The Student Room Group

My bf called another girl cute and...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Damien_Dalgaard
Did I detect iambic pentameter in your prose?

Is the tree on fire?
My boyfriend has called a girl cute before; the last thing it made me think was 'interested'.
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
I reckon there must be more to it, you should of asked him why he wanted to know what you thought of her.

Sounds kind of strange hehe

Maybe he does want a threesome?

I asked him that and he said it was just a random question :s-smilie:

I seriously doubt that he would want a threesome, we've not even had sex yet and he said he didn't really like the idea of threesomes haha:tongue:
Original post by Anonymous
I asked him that and he said it was just a random question :s-smilie:

I seriously doubt that he would want a threesome, we've not even had sex yet and he said he didn't really like the idea of threesomes haha:tongue:

Lol sorry, I just can't see why he'd ask that / say that.

Would you be open to it? :wink: ahah jk (you don't have to answer that)
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
Lol sorry, I just can't see why he'd ask that / say that.

Would you be open to it? :wink: ahah jk (you don't have to answer that)

I don't think I'd ever be able to take part in a threesome unless it was someone I didn't care about or I'd just get really jealous :ashamed2: I hate being jealous but I really can't help it:frown:

I dont get why he asked either!:confused:
Original post by Maestosa
My boyfriend has called a girl cute before; the last thing it made me think was 'interested'.

I don't have a problem with him thinking girls are cute, I'd just rather he didnt say it to me
I don't have a problem with him thinking girls are cute, I'd just rather he didnt say it to me

My boyfriend said it to me. Actually he said she was 'really cute'. I think how we interpret these things depends a lot on how secure we feel in the relationship generally and that need not match up to what they actually meant.
Reply 27
Don't curb freedom of speech, girls.
Reply 28
Original post by bittr n swt
I find it strange for him to ask you what you thought of her then go on to say she's cute....wtf

We may not be sensitive at times but that's stupid of him.

I totally agree. :lol: Who the hell would ask his girlfriend what she thought of another girl and then say "she's pretty, eh?". What a weird relationship.

(That could be understandable if the girl was his celebrity crush... but an old friend? :tongue: mmmm).
No idea, he randomly messaged me asking what I'd rate her and stuff :/ I'm worried to post too much info just in case he sees this post as he knows I'm on TSR

Don't be afraid of him seeing how you feel and don't feel like you need to pretend it didn't bother you. Honestly, I think that whole situation seems kind of strange... do you think he might have been trying to make you jealous? That's the kind of thing I'd imagine a guy to do if he was rejected by the cute girl and still liked her or something.
Lots of people (cough especially men) like discussing whether people (cough girls) are attractive in general. It's not necessarily weird.

Edit: the 'ratings' thing in particular tends to appear in these just-for-fun conversations.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by MuchoDesperado
Don't be afraid of him seeing how you feel and don't feel like you need to pretend it didn't bother you. Honestly, I think that whole situation seems kind of strange... do you think he might have been trying to make you jealous? That's the kind of thing I'd imagine a guy to do if he was rejected by the cute girl and still liked her or something.

I found it strange too! But no they weren't close at all, she was kinda a friend of a friend. At first I thought he was trying to make me jealous but I don't see why he would as he doesnt usually do that:s-smilie: I still don't really understand the point of it, but I'm over it now that I talked to him about it:smile:
I found it strange too! But no they weren't close at all, she was kinda a friend of a friend. At first I thought he was trying to make me jealous but I don't see why he would as he doesnt usually do that:s-smilie: I still don't really understand the point of it, but I'm over it now that I talked to him about it:smile:

Well, so long as you're okay! I just can't understand it myself ha. I'm sure you know him better than any of us anyway :smile:
Original post by Jenn.
I totally agree. :lol: Who the hell would ask his girlfriend what she thought of another girl and then say "she's pretty, eh?". What a weird relationship.

(That could be understandable if the girl was his celebrity crush... but an old friend? :tongue: mmmm).

Celebrity crushes I can understand, we all have our celeb crushes!:biggrin:
I think it was the fact that she was our age, pretty, and he could get her easily if he wanted that made me thing negatively if you see what I mean

Also, thank you everyone for the responses. I thought that most would disagree with me, and I also thought that I was being over-sensitive, but it's reassuring to see people agree with me :smile:
Well, so long as you're okay! I just can't understand it myself ha. I'm sure you know him better than any of us anyway :smile:

He's a weird guy haha!:rolleyes:
He's a weird guy haha!:rolleyes:

Weirdos make the best boyfriends/people to be around :wink:
Weirdos make the best boyfriends/people to be around :wink:

Definitely agree! I can be really weird myself so we're definitely a match :biggrin:
Original post by zippity.doodah
you girls are so weird...

Yeah... So are guys, everyone is weird somehow. It would be more weird to be perfectly normal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zKlown
Is the tree on fire?

aw fk
A guy noticing a another girl's attractiveness is normal, however it's a bit odd to ask you about it so I'm going with the theory in this post...

Original post by DanB1991
Maybe he's wanting a three way?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending