The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mmmaaattt
Offer from Emmanuel for MML!!!!!!

Congraaaaaaaats! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stressed dad
Sorry for your loss. Our son got very similar to your son at GCSE. All I can say is that it was tough last year when he did not get into Oxford, especially as he had offers from other good universities, but he decided that taking a year out would be worth it. And as it turns out, it was well worth it. I think the pressure on these young people to choose courses so quickly is difficult on them. Having some time ti really think about what they want to do and then being able to prepare properly really does help. Hope it all goes well for you if your son decides a gap year is the right thing to do. It certainly was the best thing for our son.

Well he's going to ask for feedback. The prof at first interview said that he hopefully would discuss again something my son asked him. That sounded promising so it must have been the second interview that didn't go well.
Original post by SophieKitching
Haha, glad it is not just me! :smile: I'm physical (well, chemistry really but chemical isn't an option!) :wink: xx

Ah it's so exciting to meet someone the same! xx
Original post by BrainDrain
What did I tell you last night Ella ... think positive girl ... and guess what it worked .... well done!!!

Thank you so much!!! How did you get on?!
Original post by whatacrydonnie
Rejected unfortunately :frown: how about you?

I got an offer - so sorry to hear, I'm sure it's their loss :frown:
Original post by ianna.andreea
Omg, seriously?! Me too!! Congrats on your offer btw

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah cool - you too! :smile:
Original post by EllaJayne
Ah cool - you too! :smile:

I didn't get an offer.
Actually I didn't get my envelope yet, I'm from Europe so I presume it'll take some time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I didn't get an offer.
Actually I didn't get my envelope yet, I'm from Europe so I presume it'll take some time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :smile: You'll have to let me know! Good luck! x
Original post by Sp44
Got rejected by clare, but got put into the winter pool for medicine. I was not expecting an offer as my BMAT was shocking, but is it a good sign that clare has pooled me? (clare being a highly regarded college at Cambridge)

Lol
Ohh! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :smile: You'll have to let me know! Good luck! x

Thank you, I'll need that. I'll let you and the rest of the world know, either it'll be bragging or crying. :colone::holmes::ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you, I'll need that. I'll let you and the rest of the world know, either it'll be bragging or crying. :colone::holmes::ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good Luckkkkkkk!
I got an offer - so sorry to hear, I'm sure it's their loss :frown:

Well done you! It probably isn't, otherwise they would've given me an offer :tongue:
Reply 3612
Original post by Sp44
Yep i am a medic :smile: The letter says " we have sufficient confidence in your potential.... we have recommended you for the colleges winter pool... no decision has yet been made, we shall let you know as soon as one is made"
It would appear that you are in the Pool for an open offer - see the first post of this thread for an explanation of what this means.
Original post by paradoxicalme
I'm still buzzing so much :biggrin: I'm so happy that so many people from this thread have gotten offers! Makes me a bit emotional to think of it :') And to everyone who hasn't, you will go somewhere else amazing and do brilliant things, and a rejection is not a judgement on you as a person. They reject lots of people who would have done brilliantly there.

Yeah, it's like almost as many people as possible from TSR got offers. We must be like 150 of the 16,000 applicants, but made up a larger proportion of the 3000ish that get offers, which is really pleasing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elcor
Yeah, it's like almost as many people as possible from TSR got offers. We must be like 150 of the 16,000 applicants, but made up a larger proportion of the 3000ish that get offers, which is really pleasing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you considered that all those on TSR that got rejected haven't announced it ? :tongue:

I got rejected btw :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elcor

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was thinking of matching up the list of top posters (in the MKI and MKII threads) against offers...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BP_Tranquility
Have you considered that all those on TSR that got rejected haven't announced it ? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

True, but there are quite a lot of people who hang around all the time who've gotten in :smile:

The bastards! I'm really sorry :frown: Where are you thinking of now? Three of my friends have been rejected too; they're off to York and Bath and 'wherever takes me' (Vet applicant :tongue:)
Original post by BP_Tranquility

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry to hear that dude. :frown: I know it will sting at first but over time you'll come up with some brilliant plans for your future and I'm sure you have an interesting life ahead . Any ideas of where you'll go?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
I was thinking of matching up the list of top posters (in the MKI and MKII threads) against offers...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would be interesting. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cons of living in a village; the postal services decide wind is a threat and don't deliver mail.

looks like it's Monday for me. fab.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending