The Student Room Group

AirAsia flight missing??!???

Scroll to see replies

AirAsia is a malaysian company but indonesia doesnt allow foreign company without local stakes so they have to create another company called AirAsia indonesia that is 49% owned by tony fernandes and 51% owned by indonesians.
Original post by me2*
some people with flying experience hijacked the plane and flew it off course , thats what came in news today

that is MH370
Original post by Racx6
Get your facts right eh, the third plane is not from Malaysian Airlines

Posted from TSR Mobile

AirAsia is a low cost Malaysian AirlinesAirAsia Please check your facts
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Drewski
Which government?

And why should we believe you anymore than we believe anyone else? What makes you an expert?

Why should we even listen to you? Since when is you not believing something even remotely important? Who are you? You're a nobody. Your opinion doesn't matter. Just because you can say something on the internet doesn't mean anybody has to or will take you seriously.

If you ever get tired of taking *******s, feel free to come back to the real world.

Which government? -
What do you want me to say, yeh I trust everything that comes out the west but from places like China or Russia, I dont. When I say governments I mean any of them, because even is Malaysian Politian knew all these airplanes going down is not an accident, do you think they will say anything and open a whole can of worms?

And why should we believe you anymore than we believe anyone else? What makes you an expert? -

Why should we even listen to you? Since when is you not believing something even remotely important? Who are you? You're a nobody. Your opinion doesn't matter. Just because you can say something on the internet doesn't mean anybody has to or will take you seriously.
The same question I am asking you? Im not the one on here wasting my time giving thousands of views. I got a work, studies and life to live.

If you ever get tired of taking *******s, feel free to come back to the real world.
You need to get your head out of the lala land, take a crash course on geopolitics, banking system, history and then start asking questions on whatever the mainstream propoganda machine is feeding us. You wont get an answer, but at least you wont go barr--ring mad.
Original post by andersonsophie_8

Which government? -
What do you want me to say, yeh I trust everything that comes out the west but from places like China or Russia, I dont. When I say governments I mean any of them, because even is Malaysian Politian knew all these airplanes going down is not an accident, do you think they will say anything and open a whole can of worms?

And why should we believe you anymore than we believe anyone else? What makes you an expert? -

The same question I am asking you? Im not the one on here wasting my time giving thousands of views. I got a work, studies and life to live.

You need to get your head out of the lala land, take a crash course on geopolitics, banking system, history and then start asking questions on whatever the mainstream propoganda machine is feeding us. You wont get an answer, but at least you wont go barr--ring mad.

Do yourself a favour and learn something about aircraft. Then you'll realise the only person here sounding bat**** insane is you.

First plane: lost. No real explanation yet, just theories.
Second plane: found. We know it was shot down. All we don't know is by whom, though we can guess.
Third plane: found. Fdr being examined, though weather is 99% likely to have been the cause.

Only 1 is so far a mystery. How's that for a conspiracy?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 165
AirAsia is a low cost Malaysian AirlinesAirAsia Please check your facts

Haha, back to you again. Air Asia is a Malaysian low-cost airline NOT a low cost Malaysian Airlines. Spot the diff?
Air Asia Indonesia is 49% owned by Malaysian listed Air Asia Sdn Bhd. 51% by Indonesian shareholders as stipulated by an Indonesian law requiring citizens to own at least 50% of any local airline.

Although its operations are under Air Asia brand name, it is a seperate entity from Air Asia that we know in Malaysia. As such, Air Asia Indonesida is fully responsible for its operations except for some areas that are managed by Air Asia such as procurement of planes.

Yours sincerely,
born and bred in Malaysia :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Racx6
Haha, back to you again. Air Asia is a Malaysian low-cost airline NOT a low cost Malaysian Airlines. Spot the diff?
Air Asia Indonesia is 49% owned by Malaysian listed Air Asia Sdn Bhd. 51% by Indonesian shareholders as stipulated by an Indonesian law requiring citizens to own at least 50% of any local airline.

Although its operations are under Air Asia brand name, it is a seperate entity from Air Asia that we know in Malaysia. As such, Air Asia Indonesida is fully responsible for its operations except for some areas that are managed by Air Asia such as procurement of planes.

Yours sincerely,
born and bred in Malaysia :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by HucktheForde
AirAsia is a malaysian company but indonesia doesnt allow foreign company without local stakes so they have to create another company called AirAsia indonesia that is 49% owned by tony fernandes and 51% owned by indonesians.

Beat you by 5 hours. :auto:
Reply 167
Original post by HucktheForde
Beat you by 5 hours. :auto:

Haha why yes, if you think it's a competition *applause*
Just thought she'd need to be constantly provided with the correct information xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wikapedia has served you well. Yes anyone who put down Air Asia into google would be able to find this info out. Maybe it was my mistake for not going into more detail and pointing out the difference in writing for nickpickers like yourself. For that I should apologise. The point I am trying to make is that you have had 3 planes go down in a space of a year. No matter what he reason for each of them are, the fact is still there is 3 planes going to and from Malaysia, owned by Malaysian's Airline companies. What is happening here. If it was a Air France, Qatar Airline, and BA as well, I would think there is something going wrong, simply because every year we don't hear of 3 airplanes going down. And all of a sudden we hear about 3 in one year. And it all has to do with one airplanes own by companies from one country. To me that is a bit suspect. I was thinking of flying with Malaysian Airline with my sister in law who is Malaysian, but I will go with a non- Malaysian airline this year.

kk
Original post by Drewski
Do yourself a favour and learn something about aircraft. Then you'll realise the only person here sounding bat**** insane is you.

First plane: lost. No real explanation yet, just theories.
Second plane: found. We know it was shot down. All we don't know is by whom, though we can guess.
Third plane: found. Fdr being examined, though weather is 99% likely to have been the cause.

Only 1 is so far a mystery. How's that for a conspiracy?

Why did you edit your orginal post? And make yourself sound a bit more reasonable. Rather than just looking at others to agree with you and call me insane.

Mate, I dont understand why you have it in for me. All I am saying to me, it sounds fishy. I agree 1st one sounds fishy. If you look into the 2nd one, you will see more stories which brings up more questions on the offical story. And you can pass it off as a coincidence. But 3rd plane in less than a year, there is something we are not being told.
Reply 170
The point I am trying to make is that you have had 3 planes go down in a space of a year. What is happening here.
Normal statistical distribution.

There have been at least three other threads, as well as this one, where the numbers have been analysed and the causes considered and there really is nothing odd here other than: bad things happen randomly.

It was just unfortunate it was an aeroplane from this airline that was shot down over Ukraine.

It is just co-incidence the one that went down in bad weather has some of the same letters in the airline's name. It could have been any of a whole bunch of east Asian airlines, 16 of which are Malaysian including AirAsia, AirAsia X, Malaysia Airlines and Weststar Aviation (Malaysia).

Have a rummage about on here and you'll see 2014 was not special.
Why did you edit your orginal post? And make yourself sound a bit more reasonable. Rather than just looking at others to agree with you and call me insane.

Mate, I dont understand why you have it in for me. All I am saying to me, it sounds fishy. I agree 1st one sounds fishy. If you look into the 2nd one, you will see more stories which brings up more questions on the offical story. And you can pass it off as a coincidence. But 3rd plane in less than a year, there is something we are not being told.

I edited it to add more detail. Not to change my tone. You are being unrealistic. I will not change that opinion.

As stated above, this number of aviation incidents is nothing unusual. Planes crash, and people die, every year, and have done since planes were invented.

Excluding the shoot down, 2 incidents on related airlines are nothing. Most airlines are linked in some way or another, so that in itself has no bearing on these incidents.

I understand the rationale behind conspiracy theories: it's an attempt to make sense of the world. The idea that there's some massive organisation orchestrating every part of life is more comforting than the thought that the world is just chaos.

But, reality is, that it is just chaos. How you deal with that reality is up to you, but don't inflict your views on others when real lives have been lost. This isn't an abstract thing. It's people's lives and they deserve better than being lied to.
Sophie, as Drewski says, people need something to grab onto to make sense of a complex world. I understand that, but if you build up a big pot of knowledge, experience and common sense, then its possible to look at events under a more rational light.

In this particular argument (3 Asian related airline tragedies in the space of 9 months) I can confidently state that you're barking up the wrong tree. None of the incidents have had conclusive causal reports written but, again as Drewski says, a rational person can make a reasonable assessment of the primary cause in 2 of the 3 crashes. The only real mystery is MH370, and I have absolutely no idea where that jet is or what caused it to disappear. If any investigators do have information which is relevant to the disappearance, then they're keeping it close to their chests. I suppose you could happily create a conspiracy theory around that and, until any 'black boxes' are found and analysed, your theory is as valid as any other.

My personal belief is that there are very strong similarities between the Air Asia crash and Air France 447 in June 2009. Both aircraft were flying through highly convective weather patterns (ICTZ) and the AF447 report states that pilot mishandling of a stall condition related to abnormal instrument indications, was directly responsible. The evidence is all there in that 219 page report if you can be bothered to read it. I see that the Indonesians have today (Sun 11/01) located the Air Asia CVR and FDR and hope to recover them on Monday (12/01). Assuming they can extract data from those devices, then answers will soon emerge.

While I think that your highly generalised and unfocused conspiracy theory is unfounded, there are a number of questions dropping out of this latest tragedy that need answering. For me as an airline passenger, I need reassurance about the automated systems on modern aircraft, especially when things go wrong and the computers go into flight control modes that appear to be counter intuitive to the trained stick monkeys. I'm also losing confidence in some airlines who, by their actions and processes, appear to prioritise commercial aspects over flight safety - I'm talking about maintenance arrangements, fuel loads, pilot flying hours and indeed the whole crew make up where pilots and cabin crew are essentially self employed and not airline employees. Read up on pilot 'pay to fly' schemes and research pilot and cabin crew issues at Ryanair, for example. Extrapolate that knowledge worldwide across 'budget' airlines or LCCs (Low Cost Carriers) and you can see why I'll be choosing my future carriers very carefully.

Sophie, if you need something to fight against, look in these areas.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-30773782

Has anyone seen this yet? Divers have found the Black Box!
Original post by Queen Cersei
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-30773782

Has anyone seen this yet? Divers have found the Black Box!

I had not. Thanks for the link.

I knew they'd found the tail but not the black box.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The government seem to rule out terrorism
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-30875973
Recent reports have it that the aircraft climbed at 6000ft/min before stalling and plunging into the java sea. Hmm.. Very similar to the AF447.
Reply 177
Original post by EnolaGay
Recent reports have it that the aircraft climbed at 6000ft/min before stalling and plunging into the java sea. Hmm.. Very similar to the AF447.

whats the max you can climb ft/min?
Original post by ubi1
whats the max you can climb ft/min?

Varies with aircraft type. I haven't downloaded and read the 800 odd pages of the Airbus A320 (Air Asia crash jet) operating manual, but someone asked the question in 2005, see here. You can see that Michi says
there are no structural restrictions/limitations for max. climb or descent rates. But airlines have company procedures for max descent rates.
. The normal rate of climb in the 30k region is approx 1400fpm, but in terms of max observed rates Michi says
The max. rate in the simulator for me was 17000fpm (A320) during a GPWS recovery. In real (life) my max. rate was 14000fpm (A319) during a regular departure.
GPWS = Ground Proximity Warning System

Fighter aircraft have much greater rates of climb (as you'd expect) and I've seen 62000fpm quoted for the Eurofighter Typhoon and 100k fpm for the F22 Raptor.

So, although 6000fpm for the A320 is not a normal rate of climb, it shouldn't be structurally problematic. However, if the energy going into the climb is low, and power settings equally low, then the speed will quickly decay and unless recovery action is taken rapidly, the aircraft will stall.
It's worth mentioning, in case anyone is confused, that an aircraft stall is not like a car's stall. It's not the engine cutting out, it's the total loss of lift.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending