The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by ozzyoscy
And there's all the random nobodies who would be on the barebones roster page for months, show up for one match then never appear again, like Johnny Parisi.

Exactly.

Remember Matt Morgan? He was part of Team Lesnar at Survivor Series 2003, and then he was basically never seen again!
Original post by Mackay
Exactly.

Remember Matt Morgan? He was part of Team Lesnar at Survivor Series 2003, and then he was basically never seen again!

Yes, part of team BEAST which must've been Vince's wet dream. Bad 'writing' existed then too, they gave him a stutter and that was it, then they 'had nothing for him' and got rid of him like all the rest.

TNA have been really good at pushing WWE rejects sometimes like Matt Morgan and Bubba Ray (as a singles). They made Matt believable, always so close to winning the title, but then they didn't give him the title at all and he left.
Reply 142
Yes, part of team BEAST which must've been Vince's wet dream. Bad 'writing' existed then too, they gave him a stutter and that was it, then they 'had nothing for him' and got rid of him like all the rest.

TNA have been really good at pushing WWE rejects sometimes like Matt Morgan and Bubba Ray (as a singles). They made Matt believable, always so close to winning the title, but then they didn't give him the title at all and he left.

Bully Ray took on a new lease of life in TNA, yeah.

All that talk of the Dudley Boyz being re-signed to WWE and competing as a tag-team again blew up a few months back but has gone eerily quiet. Quite a shame really. They could rejuvenate a stuttering division.
Original post by Mackay
Bully Ray took on a new lease of life in TNA, yeah.

All that talk of the Dudley Boyz being re-signed to WWE and competing as a tag-team again blew up a few months back but has gone eerily quiet. Quite a shame really. They could rejuvenate a stuttering division.

I saw they reunited and had a match or two with a reunited Hardys for TNA still, should've done that a couple of years ago. TNA never should've got rid of D-von in the first place, he can be singles too. Reverend D-Von must be the most popular, shortest-lived gimmick ever. That or pirate Burchill.
Reply 144
Reverend D-Von must be the most popular, shortest-lived gimmick ever. That or pirate Burchill.

Charlie Haas impersonating everyone.

Stone Stole Steve Haastin. Haas Hogan. Bret Haas. Jim Haas. The Great Charli.
I really really really want the big show to just leave or retire.

Hes boring, can easily be predicted (especially when turning heel) and just a slow old has been IMO
Original post by quaderat
Yes, heels are not what they used to be. HHH heel turn in 2002 was so much better than his more recent one in 2013 and it is sad to think that John Cena was once an epic heel in 2003. Wrestling has become too politically correct.

Watching Smackdown at the moment, and a Big Show promo vid comes on -_-
Seems like WWE are trying to integrate Divas' husbands into their wrestling and promos, especially with Total Divas so people can see what theyre like.

Naomi saying she will go Uso-crazy. Brie with the yes movement, more examples i cant remember
He has had some good promos in the past eg his one vs Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series 2002. However, he is not the best worker by any means. What I hate is the way they have made Edge and Christian decay and downgraded Randy Orton to henchmen before he left to shoot a movie. I mean that whole Seth Rollins 'curbstomp' (least effective move since Scott 2 Hotty's worm) on Edge's head is so unconvincing. This is the Edge character who outsmarted everyone from Batista to Undertaker. To script Edge into being a hostage is distasteful.

Excellent promos to watch are

1) Eddie Guerrero vs Brock Lesnar No Way Out 2004, probably the most inspiring thing ever.

2) HBK vs HHH any time from 2002 to 2006 when they reunited.

3) HHH vs Jericho Wrestlemania 2002.

4) John Cena vs Undertaker 2003 Judgement Day I believe.

5) Austin vs Rock. Wrestlemania 17.

What do you think of CM Punk's signing to UFC? Personally, I like CM Punk and I am Straight Edge too. However, he is most likely going to get raped in UFC.

Sorry to skip to the end, but I would much rather see him in WWE (obviously). Ive missed WWE from 2008 unti Battleground this year. Seen a few promos of Punk on mic and man i love his i dont stand for this ethic.

And I agree, complains about poor health at WWE so joins UFC? Hes hardly known for fighting or strength, but more for being a rebel, his promos and ego/attitude.

Id say im straight edge too, i.e. i dont smoke drink or do drugs :tongue:

What else does straight edge mean exactly?
Lol Total Diva's is profoundly retarded. To think the time they take up, could have (once at least) been used to have matches between legends like Kurt Angle and RVD. The Total Diva's is so awful, it could have been written by Vince Russo.

I see Russo's name everywhere, and always read it as Rusev or Uso lol. Who exactly is he?
Reply 150
Original post by heavyhandscott
I really really really want the big show to just leave or retire.

Hes boring, can easily be predicted (especially when turning heel) and just a slow old has been IMO

He's had too many turns between face and heel to be relevant anymore, unfortunately.
Reply 151

What else does straight edge mean exactly?

Vegan, no promiscuous sex etc.

Lol Total Diva's is profoundly retarded. To think the time they take up, could have (once at least) been used to have matches between legends like Kurt Angle and RVD. The Total Diva's is so awful, it could have been written by Vince Russo.

This.
I see Russo's name everywhere, and always read it as Rusev or Uso lol. Who exactly is he?

He was one of the writers for WWF during the Attitude Era, and jumped to ship to WCW. In WWF, Vince had last say on everything so more of his good stuff was used and less of his stupid stuff. In WCW he had free reign and helped destroy WCW. He then got hired by TNA along with the rest of WCW and destroyed them too. He's known for writing storylines and heel/face turns only to trick the viewer, rather than for a reason.

A made up example: he'll have a world title match between Stone Cold and Shawn Michaels with Triple H as ref, Triple H is expected to screw Austin and help his friend Shawn win, so he'll have Triple H pedigree HBK and give Austin the win and the title because people wouldn't expect it. A 'swerve'. Then on the next Raw they'll have a rematch, the ref will go down HBK will get a chair to whack Austin and cheat a win, but Triple H will come out as if to save the day, so he'll have Triple H take the chair and hit Austin with it, HBK will pin him, then they'll say it was the plan all along even though it makes no sense.

Then the next week Russo will have Gillberg win it for a week because no one will see it coming.

He's hated by everyone in the business who didn't have him wrapped around their finger.
Reply 153

Who do you think is going to be booked to win The Royal Rumble 2015? I think it will probably be Daniel Bryan as he was cheated last year, by poor writers who thought Batista (not a bad worker but not a reliable one either) would be better to write in. Roman Reigns is a possibility but he might be better as a money in the bank winner.

Expecting one of Reigns, Bryan or Ziggler.
Reply 154

A made up example: he'll have a world title match between Stone Cold and Shawn Michaels with Triple H as ref, Triple H is expected to screw Austin and help his friend Shawn win, so he'll have Triple H pedigree HBK and give Austin the win and the title because people wouldn't expect it. A 'swerve'. Then on the next Raw they'll have a rematch, the ref will go down HBK will get a chair to whack Austin and cheat a win, but Triple H will come out as if to save the day, so he'll have Triple H take the chair and hit Austin with it, HBK will pin him, then they'll say it was the plan all along even though it makes no sense.

Genuinely surprised this never happened. Not the Gillberg part, though.
Original post by Mackay
I don’t think we should go back to the brand extension again mainly because it’s part of the reason WWE is in the mess it’s in: too many minor wrestlers nobody cares about in throwaway storylines.

The first thing WWE should do is move to cut RAW back to merely two hours.

The brand split is the reason why Smackdown stopped being a major show. It was a major show during the turn of the century and the start of the brand split, but Raw got focus for obvious reasons. Nothing good can ever stay on Smackdown.

But at least Smackdown was a watchable show then. Now it seems like a watered down version of Raw.
Reply 156
Original post by K1NG93
But at least Smackdown was a watchable show then. Now it seems like a watered down version of Raw.

Definitely. It was better than RAW for a while (2003, especially).

Mainly due to Heyman's presence and booking, admittedly.
Original post by K1NG93

It was watchable at the start of the brand split, before the long-term effects of the brand split took hold i.e. making and keeping Smackdown weak so Raw was as strong as possible.
Reply 158
It was watchable at the start of the brand split, before the long-term effects of the brand split took hold i.e. making and keeping Smackdown weak so Raw was as strong as possible.

Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Chavo Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, Edge, Brock Lesnar and his ascension, Big Show, Undertaker.

Smackdown felt special.
Reply 159
There was a time where people preferred Smackdown over Raw.

Quick Reply

Latest