The Student Room Group

Four Days Left for the UCAS dread-line!!!!! I am freaking out

Have all of you got your applications in? I submitted it yesterday and I am literally obsessing and freaking out!!!! I need to take my mind off the UCAS track somehow and the fact that my exams are tomorrow doesn't help! :eek::eek::eek:

Scroll to see replies

Just a question, but why didn't you send it off before Christmas? It would have made it less stressful and rushed.

I sent mine off about late October and got my offers by late November. I think most of my friends did too.

You're not going to get an offer at the weekend just to let you know, so don't bother checking track. Sometimes people have to wait months, sometimes people get all their offers in one day.

Log out of track and simply check your emails every now and then (you get emailed if there's been any updates).

Good luck
Original post by Iggy Azalea
Just a question, but why didn't you send it off before Christmas? It would have made it less stressful and rushed.

I sent mine off about late October and got my offers by late November. I think most of my friends did too.

You're not going to get an offer at the weekend just to let you know, so don't bother checking track. Sometimes people have to wait months, sometimes people get all their offers in one day.

Log out of track and simply check your emails every now and then (you get emailed if there's been any updates).

Good luck

My teacher said she wouldn't give me a reference letter until January because the education system in India is quite different but now that I think about it I should have applied in October.....I just hope not applying early doesn't bring down my chances of getting in.
I applied to the University of Glasgow, Edinburgh, Kent, Aberdeen and Cardiff. What about you?
Original post by thefatduckTEEHEE
My teacher said she wouldn't give me a reference letter until January because the education system in India is quite different but now that I think about it I should have applied in October.....I just hope not applying early doesn't bring down my chances of getting in.
I applied to the University of Glasgow, Edinburgh, Kent, Aberdeen and Cardiff. What about you?

Oh I see.

My offers are at Warwick, Newcastle, Exeter, Nottingham and Lancaster

I also have a place at UToronto but not sure if I'll take it.
I'm panicking as well!! still haven't sent off my UCAS :frown:

I finished my personal statement a few weeks a go and sent it off but not properly as I'm still waiting for my school to attach references.

is there still equal opportunities if I'm sending it off so late?
Well theoretically, universities claim that they consider all applications equally. Since they always send out more offers than they have places, they have quite a number of offers to send out and I would imagine that most of them don't make all their offers to those who apply early and leave no places for those who apply a bit later. I have read several times that especially around this time of year, some unis "collect" the applications they receive in late December / early January and don't send out offers until the deadline has passed to give the later applicants a fairer chance.
So, if your predicted grades match the unis' entry requirements and you feel like your PS / reference are good as well, I'd say you still have a pretty good chance of getting offers from the unis you chose!
Original post by waifandwaiting
I'm panicking as well!! still haven't sent off my UCAS :frown:

I finished my personal statement a few weeks a go and sent it off but not properly as I'm still waiting for my school to attach references.

is there still equal opportunities if I'm sending it off so late?

I hope so :/ I was literally behind my teacher to get my reference done with...I'm assuming you can't do that as your school applies for you. What are your choices? and what courses are you applying for?
I hope so :/ I was literally behind my teacher to get my reference done with...I'm assuming you can't do that as your school applies for you. What are your choices? and what courses are you applying for?

I apply for myself so Ive done the pay&send but they're taking ages to do the reference😩 have you sent yours off yet?

English and cultural studies
English lit and journalism
and then English and creative writing

in liverpool John moores, Bangor and Leicester:smile: really hoping for ljmu though!! I've applied for 3 of my options there as well. how about you?
I apply for myself so Ive done the pay&send but they're taking ages to do the reference have you sent yours off yet?

English and cultural studies
English lit and journalism
and then English and creative writing

in liverpool John moores, Bangor and Leicester:smile: really hoping for ljmu though!! I've applied for 3 of my options there as well. how about you?

Yeah I applied by myself since I am an international student. I think if your teacher is doing your reference and you are applying on your own you can go and request the teacher or send in a letter from your parents stating the urgency and also tell them that the deadline is really close.
I am applying for Psychology in Edinburgh. Glasgow. and Aberdeen, for Psychology with studies in Europe at Kent and Psychology with professional placement at Cardiff.
I am really hoping to get into Glasgow and Kent. Good luck with your Universities :smile:
Yeah I applied by myself since I am an international student. I think if your teacher is doing your reference and you are applying on your own you can go and request the teacher or send in a letter from your parents stating the urgency and also tell them that the deadline is really close.
I am applying for Psychology in Edinburgh. Glasgow. and Aberdeen, for Psychology with studies in Europe at Kent and Psychology with professional placement at Cardiff.
I am really hoping to get into Glasgow and Kent. Good luck with your Universities :smile:

oh wow!! good luck, I really hope you get into Kent/Glasgow then:smile:

my mam has already rang up on the friday yet no sign of my reference.
Reply 10
Have all of you got your applications in? I submitted it yesterday and I am literally obsessing and freaking out!!!! I need to take my mind off the UCAS track somehow and the fact that my exams are tomorrow doesn't help! :eek::eek::eek:

Love your restaurant. Hope it reopens soon.
oh wow!! good luck, I really hope you get into Kent/Glasgow then:smile:

my mam has already rang up on the friday yet no sign of my reference.

lol then just keep pestering them until they give it to you and also talk about how it is your future and why they shouldn't mess it up and talk about your rights and blah blah blah basically just keep asking :P
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Clip

I used to love my hair, I hope it grows back soon :P
send of on 19th December so far I have conditional offer @ UWE. Bristol(visit day) and Cardiff interview.

Birmingham and Newport no offer yet
My sister still hasn't sent hers off

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by channies
My sister still hasn't sent hers off

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is she planning to submit it before the Jan 15th deadline?
Original post by Clip

PRSOM
I wouldn't worry about it guys, just make sure you get it in on time and more often than not you will receive an offer. As long as you genuinely want to do the course it is likely they will at least give you a conditional offer. Obviously depending on the uni as the top ones are pretty demanding. Good luck, you will all be fine. :smile:
It annoys me how much of a big deal everyone made of things like UCAS applications at College. So much unnecessary stress and really it is so easy to get in to a standard uni. Most give you an offer and then accept grades below what they have offered anyway and then offer clearing places on top of that..
Haven't got mine away yet - Finishing touches to my PS tomorrow morning and off it goes hopefully :smile: Didn't send last years off to the last day, they say you should learn from your mistakes....lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending