The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paradoxicalme
I'm still buzzing so much :biggrin: I'm so happy that so many people from this thread have gotten offers! Makes me a bit emotional to think of it :') And to everyone who hasn't, you will go somewhere else amazing and do brilliant things, and a rejection is not a judgement on you as a person. They reject lots of people who would have done brilliantly there.

Hear, hear!
Reply 3561
Original post by okuyombenya
Just got the letter. I was rejected for Law at Fitzwilliam College. At least the wait is over.

Got rejected too, philosophy at Kings. At least we got the interview! I was kind of expecting it tbh. What is your second choice? Mine is York
Original post by CaitlinDy
I'M IN THE REJECTION CLUB!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm so sorry to hear that. You'll be a credit to whichever university you end up at.
Reply 3563
Original post by Minerva
What exactly did the letter say? Are you a medic?

Yep i am a medic :smile: The letter says " we have sufficient confidence in your potential.... we have recommended you for the colleges winter pool... no decision has yet been made, we shall let you know as soon as one is made"
Original post by tysonmaniac
Subject: Mathematics
College: Trinity
Outcome (and conditions): A*A (FM and Chemistry) and S1 in STEP II and III (any order)
How did you hear? Email
How do you feel? :smile:)))))))))))))))))) Seriously surprising considering that in the interview I said that a circle would have maximal area when its radius was 0. S offer is annoying but should not be tooooooooo hard (at least, that is what I tell myself)

Country / hometown: London

We can do it. Let the whole of tsr rain S's in STEP.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was pooled for English at Downing but ultimately unsuccessful in my application. I was 100% certain it would be a rejection, but the fact I was pooled made it even worse because its like the offer was just out of reach. Best of luck to everyone with interviews again, offer holders and fellow unsuccessful applicants.
Original post by Cholesta
My son got 7a* and 4a's during the death of his dad. Oxford rejected him. Would it be worthwhile taking a gap year and reapplying to Cambridge? Well done to you.������

[INDENT]Our son applied to Oxford last year and got rejected last year. Took a year out to think about the course he wanted to do, applied to Cambridge and has been offered an unconditional by his college of choice. He says the interviews were tougher at Cambridge, but the year out has allowed him to read around the subject and for him to really become passionate about what he wants to do. So yes, I would say its worth it. Best wishes to your son for next year.[/INDENT]

:smile:
Yes I heard today by letter

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mathemusician
Has anyone heard from Clare for maths? My letter didn't come...

Yes I heard today

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey...
Still no response from my college.
I applied for engineering. Getting doubts if it is a good sign when you are asked a lot of things about your PS?!?!?!?!
If anybody else is an offer holder for Gonville PM me and I can set up a Facebook group (everybody seems to be doing it)
Original post by Stressed dad

[INDENT]Our son applied to Oxford last year and got rejected last year. Took a year out to think about the course he wanted to do, applied to Cambridge and has been offered an unconditional by his college of choice. He says the interviews were tougher at Cambridge, but the year out has allowed him to read around the subject and for him to really become passionate about what he wants to do. So yes, I would say its worth it. Best wishes to your son for next year.[/INDENT]

:smile:

What did your son do? Apparently you need to be doing something constructive.
Original post by HeyThereHarry
Are offers through the pool normally made on the same grade conditions as offers made by the preference college?

Last year i got an AAA after being pooled to robinson as opposed to the A*A*A given by kings

Posted from TSR Mobile
The rest of us have to wait til Monday for the post to arrive so we can find out our outcomes
😓
Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually, he got himself a job, has been learning to drive and reading a lot. Cambridge did not ask him about the the gap year, they were simply interested in what reading he had been doing and whether he was passionate about the subject.
Original post by phoenix786
Mine was on the 16th so I wouldn't have met you. Isn't it simply surreal? Christ's had the most NatSci applicants this year :biggrin:

Surprised I made it thought directly to Christ's :redface:

Sorry to but in, but I'm on a gap year and just received an unconditional for nat sci and I'm not really doing anything constructive at all.
I'm working in a shop the majority of the time, doing 1 hour maths tutoring a week and did some extra reading back in summer, only 2 books though.
I don't think cambridge care too much about what you do on your gap year tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by whatacrydonnie
Good luck for tomorrow, I hope you are fortunate enough! Fingers crossed we'll both be doing them :biggrin:

Thank you! How did you get on? :smile:
Original post by Stressed dad
Actually, he got himself a job, has been learning to drive and reading a lot. Cambridge did not ask him about the the gap year, they were simply interested in what reading he had been doing and whether he was passionate about the subject.

That sounds very productive. Although my son was predicted 11a* he got 7a* and 4a's and Oxford said this was good but not outstanding. His dad had died when he was doing his exams. Most people would have failed, grr
Original post by BrainDrain
When you get in Ella ... keep thinking positive girl it works.

Thank you! I got an offer :biggrin: How did you get on? x

Latest

Trending

Trending