The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LutherVan
Okay, based on what you stated then KCL is better than Warwick.

KCL has been around longer, has a better reputation than Warwick with academics, employers and even Oxbridge students. KCL also has a far stronger alumni and gets more funding from corporations and donors. KCL is more reputable locally and internationally.

KCL recently stated a fundraising campaign to raise £500m (which was the 3rd highest campaign behind Oxbridge) and raised it so fast, they had to increase it to £600m.

Warwick on the other hand tried to raise £50m but has completely failed in even reaching that.

http://www.nairaland.com/141689/rough-guide-best-most-reputable/9#24401696

Surely if Warwick is more prestigious, they would find corporations and donors eager to give them money to do research? KCL raised EASILY more than 10 times what Warwick is struggling to raise.

KCL graduates have better job prospects than Warwick graduates as 81.8% of KCL students get jobs after 6 months or move to postgraduate studies. The figure for Warwick is 77.7%.

Also the average graduate starting salaries of KCL is one of the top 5 amongst the UK's major universities and probably £1,500 more than the average Warwick graduate commands.

So more KCL students are getting employed and being most are being paid more than Warwick students.

Obviously KCL is better then based on your own factors?

do you have a life? warwick is ranked as the most employable by the times, and again has not even existed for half a century yet. give it another 10 years. paid more? heard of ib? do kings get more students into ib than warwick? youre smoking some good stuff if you think kcl is seen as better than warwick, some really good stuff, im not going to argue something blatant, at least provide me with a proper debate than crap like kings is seen as a better uni with employers.
Original post by welcometoib
do you have a life? warwick is ranked as the most employable by the times, and again has not even existed for half a century yet. give it another 10 years. paid more? heard of ib? do kings get more students into ib than warwick? youre smoking some good stuff if you think kcl is seen as better than warwick, some really good stuff, im not going to argue something blatant, at least provide me with a proper debate than crap like kings is seen as a better uni with employers.

Can you show where the times ranked Warwick as the most employable?

What data did they use to come to that conclusion?

So you think Warwick is going to be better in 10 years? Despite not having the funds?

So all Warwick students go into IB? Or IB is the only industry that matters in job prospects?

I have given you data, based on the factors you gave, that shows KCL is better.

So more KCL students are getting employed and most are being paid more than Warwick students.

When surveyed, KCL is ranked as more prestiguous than Warwick by academics, employers and students from the best universities in the UK and across the world. It has better alumni, is better funded and it has a better brand.

So can you now see that even based on your own criteria, Warwick is not as good as KCL?
(edited 9 years ago)
n

So you think Warwick is going to be better in 10 years? Despite not having the funds?

So all Warwick students go into IB? Or IB is the only industry that matters in job prospects?

So more KCL students are getting employed and most are being paid more than Warwick students.

When surveyed, KCL is ranked as more prestiguous than Warwick by academics, employers and students from the best universities in the UK and across the world. It has better alumni, is better funded and it has a better brand.

So can you now see that even based on your own criteria, Warwick is not as good as KCL?

you can lead a donkey to water but cant make it drink.

Ok sir, you've been on this site for years making sad long posts like this, kings over warwick.
n

you can lead a donkey to water but cant make it drink.

Ok sir, you've been on this site for years making sad long posts like this, kings over warwick.

I hope you realise this is not a valid argument of how Warwick is better?

are you paid? I remember a thread from years ago where you were defending kcl over warwick, are you feeling ok?

No, in 10 years even kcl alumni will have their heads out their backsides, warwick is already miles ahead. Kings is the most overrated in this country.

How can you compare alumni when warwicks been around for 49 years, that's quite stupid and then you wonder why I think youre on the mary j?

Youre saying kcl students earn more, im asking you why then in the most prestigious profession and competitive one, despite being in London, kcl gets to the back of the line? answer please? consulting? anything finance related? kings students put your hands up? no?

Warwick is fighting with ucl for attention, not looking backwards at kcl, kcl fights with other good unis but not warwick. End of argument, make a poll on here if you wish, most intelligent people on tsr who apply to both, I think you and I both know which uni would be chosen.
are you paid? I remember a thread from years ago where you were defending kcl over warwick, are you feeling ok?

No, in 10 years even kcl alumni will have their heads out their backsides, warwick is already miles ahead. Kings is the most overrated in this country.

How can you compare alumni when warwicks been around for 49 years, that's quite stupid and then you wonder why I think youre on the mary j?

Youre saying kcl students earn more, im asking you why then in the most prestigious profession and competitive one, despite being in London, kcl gets to the back of the line? answer please? consulting? anything finance related? kings students put your hands up? no?

Warwick is fighting with ucl for attention, not looking backwards at kcl, kcl fights with other good unis but not warwick. End of argument, make a poll on here if you wish, most intelligent people on tsr who apply to both, I think you and I both know which uni would be chosen.

In short, KCL is better for research strength and has a better international reputation. Warwick is better for teaching, and has a better UK reputation, and brighter students. Of the two, Warwick is a notch better. Employers certainly prefer it over KCL.

I have already explained that KCL is not competiting in the finance sector. It beats Warwick generally for employment.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3001705&page=21&p=52672901#post52672901

The reality is that:

Strand Poly has just beaten Warwick in the recent REF assessment, which means it would command far more research funding than Warwick for the next 5 years.

Strand Poly currently has an annual income of £603.6, Warwick's annual income is £459.6. That is 30% more than Warwick at the moment.

Strand Poly has just raised £500m for research and is on target to make this £600m, Warwick has failed in raising a mere £50m. That is more than 10 times what Warwick is incapable of raising

Strand Poly has an endowment of £162m, Warwick's endowment is £8.1m. That is 20 times what Warwick has.

And you are arguing that Warwick would beat KCL and become Harvard in the next 10 years? With what funding? You think Warwick would be better than a better funded university?:rolleyes:

An intelligent person is aware he can't predict the future but based on the main drivers of prestige success in the education sector, i.e. finance and research power, one can speculate which of the two is most likely going to be better than it is now in future.

Even a mere Nigerian high school has a higher endowment than Warwick.

http://www.nairaland.com/141689/rough-guide-best-most-reputable/6#7429098

Funnily enough, it has the same name as the university that is better than Warwick. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

If Strand Poly graduates are not getting the most prestiguous jobs, how come they make SIGNIFICANTLY more on average than Warwick students?:biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
I asked a uni student internationally about which uk unis they knew:

Super anecdotal but:

Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial, King's, York, Warwick, Hull, Cardiff
Only the less-informed, somewhat ignorant or clueless individuals would think King's is superior to Warwick.
Warwick is much better than Bath and KCL.

Posted from TSR Mobile
By any standard, KCL is a good university, and a prestigious one at that. However, the teaching isn't Top 10 standard IMO.
Original post by donutellme

Posted from TSR Mobile

Incorrect. Warwick is wafer thin better than Bath, and barely any more better than KCL.
Original post by Hollywood Hogan
Incorrect. Warwick is wafer thin better than Bath, and barely any more better than KCL.

Still better though :P

I would say in terms of reputation: Warwick > KCL > Baths

Prestige (international): KCL > Warwick > Bath

Prestige (domestic): Warwick > KCL > Bath

Teaching: Warwick > Bath > KCL

Bath has a slightly better UK rep than KCL.
Original post by Mr. Roxas
Only the less-informed, somewhat ignorant or clueless individuals would think King's is superior to Warwick.

Why don't you explain why KCL is not superior?

Bath has a slightly better UK rep than KCL.

How?
(edited 9 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Under what basis did you make that conclusion?

How did you conclude Warwick's reputation or Prestige (domestic) is better than KCL's?
(edited 9 years ago)
Why don't you explain why KCL is not superior?

How?

It just does, Law is the only exception where KCL rules most unis. To get into Bath you need AAA/A*AA realistically.
It just does, Law is the only exception where KCL rules most unis. To get into Bath you need AAA/A*AA realistically.

It just does?:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

There is one thing to troll, it is something different to do it unintelligently.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
It just does?:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

There is one thing to troll, it is something different to do it unintelligently.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Bath doesn't accept students in with lower grades. I'm much older than you I am guessing.
Bath doesn't accept students in with lower grades. I'm much older than you I am guessing.

CCC and the ability to kick a ball.

http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/ug/prospectus/subject/sport-performance/entry-requirements/

Latest