The Student Room Group

What alevels for a law degree

I have currently decided i am going to retake year 12 with fresh subjects to peruse a law degree. I would like to know what subjects i should take.

The list of subjects i am interested in are a level law,politics,philosophy and sociology. Bear in mind that i dont think i will meet the entry for subjects like history due to me not taking them at GCSEs. And anything with mathematics is a no no. I would like to predict that i will get 3 as in the subjects above when applying to unis like nottingham, birmingham, southampton and UCL but what subjects will get me in to do law. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
I want to do a Law degree and am doing A Level English Literature, Psychology, PE and Biology.
I highly recommend either English or a social science such as Psychology or Sociology. (A lot of the time you're asked for either English/History and a Social Science)

Politics would be great, and I'm not 100% sure what Philosophy is but it sounds good.

I do not recommend doing a Law A Level for a degree in Law.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Jasminem97
I want to do a Law degree and am doing A Level English Literature, Psychology, PE and Biology.
I highly recommend either English or a social science such as Psychology or Sociology.

Politics would be great, and I'm not 100% sure what Philosophy is but it sounds good.

I do not recommend doing a Law A Level for a degree in Law.

I understand universities like oxbridge dont think highly of a alevel law however im not looking to apply to unis like that. And i genuinely think i would enjoy law.
Original post by tanimk98
I understand universities like oxbridge dont think highly of a alevel law however im not looking to apply to unis like that. And i genuinely think i would enjoy law.

Sorry if that had come across like that, I didn't mean to offend you:s-smilie: If you think you'll enjoy law do it - I'm doing PE and oxbridge will hate that! - I can't judge!:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Jasminem97
Sorry if that had come across like that, I didn't mean to offend you:s-smilie: If you think you'll enjoy law do it - I'm doing PE and oxbridge will hate that! - I can't judge!:smile:

aha. absolutely no offence taken, just wanted to make you understand the situation im in. Do you think i could get into say nottingham with, Law, politics and sociology.
aha. absolutely no offence taken, just wanted to make you understand the situation im in. Do you think i could get into say nottingham with, Law, politics and sociology.

Nottingham or Nottingham Trent?
Nottingham (RG Uni) Requirments for Law - A*AA
Nottingham Trent Requirements for Law -

280 UCAS Tariff points minimum achieved from three A-levels or equivalent*

GCSE at grade C or above in Maths and English.

Your subject combination is perfect for Nottingham Trent, and they should pretty good for Nottingham.
Because its a russell group uni - Nottingham s requirements are on par with Oxbridge Universities such as KCL and Cambridge - So i'd definitely recommend NT.
Good Luck! :smile:

Unis actually don't care if you do a law a level or not now. Even Oxford have now said they don't mind if people do it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7

My friend did A-Level law and is at Oxford right now.

Quick Reply

Latest