The Student Room Group

IGCSE Biology 7th Jan 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Paper 1 was way too difficult 😭 it was the hardest past paper..but hopefully I got some marks from paper 2 even though it was still kinda hard. How did you guys find it?
Reply 21
Paper 1 was way too difficult 😭 but hopefully I managed to get marks from paper 2 even though it was still kinda hard..how did you guys think it was?
Hi Lola,

Paper 1 I kind of just got through somehow. Paper 2 I completely agree it was intense.. So many graphs and I found there was no room for quick 1-2 markers.

What grade are you after?
Reply 23
Original post by biodesign
Hi Lola,

Paper 1 I kind of just got through somehow. Paper 2 I completely agree it was intense.. So many graphs and I found there was no room for quick 1-2 markers.

What grade are you after?

Exactly there was also so much about the fish farm :/ whats really scaring me though is paper 1..like I wanted a B but after I saw the paper I started hoping for a C. I hope they make the grade boundaries low so that a C is atleast a 78 or something :frown:
Well June 2013 a C was 78/180 and just looking through that I think this one was much harder!
78/180 for a C isn't too bad. I need a B or this was a waste. I wish you could access the questions from home sooner to check on things..im stressing until march :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you know the release date for March Martin? Well we both put lactose and similar things for fish farming, so I think we are on our ways to at least a B!
HaHa stupid log in name ..im actually a Martina :-)
The college gave me a letter today about result collection on 7th March by 4:30 or. they get posted

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by biodesign
Well June 2013 a C was 78/180 and just looking through that I think this one was much harder!

hopefully we may all get good marks , it is not . Treat it like a test ;/ we can still re-sit

You know in paper 1 i am completely struggling
Reply 29
Hi guys I replied to another thread about this too. I found paper 2 harder as the hour just flew by! I put nitrogen for the milk question and seriously doubting that one! What did you guys put for the water pollutant BOD question? I put milk just because it was the highest. I looked up as many answers as I could for both after and definitely got some wrong and some right. Im only after a C so really hope Ive done enough for that. X
Reply 30
Original post by Lolla82
Hi guys I replied to another thread about this too. I found paper 2 harder as the hour just flew by! I put nitrogen for the milk question and seriously doubting that one! What did you guys put for the water pollutant BOD question? I put milk just because it was the highest. I looked up as many answers as I could for both after and definitely got some wrong and some right. Im only after a C so really hope Ive done enough for that. X

I write milk as well but for the another one , i wrote protein because it said
' Biological Molecule ' Dont sure as well

Here it says about Protein on wiki
Proteins (/ˈprˌtnz/ or /ˈprti.ɨnz/) are large biological molecules, or macromolecules, consisting of one or more long chains of amino acid residues. Proteins perform a vast array of functions within living organisms, including catalyzing metabolic reactions, replicating DNA, responding to stimuli, and transporting molecules from one location to another. Proteins differ from one another primarily in their sequence of amino acids, which is dictated by the nucleotide sequence of their genes, and which usually results in folding of the protein into a specific three-dimensional structure that determines its activity.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 31
I think protein sounds like the right one didnt it say chemical rather than biological in question though? I forgot almost straight away a lot of it!! Id love to see the paper now and second guess my potential mark to prepare myself!(for the worst!)
Reply 32
Original post by martinismartini
So thats one of the ones i was rushing through..went for lactose which now sounds ridiculous...what did you put?

on the fish farm i put the 3 benefits as....
safety from predators
safety from young salmon being eaten by the larger ones which happens
steady large supply of food as they get fed and grow bigger.
How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote the same point but i am so afraid about this question
i put the keyword right
intraspecific predation but i write the explanation slighty wrong , i dont sure that give me 1 mark on that or not . i said it prevent the larger ones will eat the smaller one 's food
Reply 33
Original post by co2mymail
I wrote the same point but i am so afraid about this question
i put the keyword right
intraspecific predation but i write the explanation slighty wrong , i dont sure that give me 1 mark on that or not . i said it prevent the larger ones will eat the smaller one 's food

I struggled with this my brain wouldnt work!! I put about predators and then some really rubbish answers as my mind went blank - something about stopping things from floating on top and I cant even remember the third point so definitely not expecting top marks! I had sinisitus so was really hard to focus on this paper.

How did you guys draw the graph?
oh my....the age/energy kilojoule graph?
As soon as I plotted evertything i realised i completley messed up...i put the ages along the bottom and kilojoules up ! instead of a standard curve i got a )
I still managed to interpret the data to anwser further q's but made a note in the margin explaining i realised my mistake and hope i get a kind examiner!
also im worried about about anwsers being wrong due to any question misreading...it was was way to fast
Reply 36
Original post by Lolla82
I think protein sounds like the right one didnt it say chemical rather than biological in question though? I forgot almost straight away a lot of it!! Id love to see the paper now and second guess my potential mark to prepare myself!(for the worst!)

i am 100% sure it say biological i think nitrogen you may get the mark as well . since nitrogen is a component of protein
Reply 37
Guys , i am serious i think there is no need for worrying on this paper because we cant change anything . Anyway , i am struggling in paper 1 so i think i may resit - -

I honestly think no one do worse than mine
Reply 38
Original post by martinismartini
oh my....the age/energy kilojoule graph?
As soon as I plotted evertything i realised i completley messed up...i put the ages along the bottom and kilojoules up ! instead of a standard curve i got a )
I still managed to interpret the data to anwser further q's but made a note in the margin explaining i realised my mistake and hope i get a kind examiner!

I initially did the graph this way!!! Luckily had time to erase and redo.

Original post by co2mymail
Guys , i am serious i think there is no need for worrying on this paper because we cant change anything . Anyway , i am struggling in paper 1 so i think i may resit - -

I honestly think no one do worse than mine

It just fees like so long to wait doesn't it I already have a plan B in place just to prepare myself. What do you feel least confident about in paper1?
Im struggling to remember parts of paper 1 but was the independant experiment on leaf miners in there? i filled the page but really just paragraphs without specific numbers, checks. just description of what id do using quadrants /frames to count numbers before/after pheromone trap.

What are you worried about??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending