The Student Room Group

Electrical Electronic or Electronic Information?

Hey everyone, I really want to study Electrical and Electronic Engineering or Electronic and Information Engineering at Imperial College London. However, I'm unsure of what to choose.

As a career, I would like to work in a consumer electronics company as a Hardware Engineer/Architect and I'm unsure of which degree would give me a better chance at achieving this.

Can anyone give me any advice? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

The course links are here:
EEE: http://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/courses/electrical-engineering-department/electrical-electronic-engineering/
EIE: http://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/courses/electrical-engineering-department/electronic-information-engineering/
The first one would be best to become an engineer.
Reply 2
Original post by asmuse123
The first one would be best to become an engineer.

Sorry, what do you mean by that? I want to work in design, is that the same thing?
Original post by SaiDuc
Sorry, what do you mean by that? I want to work in design, is that the same thing?

Well, you said you wanted to be a Hardware Engineer and Electrical and Electronic Engineering would be better for that. But Information Engineering seems like it would be better for software and Big Data.
Reply 4
Original post by asmuse123
Well, you said you wanted to be a Hardware Engineer and Electrical and Electronic Engineering would be better for that. But Information Engineering seems like it would be better for software and Big Data.

Oh, right, Thanks! I've done some more research and looked into the exact modules offered on each course and have decided I'm going to go for EEE like you said.

Thanks again for your advice, it really helped!
Original post by SaiDuc
Oh, right, Thanks! I've done some more research and looked into the exact modules offered on each course and have decided I'm going to go for EEE like you said.

Thanks again for your advice, it really helped!

You're welcome! :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest