The Student Room Group

TSR Catholic Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7140
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Sorry I am only replying this now - read it on my phone and thought "must reply this on laptop later" and then of course forgot, typical TLG style :colondollar:

Sometimes a hiatus is good - as you know, I rarely attend church these days for health reasons. Sometimes one needs to take time out to be able to go back and participate properly. I think that's a really nice NY resolution and I wish you all the luck in the world :lovehug: Don't push yourself or be too hard on yourself though: if you can't go, you can't go! Some weeks will be better than others. I hope and pray it's a fruitful journey for you. Remember the Holy Spirit is always with you :smile:

that sounds really spiritual :P and yeah my parents want us kids to go to mass everyday and we definitely cannot miss saturday and sunday mass as its A MUST!! :tongue:
Original post by pram
that sounds really spiritual :P and yeah my parents want us kids to go to mass everyday and we definitely cannot miss saturday and sunday mass as its A MUST!! :tongue:

We used to go to Sunday Mass pretty much every week without fail whilst we were growing up. Then my sisters fell away from the faith gradually, and I became ill. Now it's only my mum who goes and she doesn't go every week either :nah:
Reply 7142
happppyyyyyyyyyyy new year guys! :biggrin: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Happy New Year :grouphugs: :woo: :ahee: :party: :yeah:
Celebrating the feast of the Epiphany on the Sunday before seems weird. The crib is still out (at home and in church), as are my decorations. The church had many empty spaces too.
My crib is still up too. My granny and I always swap presents for Epiphany as well :biggrin:

Happy new year guys, hope it's a good one!
I am sure that tomorrow the people who have been killed in Paris this week will be remembered in the bidding prayers.
Hey everyone!! I'm Catholic (hence why I'm here!!! :biggrin: ) I just wanted to ask you all: Do you think it's worth trying to defend your faith in the forums in the tsr religion section? Whenever I comment I always find myself arguing with atheists, should I just accept that people will smash religion and let them get on with it? Xx
Original post by elmothedancer
Hey everyone!! I'm Catholic (hence why I'm here!!! :biggrin: ) I just wanted to ask you all: Do you think it's worth trying to defend your faith in the forums in the tsr religion section? Whenever I comment I always find myself arguing with atheists, should I just accept that people will smash religion and let them get on with it? Xx

:hi:

Tbh I don't bother debating with them. I'll correct someone if what they're saying is actually factually incorrect about Catholicism. But if they're just on a ZOMG RELIGION IS EEEEEEEEEEEVIL rampage, then I'll leave them to it and keep a low profile coz I cba. I do admire those who try but I personally find it a futile exercise :colondollar:

Tbh I don't bother debating with them. I'll correct someone if what they're saying is actually factually incorrect about Catholicism. But if they're just on a ZOMG RELIGION IS EEEEEEEEEEEVIL rampage, then I'll leave them to it and keep a low profile coz I cba. I do admire those who try but I personally find it a futile exercise :colondollar:

I think I agree. I might just take the policy of try to make sure people get their facts right and inform people if they have a genuine question but as you say leave them to it when they're on a rampage. Thanks :smile:
I think I agree. I might just take the policy of try to make sure people get their facts right and inform people if they have a genuine question but as you say leave them to it when they're on a rampage. Thanks :smile:

No worries.

Tiz quite funny: not last year but the year before, I came 2nd place in the TSR 'Debater of the Year' category. Which is hilarious, given I don't tend to debate with people :rofl:
No worries.

Tiz quite funny: not last year but the year before, I came 2nd place in the TSR 'Debater of the Year' category. Which is hilarious, given I don't tend to debate with people :rofl:

Maybe when you do debate you're just very good at it :tongue:
Maybe when you do debate you're just very good at it :tongue:

Haha, not at all :colondollar:
Reply 7153

This :yep:

Into The Woods is a really good film :teeth:
Original post by Aula
This :yep:

Into The Woods is a really good film :teeth:

You're up late :eek:

And I didn't realise it was already out :eek3: Must go see it :colone:
Reply 7155
You're up late :eek:

And I didn't realise it was already out :eek3: Must go see it :colone:

We ate really late and didn't cinema until after. Didn't even leave the cinema until after 1 :erm:
Original post by Aula
We ate really late and didn't cinema until after. Didn't even leave the cinema until after 1 :erm:

:eek:

What did you eat? You save me anything? :teeth:

(Coz you know, it's not like I went to my parish's '12th night' banquet or anything yday evening :nah: )

:ninja:
Reply 7157
:eek:

What did you eat? You save me anything? :teeth:

(Coz you know, it's not like I went to my parish's '12th night' banquet or anything yday evening :nah: )

:ninja:

gluten free pizza express pizza with no tomato base and tuna.
('cause I'm not a bizarre eater or anything... :erm:)

Also now trying to come up with a better name for my blog :shh:
Original post by Aula
gluten free pizza express pizza with no tomato base and tuna.
('cause I'm not a bizarre eater or anything... :erm:)

Also now trying to come up with a better name for my blog :shh:

:jumphug: bout the meal. I guess at least they *have* the gluten-free pizza though :yep:
Reply 7159
:jumphug: bout the meal. I guess at least they *have* the gluten-free pizza though :yep:

yes, and it's actually pretty good!

(the lack of tomato is entirely by choice :mmm:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending