The Student Room Group

Am I boring?

I'm a 23 year-old girl, and I do not drink, smoke, or do drugs. I don't play any instruments, I don't go to festivals or wild parties (mainly because I'm never invited to the latter). My daily exercise is a power walk, and occasionally swimming. I enjoy listening to music and watching films. I like taking walks to new places, trying out new places to eat, going to the cinema, shops, etc.
I never go to bed really late, and I clean the flat pretty much every day. I'm a teacher, and after work in the evenings, I generally do some cleaning, sometimes prepare dinner if my boyfriend isn't, then we watch TV/films, and I prepare my classes for the next day.
With friends, I like to meet them at coffee shops and restaurants.
I sometimes do drawings, and enjoy looking at art.
I read some books, but mainly magazines. I spend a lot of time on the internet on forums like this, news websites, and stuff like buzzfeed.
I travel every year, but I never like to go to too exotic places because of money mainly, and I don't like very long flights.
I have my favourite foods which I eat often, and I really enjoy fast food.
Do I sound boring? I feel like it. There isn't much else I can say really.
I feel like people my age are out doing some crazy stuff and being loud and having a great time. I'm a quiet person. Do I need to change myself?

Scroll to see replies

You sound whingy.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a 23 year-old girl, and I do not drink, smoke, or do drugs. I don't play any instruments, I don't go to festivals or wild parties (mainly because I'm never invited to the latter). My daily exercise is a power walk, and occasionally swimming. I enjoy listening to music and watching films. I like taking walks to new places, trying out new places to eat, going to the cinema, shops, etc.
I never go to bed really late, and I clean the flat pretty much every day. I'm a teacher, and after work in the evenings, I generally do some cleaning, sometimes prepare dinner if my boyfriend isn't, then we watch TV/films, and I prepare my classes for the next day.
I read some books, but mainly magazines. I spend a lot of time on the internet on forums like this, news websites, and stuff like buzzfeed.
I travel every year, but I never like to go to too exotic places because of money mainly, and I don't like very long flights.
I feel like people my age are out doing some crazy stuff and being loud and having a great time. I'm a quiet person. Do I need to change myself?

No you sound very interesting to me and up until the point you said you had a boyfriend I was gonna ask you to marry me lol
I don't think you seem boring at all! Not everyone enjoys going out drinking and partying! And it seems like your friends and boyfriend don't find you boring either! :smile: you don't need to change yourself because of what other people think :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I am exactly the same

Posted from TSR Mobile
As long as you're happy as you are there is absolutely no reason to change :smile:
No you are not

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Thanks a lot for the responses :smile: It's just that my boyfriend always says stuff like, I don't like anything, I have no passions, etc. as if he wants me to change.... I don't see why it's essential for me to have a passion. I don't have a lot of money and am in a lot of debt so I try to save it wherever I can...
Yeah you're boring as hell, I wouldn't go anywhere near you and if you were at one of my parties, I'd ask you to get off my property and never return!
Reply 9
Thanks a lot for the responses :smile: It's just that my boyfriend always says stuff like, I don't like anything, I have no passions, etc. as if he wants me to change.... I don't see why it's essential for me to have a passion. I don't have a lot of money and am in a lot of debt so I try to save it wherever I can...
That's really unfair and not true because you sound like you've got your head screwed on properly. You have a job and a flat and keep it in good shape. I mean that standing next to a ecstasy popping festival head in incomparable.

Don't worry you sound like a really nice relaxing person to be around. I mean at the end of the day the people you see on facebook doing all the crazy stuff, the likelihood is either they go home at the end of it all and return to normal life or they soon grow out of it.

I am similar to you and it does make you feel like a bit of a freak/loser when you see the stuff people are supposedly doing on a daily basis plastered all over their facebook. But we're not we're fine! Stop worrying enjoy life, it sounds like you have lots of reasons to (apart from your boyfriends snidey comments)
x

You sound like a normal 20-something year old with a decent job, mature and someone who knows what they enjoy to do. You actually sound fairly similar to me (24 year old Piano Teacher).
Not everyone goes to crazy parties, it's not everyone's "thing". I've certainly never enjoyed that kind of thing. Big parties and drinking excessively just doesn't appeal to me.
When I meet with my friends it's in coffee shops or at a restaurant for lunch/dinner.

Some people are still "young" for their early 20s. They don't settle down into the career they want yet, they haven't moved out of their family home, or they are still studying. They are still into binge drinkings and doing crazy things, and that's what they enjoy in life.
I'm not putting that down, I'm just saying everyone is different. Some people just mature a little sooner, and so find that they don't want to get ridiculously drunk, and that they enjoy other things in life. They find that they like to live in a tidy home, and that their job is important to them, etc. There is nothing boring about being yourself and being true to yourself. Don't try to be someone else.
I can never name any real passions or interests. I'm the same as you. Maybe we're boring, but it doesn't really bother me.
Reply 12
Original post by Smonnie
Maybe we're boring, but it doesn't really bother me.

:five:

Original post by Emaemmaemily
You sound like a normal 20-something year old with a decent job, mature and someone who knows what they enjoy to do. You actually sound fairly similar to me (24 year old Piano Teacher).
Not everyone goes to crazy parties, it's not everyone's "thing". I've certainly never enjoyed that kind of thing. Big parties and drinking excessively just doesn't appeal to me.
When I meet with my friends it's in coffee shops or at a restaurant for lunch/dinner.

Some people are still "young" for their early 20s. They don't settle down into the career they want yet, they haven't moved out of their family home, or they are still studying. They are still into binge drinkings and doing crazy things, and that's what they enjoy in life.
I'm not putting that down, I'm just saying everyone is different. Some people just mature a little sooner, and so find that they don't want to get ridiculously drunk, and that they enjoy other things in life. They find that they like to live in a tidy home, and that their job is important to them, etc. There is nothing boring about being yourself and being true to yourself. Don't try to be someone else.

I was a tutor as well :five:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by kka25

Incidentally, so was I.
Reply 14
Original post by Smonnie
Incidentally, so was I.

:biggrin:
Original post by kka25

I don't get it...
Reply 16
Original post by Ebony19
I don't get it...

Quoted the wrong person :colondollar:

Sorry :h:
:yawn:

...sorry whaaa?

Of course you're not boring. Not behaving wildly and not doing things that you see others doing doesnt equate to you being boring- if anything, it makes you different, in a positive way.
I think its time for you to have more confidence in yourself! :redface:
Reply 19
Not at all. I'm like you actually. As long as you're not bored with your life, who cares what other people think :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending