The Student Room Group

Feeling accepted in Britain (for ethnic minorities)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by queen-bee
It was just so shameful,like they would just say the word ethnic 10 times in a sentence on purpose as if to emphasise I'm inferior

i don't suppose they could actually spell ethnic
Original post by the bear
i don't suppose they could actually spell ethnic

Oh hi 5!!! They looked top notch tho with their expensive suits but probably just a couple of chavs living in estates hahaha
Original post by Tom_Ford
Tbh the Parisians just struck me as a bit sissy, French lads are shorter in general and they all look really slender compared to Brits and Germans. But whatever, I think they had a Napoleon complex.

Was that guy the type to wear Rayban glasses, a leather bag, skinny jeans and a hipster t-shirt? :colone:

Hmm, that's not untrue. He tried to act tough but he dropped that quickly.
Original post by jedanselemyia
Haha yeah right. I didn't even bother seeing it.

They are yes :h:

That's a shame. Same here with the Front National.

Because of the economic advantages?

I guess that's true. It depends on what kind of customs they were before the conversion to Islam.

Je deteste marine le pen. I can't wait to see what this March tomorrow has in store,thank god she won't be attending
Je deteste marine le pen. I can't wait to see what this March tomorrow has in store,thank god she won't be attending

You're right, hun! She's a *****

I bet she'll be there but I hope she'll get booed and thrown tomatoes at :colone:
Original post by jedanselemyia
You're right, hun! She's a *****

I bet she'll be there but I hope she'll get booed and thrown tomatoes at :colone:

She said she won't be anywhere she wasn't invited to and that she's an educated person
Hah,he slandered by mother,I'm sorry but I couldn't just walk away but I will take this into consideration and next time probably just walk away.

Ah getting down and dirty with an Iranian hahah,shaking her pom-poms all over you :tongue:
oh come on!! Middle Eastern girls aren't that scary. If I showed you the amount of nice looking exotic girls around Edgware road,who aren't all Muslims,you'd change your perspective.
You just have to make sure you have your pockets filled with money or gold :tongue: :redface:
I know,anyway i wouldn't mind marrying someone of European heritage if he respected me and my background,nothing like a dashing handsome blonde who is willing to learn Arabic and call me habibi all day bahahahaha

Plenty of studies online that ive looked at(including stats),there's just somehing about interracial relationships that make it difficult for some people to carry on. Also in my friendship circle,those who ended up marrying outside their race or even daying,are no longer with their partners as opposed to those who decided to just date their own race/kind. I remember I told you about my friend Sarah,she's passed down her words of wisdom about being careful when dating white men :tongue: so now I know what to look out for and danger signs that things may never work etc

Not so much,no. More like men who would like to date me desperately right now,which pretty much scares me to the extent they'd go to but that's not what I am looking for,so you'll be the first and last one on there. It makes me sound so rude but there's only one priority for me right now.Speaking of which,I expect your moral support on Friday,if possible,would be lovely,i still intend to surprise thee before then mwuahahah :colone::colondollar::cool:

Lol oh lol, mate, if there is anything I have learnt in certain places in London, is that if you are a 100% white man (and ok this is going to sound a bit cynical but we all know it is truth) then getting the ethnic minority woman is easy peasy (well, Arabs, Indians, Orientals). Even the average white guy that his own race ignore can score easy. Many want the white boyfriend to cover up their own insecurities, feeling accepted as it were. Was in a bar in Mayfair, Arab girl walks around the bar basically offering herself to various white men. Ignores the ethnics or ethnic looking ones - I think there is clear evidence of a complex among many. You see it here on TSR, Indian girls writing if white men like Indian girls, this insecurity you can see in front of you in real life. No man with self respect wants damaged goods.

Go to the UAE for example, whites are worshipped over there even though the Arab lads/girls would get treatment like you did in London. So hate to say it, but you know it is just a big circus.

I am mixed and don't go near many ethnic girls if I see any trace of this type of behaviour. It is just offputting. White girls, many people slate them, but I think they are actually (in my experience) the most open minded of all without racial self hating/insecure hang ups.
(edited 9 years ago)
^ I mean no offence with the post above, it is just a social observation of a large number of minority/mixed girls, they have got to be some of the most racially insecure around in terms of the population.
Original post by HigherMinion
Terrorism and rape gangs are culturally enriching too, right? How can our own culture be enriched when we're told to keep separate from those who come to continue their own cultures? All we are doing is diluting our own cultural values to accommodate for the alien ones.

I would have liked to “like” this post, but the system prevented me from doing so because apparently I'm not allowed to agree with you so often. I completely agree with this.
She said she won't be anywhere she wasn't invited to and that she's an educated person

Read an article about it and you're right!
Good.
I hope everything goes well. A lot of people I know are going to a marche so I hope it's safe.
Lol oh lol, mate, if there is anything I have learnt in certain places in London, is that if you are a 100% white man (and ok this is going to sound a bit cynical but we all know it is truth) then getting the ethnic minority woman is easy peasy (well, Arabs, Indians, Orientals). Even the average white guy that his own race ignore can score easy. Many want the white boyfriend to cover up their own insecurities, feeling accepted as it were. Was in a bar in Mayfair, Arab girl walks around the bar basically offering herself to various white men. Ignores the ethnics or ethnic looking ones - I think there is clear evidence of a complex among many. You see it here on TSR, Indian girls writing if white men like Indian girls, this insecurity you can see in front of you in real life. No man with self respect wants damaged goods.

Go to the UAE for example, whites are worshipped over there even though the Arab lads/girls would get treatment like you did in London. So hate to say it, but you know it is just a big circus.

I am mixed and don't go near many ethnic girls if I see any trace of this type of behaviour. It is just offputting. White girls, many people slate them, but I think they are actually (in my experience) the most open minded of all without racial self hating/insecure hang ups.

He was saying that it's extremely rare for him to speak/flirt with a Middle Eastern girl due to religious reasons most likely. I know many arab girls who would love to settle for a dashing blonde but at the same time,do you think I'm deaperate for a white guy or something? And I'm not the kind of girl to go around begging and hoping the next good looking white guy sees me in a club,my first ex was actually italian and I spent 6 years with him and I never used to think along the lines of i so badly want to date a british guy but as it stands at the moment,I do and he's an amazing person plus we are friends.
He was saying that it's extremely rare for him to speak/flirt with a Middle Eastern girl due to religious reasons most likely. I know many arab girls who would love to settle for a dashing blonde but at the same time,do you think I'm deaperate for a white guy or something? And I'm not the kind of girl to go around begging and hoping the next good looking white guy sees me in a club,my first ex was actually italian and I spent 6 years with him and I never used to think along the lines of i so badly want to date a british guy but as it stands at the moment,I do and he's an amazing person plus we are friends.

No, but I think many of your friends are likely to be. E.g. Sarah.
No, but I think many of your friends are likely to be. E.g. Sarah.

My friend Sarah had passed away but she was dating several white british guys and she preferred it that way even tho she realised it would never work. I think some girls like that kind of security that they think comes with dating natives(like a status move)
So today,I went out to the pharmacy to get some essentials etc and as I was walking back home I came across two guys who seemed to look normal at first sight. One of them then just suddenly came up to me and started asking questions about where i'm from and then went on to insult my background after I told him I was part middle eastern and part italian. He also blamed 'my people' for the Paris attack today and was rambling on and on,bearing in my mind this was in a shop and everyone could hear and see the harsh racist comments he was making. He said stuff like 'oh you will never be british,no matter what you or you people do to try to fit in'...
so after I left the store and got home, I started thinking further about what he was saying. I mean I may have been born here but I don't even feel british at all! I've never dated a fully british guy for this reason I guess. I mean, I follow a similar culture(drinking,partying,how I dress etc) but will ethnic minorities ever be accepted into british society?! Do those on this forum who were born into ethnic families feel like they are accepted or do you still feel like an outsider?

People like that shouldn't even be accepted into society in the first place.

Wouldn't let it get to you, a vast majority of people that go around insulting like that, are often the ones that're claiming job seekers (without actively seeking for a job), and just being a nuisance. Quite alike the people you'd see on Jeremy Kyle. Just ignore them and get on with your day.
(edited 9 years ago)
My friend Sarah had passed away but she was dating several white british guys and she preferred it that way even tho she realised it would never work. I think some girls like that kind of security that they think comes with dating natives(like a status move)

There is no status move... they are still ethnic when they walk out of the house without their bf. So what are they going to do, make sure they have their bf seen with them everytime they are out in public ? :lol: Besides, how do they know what the natives are thinking? Hence why they are damaged goods lol.

I remember a fellow mixed Chinese and white girl in the first year of university. In a social setting she had the nerve to ignore me and all the other ethnic males. She was not good looking, on a scale I am 3 points above her (we all have an ego :rolleyes: ) so that was why I was extra offended being only 19 and all (I am nearly 24 now). She was a 6 out of 10 at best and I had never been ignored like that before when I was not even interested in her sexually. We were in a circle right and she goes and introduces herself to every white person and then just quickly acknowledges me and shuts me out.
Subsequently we ignored her and she was wondering why we treated her like rubbish when she tried to make amends. We totally turned the social tide against her so to speak and tbh i have to be honest, it was bullying.

The white girls did not like her either as they can be territorial too obviously. But yeah, as I said before, white girls have always been more level headed in my experiences, good to be around.
Anyway, needless to say she ran around my white friend in my flat (who had a gf at home) like a fly to ****. Then ran around several other white males like fly to **** until she finally got a white male to take her seriously. It's when these girls obviously make so much effort to fit in with white males that they just seem like whores and a bit cheap, its that high energy fawning that really pisses me off. As someone from the same background (white and Chinese) it just makes your society look like it is not raising the females correctly with self-respect.
There is no status move... they are still ethnic when they walk out of the house without their bf. So what are they going to do, make sure they have their bf seen with them everytime they are out in public ? :lol: Besides, how do they know what the natives are thinking? Hence why they are damaged goods lol.

I remember a fellow mixed Chinese and white girl in the first year of university. In a social setting she had the nerve to ignore me and all the other ethnic males. She was not good looking, on a scale I am 3 points above her (we all have an ego :rolleyes: ) so that was why I was extra offended being only 19 and all (I am nearly 24 now). She was a 6 out of 10 at best and I had never been ignored like that before when I was not even interested in her sexually. We were in a circle right and she goes and introduces herself to every white person and then just quickly acknowledges me and shuts me out.
Subsequently we ignored her and she was wondering why we treated her like rubbish when she tried to make amends. We totally turned the social tide against her so to speak and tbh i have to be honest, it was bullying.

The white girls did not like her either as they can be territorial too obviously. But yeah, as I said before, white girls have always been more level headed in my experiences, good to be around.
Anyway, needless to say she ran around my white friend in my flat (who had a gf at home) like a fly to ****. Then ran around several other white males like fly to **** until she finally got a white male to take her seriously. It's when these girls obviously make so much effort to fit in with white males that they just seem like whores and a bit cheap, its that high energy fawning that really pisses me off. As someone from the same background (white and Chinese) it just makes your society look like it is not raising the females correctly with self-respect.

Well let be honest,most girls have no decency these day,just going around and taking off their knickers for the next good looking guy to walk through the door on a first date or one night stand.
But I know the type you're talking about,most arab girls wil go almost to all extremes in securing a good looking white male even tho for most of these girls who are full arabs;both parent are arabs) will never accept this but to them it's a lifetime achievement and it's something they would like to boast about to get their girlfriends jealous
Oh hi 5!!! They looked top notch tho with their expensive suits but probably just a couple of chavs living in estates hahaha

Estate agents probably.
Well let be honest,most girls have no decency these day,just going around and taking off their knickers for the next good looking guy to walk through the door on a first date or one night stand.
But I know the type you're talking about,most arab girls wil go almost to all extremes in securing a good looking white male even tho for most of these girls who are full arabs;both parent are arabs) will never accept this but to them it's a lifetime achievement and it's something they would like to boast about to get their girlfriends jealous

Can't turn a whore into a housewife. Girls for now, girls for later... nomwhati'msayin?

Shame a lot of desperate men do not understand this then complain when the girlfriend they met in a nightclub (lol) is with someone new :rolleyes:. So many morons.
Original post by Foo.mp3

Why?

UKIP are not as right wing/thugish as Front National

Chiefly, yes, plus some social/internationalist ones

I just think it's a shame resorting to extremism. But I don't know UKIP precisely.

Le Front National is a pool of toxic waste where chavs, extreme Catholics, NeoNazis, Royalists thrive.

As in welcoming people of certain countries to be on better terms with their homecountry?
Original post by Foo.mp3
You could, you can, and I do hope, for the sake of your dignity/soul (delete as appropriate) you shall do so; such demonstrations of composure et. civility are extremely mature/high minded/attractive, and really mark a lady out :top2:

Well, that is one way of putting it! :teehee:

It’s not them, it’s Middle Eastern men connected with them, that would deter me

Haha, no gold here :scrooge:

I doubt I’d ever learn more than the basics, I’m blonde like that :u:

Link?

According to whom? There’s nothing ‘rude’ about devotion, it’s quite charming when you encounter it really :daydreaming:

Why?

UKIP are not as right wing/thugish as Front National

Chiefly, yes, plus some social/internationalist ones

Ethno-cultural and religious reasons, yes. If it weren’t for the menfolk in those cultures/religions then I’d be more inclined to approach such women

Careful, you’ll give the chap a big head! :mmm:

In future,I will always be the bigger person in a heated situation :smile: am I lady enough now?

Hahah,I can shake my hips and ass better than she can shake those pom-poms :tongue:

You still hadn't answered my question but I think I know the dreaded answer :frown:

some of the men aren't happy,and in a way it is rude to constantly turn people down but the heart wants what the heart wants and I have no control over what my heart wants :smile: oh and it's definitely a prerequisite that he has to be willing to learn more than just a few words of Arabic,I managed to teach my ex fluently.
Unless she's a muslim,most middle eastern men wouldn't mind their daughters dating other men,especially westernised ones.
oh and honestly,I would never have thought about ever dating a white Brit before but it's crazy how certain people can have a huge effect on your life and I'm thankful for those people everyday :biggrin:

http://www.foryourmarriage.org/intercultural-marriage-making-it-work/

http://cholakovv.com/en/blog/2450

http://www.npr.org/2011/10/14/141235709/the-changing-face-of-seeing-race

https://aloftyexistence.wordpress.com/2010/11/18/interracial-marriage-and-divorce-the-study/
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending