The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rachelc142
Yeah France for me too!! I have an AS Level in it but college wouldn't let me carry on with four. I really wanna go for l'université de pierre et Marie curie in paris !!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah that's a shame, what A2s are you doing now then? I'm not too sure what the options are for French universities in the year abroad, do you know how I could find out?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by TopazDelamer
Ah that's a shame, what A2s are you doing now then? I'm not too sure what the options are for French universities in the year abroad, do you know how I could find out?

Maths further maths and physics :smile: off the top of my head it's UPMC in Paris, the Joseph Fourier uni in Grenoble and another one in bordeaux but I can't remember exactly. I found it by trawling the physics at Manchester website and looking at international exchanges -will try and find a link for you bear with me !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maths further maths and physics :smile: off the top of my head it's UPMC in Paris, the Joseph Fourier uni in Grenoble and another one in bordeaux but I can't remember exactly. I found it by trawling the physics at Manchester website and looking at international exchanges -will try and find a link for you bear with me !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same! Aw thank you that's kind :smile:
Same! Aw thank you that's kind :smile:

I couldn't find a link but here's a screen grab from the physics prospectus :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
I couldn't find a link but here's a screen grab from the physics prospectus :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! Not quite sure where I'd go to be honest.
Is it true Manchester gives you a £1000 for 3A*s (if you apply for physics at least)? I think the admissions tutor said that on the visit day at some point

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you! Not quite sure where I'd go to be honest.

Yeah they all sound amazing tbf!

Original post by BP_Tranquility
Is it true Manchester gives you a £1000 for 3A*s (if you apply for physics at least)? I think the admissions tutor said that on the visit day at some point

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes it is, for the physics department for definite, I cant comment for other departments. Usually around 30% of their cohort attain this bursary.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah they all sound amazing tbf!

Yes it is, for the physics department for definite, I cant comment for other departments. Usually around 30% of their cohort attain this bursary.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So it is 3A*s (not 2 or 4)? Also, do you have a source for this since I can't find it on their website? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So it is 3A*s (not 2 or 4)? Also, do you have a source for this since I can't find it on their website? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

3 :smile: although 4 must qualify as well, but for the same amount I think?
The only source I have of this is the head of the manc physics department telling me at my interview day sorry! I'll have a look on their website now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Here you go http://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/student-finance/2015/outside-eu/subject-specific-awards/

Scroll to physics
"Academic excellence"= 3 A*s

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm viewing this from my phone but it just says:
Physics Success Scholarship

The award:*£2,000, payable during the first year of the course.Who is eligible: International students who have demonstrated academic excellence in their examinations.

Its only for international students though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The award:*£2,000, payable during the first year of the course.Who is eligible: International students who have demonstrated academic excellence in their examinations.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, maybe that's the wrong one then. I found it the other day online but can't remember where. But yeah as I said I was told about it on the interview day :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, maybe that's the wrong one then. I found it the other day online but can't remember where. But yeah as I said I was told about it on the interview day :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That page is for international students. This one's for UK students: http://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/student-finance/2015/uk/funding/manchester-scholarships-bursaries/subject-specific-awards/

It sounds like you're talking about the "Faculty Undergraduate Entry Scholarship" (first one in the table). The School of Physics and Astronomy's funding page on their website just links to the one above so I guess you'd need to ask them if you want to find out more about it.
I'm applying for MMath Mathematics, hopefully I can get the three As :smile:

I have an interview upcoming, any tips or questions they're likely to ask?
I have an unconditional offer in MBS. See you guys in September!
After hearing from others, I think this is my firm choice! Maths and Physics - A*A*A is my offer, now to attain it! :smile:
Original post by Garmort
After hearing from others, I think this is my firm choice! Maths and Physics - A*A*A is my offer, now to attain it! :smile:

yaaaaaaay hopefully see you in september :biggrin: Im so excited, fell in love with the physics department on my interview day
Hello everyone.

Just got my conditional offer to go to the University of Manchester, studying Managment N201 :biggrin:

But, on my letter back it says this:

This offer is subject to you obtaining GCE A level
Grades AAB

You must provide evidence of your examinations within 2 weeks of publication.

Did anyone else get the second section to their conditional offer? I'm bewildered to what it means. Does it mean I have to send of proof of my GCSE's and AS Levels within 2 weeks, or does it mean I have to send off proof of my A Level results when I get them in August? Completely confused and I don't want to cock up my application!

I'm probably going to make Manchester my first choice. Apparently the nightlife is brilliant and the Madchester music scene suits me to a tee. Love Oasis, The Stone roses ect. Plus two great football teams!! I haven't actually visited the university yet, but from what I've read on here, it's ace.

If anyone could help me with my question, that would be great. Thanks
Original post by jac123rams
Hello everyone.

Just got my conditional offer to go to the University of Manchester, studying Managment N201 :biggrin:

But, on my letter back it says this:

This offer is subject to you obtaining GCE A level
Grades AAB

You must provide evidence of your examinations within 2 weeks of publication.

Did anyone else get the second section to their conditional offer? I'm bewildered to what it means. Does it mean I have to send of proof of my GCSE's and AS Levels within 2 weeks, or does it mean I have to send off proof of my A Level results when I get them in August? Completely confused and I don't want to cock up my application!

I'm probably going to make Manchester my first choice. Apparently the nightlife is brilliant and the Madchester music scene suits me to a tee. Love Oasis, The Stone roses ect. Plus two great football teams!! I haven't actually visited the university yet, but from what I've read on here, it's ace.

If anyone could help me with my question, that would be great. Thanks

Hey, congrats on your offer :biggrin:
I think what that second part means is that when you get your results in August, they should be sent off to the university in order to confirm your place at the uni. However, I think that we do not actually need to send off our results as the uni will know whether we have achieved the grade or not before we even get our results. You can even check if you got into the uni of choice before getting your results if you go on the UCAS check section on results day in the morning.

Manchester is probably my first choice uni too. I love the course and apparently the city is so lively and exciting, so I'm looking forward to that experience.
Does anyone have an interview for physics on the 19th February?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending