The Student Room Group

Who are the slowest offer senders?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by upendatom
UCL is known for being very slow, but they gave me an offer in under 3 weeks

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got mine less than 2 weeks before the first lecture. Masters, though - so prolly less priority than undergrads.
Back in 2009/2010 (blimey I applied for university 5 years ago) for Ancient History and History the two slowest were Nottingham and Exeter. Nottingham came last and offered me a place on a different course after saying that AHH was full.
Managed to get an offer from Manchester on the day of them receiving my application, but I did say I was going to live at home so maybe that had something to do with it. I'm waiting for Nottingham, they've had my application for just under 3 weeks. Christmas did kind of get in the way
Reply 23
Imperial College is definitely the slowest one. I sent my UCAS application on the 20th of September and still haven't heard anything from them apart from acknowledgment!!
Haven't received anything from Imperial College,UCL and Leeds since November... lol
Leeds Beckett
been waiting since 12th December
all other chooses got back to me
Reply 26
Bristol! Its the only uni I haven't heard back from for Geography Bsc with year abroad
Southampton Solent for an interview and york St. John were the slowest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Imranfr0
Haven't received anything from Imperial College,UCL and Leeds since November... lol

Still not? That's bizarre... especially for UCL.
Cambridge takes ages.
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
Bristol has always had a reputation for being slow to send out offers, and I haven't seen anything this year to suggest they won't be slow again!

I got mine in 9 days.
Original post by Chlorophile
Still not? That's bizarre... especially for UCL.

I know! It is really frustrating... :frown:
Original post by Imranfr0
I know! It is really frustrating... :frown:

Well I really hope you hear back as soon as possible. Let us know on the Earth Sciences thread when you do :smile:
Original post by morgan8002
I got mine in 9 days.

Obviously they really liked your application then :smile: I do know of other people who are still waiting though.
Reply 34
been waiting on bristol for Maths since Mid october!
Got my offers from Warwick, Bristol and Nottingham before Christmas and I didn't apply until after late November, so I'm guessing they are quite quick. York was the first day back in January. Only one I've not heard from yet is UCL...so of the ones I've chosen, they're the slowest. :tongue: It probably depends on the course as well though - I applied for joint honours English/Philosophy at the other unis, but straight English at UCL, which may be more oversubscribed.
Still waiting on St Andrews, Edinburgh and SOAS for Persian....and I applied in October!:eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Still waiting for all 5! It's been a month now!
Reply 38
Exeter and Hertfordshire are taking the longest for me.

Quite surprised Hertfordshire is taking a long time because they have the lowest entry requirements out of all the universities I applied for :rofl:
Northumbria are crazy slow and teesside also wait a lifetime to give out offers after interview 😴

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending