The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TVIO
I was actually quite ill on the day which sucked, so my brain was really foggy as compared to usual. But if they thought well of me on my worst day, then I must be an OK candidate. So in some way, I'm glad I was ill.

Definitely! The only mitigating factor I could have pleaded was sleeping just two hours the night before. Other than that I wouldn't really have had any excuse. :tongue:
Reply 221
Original post by Actaeon
Definitely! The only mitigating factor I could have pleaded was sleeping just two hours the night before. Other than that I wouldn't really have had any excuse. :tongue:

I was actually getting ready to be annoyed at my friend who gave me the illness (king's cam mathmo with 99% UMS) as he gave it to practically everyone in my friend group and recovered well before his interview, but I guess I don't have to any more. Doesn't matter now, we got in! Whoooo :biggrin:
Original post by Edminzodo

My English paper originally came in as a B, meaning I scraped an A by 3 UMS, which would have made it exceedingly difficult to get into Cambridge for English. I decided to remark it, knowing that since a mark is 4 UMS in English papers at the higher end, if I dropped one mark I'd get a B overall. Waited 3 weeks. It went up 13 UMS. :tongue:
Original post by Blazora

Don't worry - I don't drink either. Three of us together!

Make that four :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by diana99
Omg! Well done !!:biggrin:
I hope to be in your position in 2 years time :biggrin:!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you hun! :smile: Yes, definitely consider applying! I can't believe I got in lol
Wishing I actually knew what college is giving me the offer for Natsci
I made a Downing college offer holders thread! If one's already been made please say and link me to it so I'll delete the one I just made haha

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3073711&p=52834553#post52834553

Please go join if applicable :redface:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 227
Original post by qwepoizxcmnb
Make that four :tongue:

Make that 5.
Original post by TVIO
Well that's the whole point of having two interviews I s'pose. My first one was with the main guy in charge of compsci at the whole of cambridge and my college and he was not impressed! But the 2nd one went much better (but only the 1st half of it). Important thing is, *they* think we're capable and I think it'd be a bit arrogant to question their judgement when they've been doing this for years. So take comfort in the fact they think we're good enough :smile:

I didn't think of it like that.. I've just been stressing out thinking they've made a mistake. Really is a bit of a boost to the ego :teehee: but makes me think I should stop doubting myself.
Reply 229
Does anyone know whether Pembroke emails overseas applicants? Waiting for reply for HSPS, so worried :biggrin:
Original post by SmallWorld_16

I made a list of all the places you're likely to be pooled to this year based on figures :lol: if you're curious
Reply 231
Someone make a Pembroke Facebook group! Would be cool to talk to people beyond anonymous TSR accounts. :redface:
Reply 232
Original post by ILovePancakes
I didn't think of it like that.. I've just been stressing out thinking they've made a mistake. Really is a bit of a boost to the ego :teehee: but makes me think I should stop doubting myself.

You should! Speaking as someone who's always been fairly insecure about themselves this is something to be proud of. The best university in the world (IMO) thinks we're good enough! That's gotta be worth something.
Original post by username42
No-one else has made one so I thought I would.

Chat about stuff here.

There's a facebook group here.

Hey username42, could you possibly put a link on the first post of the thread to the list I'm making of offers on page 6? Think it could be useful to people :smile:
Original post by HopefulLawyerHG
Well done! I am waiting to find out my new college as well, may I ask how they contacted you? Thanks ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

They phoned me, which was a surprise- I was expecting a letter in the next week or so. They sounded really nice, and explained why they had chosen me which was a bit embarrassing and unexpected. They also said that due to the volume of administration, etc., going through at the moment that it might take 2 weeks for the official letter to arrive, but they were reassuring me that it wasn't a mistake and I had really got in.
Original post by aprocrastinator
Thank you hun! :smile: Yes, definitely consider applying! I can't believe I got in lol

Your welcome :biggrin:
What did u get for GCSE if you dont mind me asking? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SmallWorld_16

The typical 'pool' colleges are Girton, Homerton, Newnham (girls) and Murray Edwards (girls). Then there's the colleges that are sort of in the middle for applicant numbers, such as Sidney Sussex and Selwyn, which like to take some people from the pool; Churchill often takes arts applicants from the pool because fewer apply to it. However, truthfully it could be any of them. I've even seen Trinity take people from the pool. Those are just the most likely ones.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
So I've seen about 6 of us for NatSci at Christ's :eek:

20 others ish out there :lol:

I'm actually super proud I got in with all you people with like 99% ums :rofl:

99% UMS, I wish!!!!
Original post by paradoxicalme
Hey username42, could you possibly put a link on the first post of the thread to the list I'm making of offers on page 6? Think it could be useful to people :smile:

Can you put them into expand tags

insert college name

Original post by DiddyDodd
99% UMS, I wish!!!!

Well you don't wish know because we're in :tongue: makes 0 difference.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending