monday.. Wish King's would've sent the emails sooner :frown:

Which subject?
Original post by Bendak

Have you not got your letter yet either?:frown: Or are you international?
Original post by happyavocado
Was it good news or bad news? And for what course?

Bad news :frown: both engineering

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone heard from Clare for maths? My letter didn't come...
Reply 3535
Original post by HeyThereHarry
Are offers through the pool normally made on the same grade conditions as offers made by the preference college?
Pretty much - you certainly don't get a tougher offer just because you were fished out of the Pool.

Original post by julkass
I know it's kinda off topic but do you think that Cambridge prefers candidates with already achieved grades? (those who are on a gap year)
Not really - they've got pretty well-developed systems for assessing applicants who haven't completed their sixth form education or equivalent.

Original post by Ros09
Hi, do you have any idea what the statistics are like for medics in the open offer pool, or when we'll find out if we've got a place?
Not really, but open offers are rare birds, I'm afraid, so you are definitely looking at less good odds than the re-interviewees are.

Original post by z.al-essah
Hi, do you have any idea when the medics who haven't been made an offer from the pool yet will hear back with the decision that's been made on their application?
As I understand it, you should hear within a week or so, but don't hold me to that :smile:

Original post by Knowlesracka
I didn't get in... The letter said that I've been pooled but no other college expressed an interest, no chance that Kings could call back after the Pool interviews are there? Hope seems to be lost
No, I'm afraid there's no chance now; your application has been unsuccessful. If King's were going to take you back they would have done it by 6th January.

Original post by Chlorophile
Is it still possible that a person is still pooled? My friend just got a letter from King's saying that they can't offer a place but another college has taken an interest and he will hear directly from them. Does that mean he's definitely got an offer from another college or that it's still uncertain?
Having now seen the text of the letter your friend got, an offer is definitely on its way to him.

Original post by Cholesta
My son got 7a* and 4a's during the death of his dad. Oxford rejected him. Would it be worthwhile taking a gap year and reapplying to Cambridge? Well done to you.😃
I am sorry for the disappointment here, but GCSEs really aren't everything to an application. My suggestion would be that he waits until he gets the feedback from Oxford, and then he can take an informed view about whether he wants to try again - and, most importantly, why he does. Oxford and Cambridge are very different universities, but what they have in common is that they are looking for more than just grades on the page.

Original post by abigai11
Got pooled but no letter either, theres another catz medic without a letter too, starting to think maybe they didnt send them out in time, is that possible?
No. It's the post, I'm afraid :frown:

Original post by Noemiluisa
Murray said the same to me this morning, since they said that they were "pleased" to advise me that another college had taken an interest etc...I supposed this was good news. But as there are other people who have been specifically told by their college that they had an offer form another college I'm not so sure now.
Unless, extraordinarily, an interview invitation has gone astray, this does mean that an offer is coming your way. I can't believe they would have phoned you otherwise!

I honestly wish everyone the very best of luck with Cambridge, or whichever university takes you on. We're all in the top few percent of future academics - and if that doesn't say something, I don't know what will.
I'm sure you will have some top-notch offers from other places, and will do really well. Some people in your shoes end up eventually defecting to the dark (blue) side.... You have done well to get as far as the Pool, and have plenty of good things to take away to reflect on when the disappointment settles (which it will).

Original post by Sp44
Got rejected by clare, but got put into the winter pool for medicine. I was not expecting an offer as my BMAT was shocking, but is it a good sign that clare has pooled me? (clare being a highly regarded college at Cambridge)
Your pooling college doesn't really affect your chances once you are in the Pool - I'm assuming in your case you are under consideration for an open offer?

Original post by JustHoping
Hi, I know there is probably nothing I can do, but I got rejected after being placed in winter pool. Is there anything I can do?

I'm afraid that's it now. Your only option would be to re-apply, not a decision to be taken lightly.
Original post by Ricky_Fenomeno
Which subject?

Computer Science!

Original post by sr234
Have you not got your letter yet either?:frown: Or are you international?

I'm international :frown:
The last two letters they sent were both delivered in the 3-4 day range though, so there's a chance I might even get my letter before the email, lol.
No I meant Cambridge dream is over!
It's a ****ing reality now :awesome:

Got in for Christ's

A*A*A in any of Further Maths Physics and Chemistry.

Living up to your name! This was not funny!

Well done dude :smile: :yy: I hope you're doing something nice to celebrate. :party:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Living up to your name! This was not funny!

Well done dude :smile: :yy: I hope you're doing something nice to celebrate. :party:

:teehee:

Just had lots and lots of cakes

My birthday next week so gonna have a nice meal with friends I think
:teehee:

Just had lots and lots of cakes

My birthday next week so gonna have a nice meal with friends I think

Sounds lovely :biggrin: Hope you have a good time :woo:

Latest

Trending

Trending