The Student Room Group

Psychology Applicants for 2015 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 820
Original post by gemma_8831
Congrats on Royal Holloway! I've heard from Kings, but not UCL or QM :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you! Wasn't expecting it at all. Wow congrats on King's, I thought they weren't giving out offers until after Jan 15th? Your application must have been really strong :biggrin: yeah Queen Mary seem to be taking their time with everyone :frown:
Original post by Bambooza
Hey! Congratulations on your offer :smile: I'm applying to Surrey too! If you don't mind me asking, what subjects did you apply for and what did you get at AS? x

I applied for Psych with a placement year (AAA offer) and got AAAB at AS. I'm sure you'll hear back soon enough (:
Original post by Bambooza
Hey congrats on your offer from Kings! what subjects do you study? :smile:

Thank you!! I do psychology (obviously), history and government and politics and I did AS Latin. Where are you applying? :smile:
Reply 823
What do you guys think about psychology with professional placement in University of Surrey? What's your opinion?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rejected from Cambridge for PBS .. :frown:
Original post by notebooker

sorry to hear that :frown:
Haven't posted on here in a while but I just got my rejection for PBS at Emma.
But then I also got an email saying my application to Sussex has been updated and that if I firm my offer it'll be unconditional, so hey, I suppose it's not all bad.

I know there were quite a few people on this thread applying to PBS at Cambridge, so if you got an offer, congratulations! But if you didn't then there's no reason to stress yourself out about it. The competition was intense and I'm sure everyone's got other great unis lined up :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by notebooker

:frown:. I'm sorry :frown:.

I still have to wait till Monday to know :/
Original post by 3LostContinents
Haven't posted on here in a while but I just got my rejection for PBS at Emma.
But then I also got an email saying my application to Sussex has been updated and that if I firm my offer it'll be unconditional, so hey, I suppose it's not all bad.

I know there were quite a few people on this thread applying to PBS at Cambridge, so if you got an offer, congratulations! But if you didn't then there's no reason to stress yourself out about it. The competition was intense and I'm sure everyone's got other great unis lined up :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry about Cambridge :frown:.

(abou Sussex) Oh wow that's awesome - it must be nice to know you have an unconditional offer :biggrin:
Oxford offer :colone: for PPL course (psychology and philosophy)
Original post by Dalliance

That is ruddy awesome! Well done you!!!

So jealous, wish I'd applied :unimpressed:
Original post by liliesarewhite
:frown:. I'm sorry :frown:.

I still have to wait till Monday to know :/

Thank you, and best of luck :smile:
Original post by tatt0barbie
That is ruddy awesome! Well done you!!!

Original post by amberskye
So jealous, wish I'd applied :unimpressed:

Thanks, sorry I wanted to brag a bit hah, it really felt like a fluke to be honest. Good luck to everyone waiting for other uni offers!
Another person rejected from Cambridge for PBS here, but oh well.
Now I'm unsure about whether to firm Bath or York - any advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks, sorry I wanted to brag a bit hah, it really felt like a fluke to be honest. Good luck to everyone waiting for other uni offers!

Don't worry, I'm sure it wasn't a fluke - the tutors tend to know what they're doing (and they had a big rise in applications for EP/PPL this year, so if anything the benchmark was higher). Enjoy the moment and work hard for those grades! :smile:
Original post by CheesePuffff
Another person rejected from Cambridge for PBS here, but oh well.
Now I'm unsure about whether to firm Bath or York - any advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear that, I feel your pain :frown:

Did you apply for the placement course for Bath? If so I would say that gives Bath a huge advantage (although I'm perhaps I bit biased given that I'm planning on firming Bath now )
I just finished applying a couple of days back and I'm freaking out :O but my choices are Edinburgh, Glasgow, Cardiff, Aberdeen and Kent any thoughts on the uni choices? Also I am an international student so I don't know how my percentage of marks will
Be compared with your grades. Anyone in the same position as me?
Original post by thefatduckTEEHEE
I just finished applying a couple of days back and I'm freaking out :O but my choices are Edinburgh, Glasgow, Cardiff, Aberdeen and Kent any thoughts on the uni choices? Also I am an international student so I don't know how my percentage of marks will
Be compared with your grades. Anyone in the same position as me?

Hi! I have Glasgow and Edinburgh as well, and also international - but doing the IB so it's a bit easier to compare. I don't know about the other unis; but I know Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen are regarded as beinf pretty good :biggrin:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Another Cambridge PBS reject joins the chat :/.

Well, now just waiting for Edinburgh and St. Andrews :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest