The Student Room Group

Why are you single?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kallisto
In other words: you wanted to make a relationship, but no one with you? and since you was dumbed a relationship for you is over completely?

Not entirely no.
Original post by Anonymous
Cos i'm too afraid of rejection and not good enough for most women it would seem. I'm also afraid of someone actually liking me because it means sharing my life and opening up myself to them.

Something that i can't do because they'll just leave me once they find out who i really am.

Of course you're good enough. Being yourself around someone you like is always scary because there's the chance that they won't like you and that will hurt. You're not going to be compatible with everyone you meet but someday you'll find someone who'll like you for you and you'll wonder why you ever worried in the first place. You have to have confidence in who you are to know that you are good enough and deserving of someone caring.

If people don't appreciate you, they can jog on :smile:
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Yeah I guess.. My excuse therefore is I haven't found the right guy yet :rolleyes:

Have you found the wrong guy?
Original post by pocahontas lol
Have you found the wrong guy?

Yeah I've had bad experiences
Yeah I've had bad experiences

We all have. In fact, it's making me quite unhinged.
We all have. In fact, it's making me quite unhinged.

Sameee I'm such a wreck
Sameee I'm such a wreck

Try this song. She is angry for us. Ironically, the man who makes me feel this way right now, sent me the song before he made me feel this way.
Try this song. She is angry for us. Ironically, the man who makes me feel this way right now, sent me the song before he made me feel this way.

What an idiot! Dw you'll find someone amazing :smile:
What an idiot! Dw you'll find someone amazing :smile:

Probably. You too. But right now I'm feeling strange...
Probably. You too. But right now I'm feeling strange...

Listen to Beyonce :smile: :banana::banana2:
Listen to Beyonce :smile: :banana::banana2:

I think I need to sleep instead. *sings Sweet Dreams as I dance to my bed*
I think I need to sleep instead. *sings Sweet Dreams as I dance to my bed*

That's the way to gooo
I think it's a bit of an inappropriate question to ask. There can often be very complex reasons.
Personally, after a couple of pretty stressful relationships, I'd rather just have some time to myself. Also, given that I'm now able to go to bars, clubs etc. I'd obviously rather stay single for certain reasons :wink:
Original post by Binary Freak
Not entirely no.

If that is the case I wish you the best of luck to make a relationship one day
If that is the case I wish you the best of luck to make a relationship one day

Thanks! Probably won't be going into one for a while anyway, I has insecurities and suffer from mild anxiety; Nobody should suffer because of this.
Yeah I guess.. My excuse therefore is I haven't found the right guy yet :rolleyes:

Or because Sheldon is dating Amy Farrah Fowler and he isn't availble? :tongue:
People have allready tried to make me look 'attractive' for the opposite sex at 15 and whilst i wouldn't mind it, i'm not going to make myself look more 'cool' or w/e just to get a grill.
Original post by acireric
Or because Sheldon is dating Amy Farrah Fowler and he isn't availble? :tongue:

Correct :biggrin::mad:
Original post by Binary Freak
Thanks! Probably won't be going into one for a while anyway, I has insecurities and suffer from mild anxiety; Nobody should suffer because of this.

That is right. A relationship full of suffering for one of the partners is not very good. From this point of view its the best for someone being single for a while.
That is right. A relationship full of suffering for one of the partners is not very good. From this point of view its the best for someone being single for a while.

Yeah it is, nobody should be entitled to happiness at the expense of another person's emotion! :gthumb:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending