The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I got rejected from Queens but they said I've been made an offer by another college through the Winter Pool. Does this mean I will need to be reinterviewed or that I have a Cambridge offer? Does anyone know how this will show up on ucas track (offer or rejection)? I applied for engineering btw. Thanks
Original post by Amanda Brown
Hi, I got rejected from Queens but they said I've been made an offer by another college through the Winter Pool. Does this mean I will need to be reinterviewed or that I have a Cambridge offer? Does anyone know how this will show up on ucas track (offer or rejection)? I applied for engineering btw. Thanks

No reinterview just an offer - well done!! (:::::::: not sure about UCAS but at least a few days

Posted from TSR Mobile

you have an offer! congratulations. im pretty sure it will turn up as a offer on ucas!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by icamui1
You are awesome.

Thank you so much :smile: Nothing we can do now
Original post by mysus
Did anyone get an offer from Corpus yet? Or even a letter....

Yeah I've got an offer from Corpus. It arrived in the post yesterday. What subject did you apply for?
Question for Minerva,
I did not get a letter yesterday, hoping to tomorrow.
If I am pooled what should I expect because I wasn’t clear yesterday what was going on. I thought the new system meant that those that were fished from the pool without interview last week would get an offer letter posted 9th Jan from the offering college yet I saw no posts that had people saying that they had received offers from different colleges in the pool. All the comments from pooled applicants yesterday seemed to be because they got a letter from the original college saying they were in the pool.
If I was pooled should I expect a letter tomorrow from the offering college with the offer or a letter from the original college saying I am in the pool or both?
If anyone else has the answer please do please tell me, has anyone had an offer from the pool yet?

You're in the same position as me, don't worry I didn't understand my letter at first. It means you have an offer so well done! Now we're just waiting to see which college has made it so I'm guessing UCAS will update when we know this to say that offer has been made but a different campus code
Original post by Zero to Hero
Question for Minerva,
I did not get a letter yesterday, hoping to tomorrow.
If I am pooled what should I expect because I wasn’t clear yesterday what was going on. I thought the new system meant that those that were fished from the pool without interview last week would get an offer letter posted 9th Jan from the offering college yet I saw no posts that had people saying that they had received offers from different colleges in the pool. All the comments from pooled applicants yesterday seemed to be because they got a letter from the original college saying they were in the pool.
If I was pooled should I expect a letter tomorrow from the offering college with the offer or a letter from the original college saying I am in the pool or both?
If anyone else has the answer please do please tell me, has anyone had an offer from the pool yet?

Hi :smile: I got a letter from St John's saying that they had rejected me but I was put into the pool and from that a college has made me an offer. The letter said I should hear from the college telling me the offer soon, hope that helps
Original post by beth_paige_
offer (A*A*A) from sidney sussex for medicine!!!! anyone else got an offer from sidney??

Hey I did! :biggrin: for philosophy :smile:... You should check out the Sidney thread on here!

Also if you pm me your Facebook or something I can add you to the Sidney offer holders group set up by current Student Union members from Sidney :smile:
Reply 3689
Original post by Jon French
Yeah I've got an offer from Corpus. It arrived in the post yesterday. What subject did you apply for?

HSPS. You?
Original post by mysus
HSPS. You?

Economics
Has anyone's UCAS updated with their offer yet? Just wondering when it will all become "official". :P
Original post by Robertus
Has anyone's UCAS updated with their offer yet? Just wondering when it will all become "official". :P

na not yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maya_fooks
Anyone else with an offer for PBS?

Yeah! Which college?
Where my lawyers at? There were loads on university connect, anyone else got an offer?

Me too, but for Architecture! You won't get reinterviewed because the pool interviews were this weekend. I've checked both UCAS and my emails constantly to see what college has fished me but nothing, so I'm thinking of ringing the admissions office on Monday morning because I can't cope with the wait... I don't understand why our new colleges couldn't just send us a letter if they've already decided to give us both offers :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3696
No, you should hear from another college in the next few days, and it will be a direct offer.
Original post by xAzure97x
Same! I've been going through all the admissions statistics for my subject (Architecture) and trying to figure out who has the fewest applicants that tends to make a lot of pool offers

Posted from TSR Mobile

And which is the college with the fewest applicants? I applied for Architecture too, at Churchill, but I didn't get my letter yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3698
Original post by Robertus

After 13th I believe. Could be wrong about that. Honestly don't care when it goes 'official' this suits me just fine!
Original post by Frettingparent
He did thanks. Very excited!!

Excellent news - many congratulations - which course may I ask?

Latest

Trending

Trending