The Student Room Group

Studying BTEC and A-levels

Hi, My name is Olivia and i'm new on here.

I'm currently at college studying the BTEC applied science diploma alongside AS level Mathematics and AS level English. I got an A in both maths and English at GCSE however only C's in science, hence the reason for studying a BTEC at college.

I'm slightly worried about what university courses are available for me with the courses that I am currently studying. Does anyone have any ideas what course I would be able to do at university? I am hoping to achieve B's in maths and English and Distinctions in Applied science at the end of the two years.

Thankyou so much to anyone who replies
Original post by Olivia98hey
Hi, My name is Olivia and i'm new on here.

I'm currently at college studying the BTEC applied science diploma alongside AS level Mathematics and AS level English. I got an A in both maths and English at GCSE however only C's in science, hence the reason for studying a BTEC at college.

I'm slightly worried about what university courses are available for me with the courses that I am currently studying. Does anyone have any ideas what course I would be able to do at university? I am hoping to achieve B's in maths and English and Distinctions in Applied science at the end of the two years.

Thankyou so much to anyone who replies

You could look to read English, though a science/maths degree would perhaps be out of reach
A lot of unis are becoming more accepting of the BTEC course but you will cut off some of the upper echelon of universities with it. it's odd how you're kind of in a middle ground but i don't think a science degree is totally out of your reach, just that most unis want two science subjects if you do science. If you get to that point in the future, I suggest giving each uni a ring and ask them if they'd consider you for x course.

Good Luck!

Quick Reply

Latest