The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by diana99
Your welcome :biggrin:
What did u get for GCSE if you dont mind me asking? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

oooh I mind so much how dare you ask me :wink: Just kidding!

It's probably on my profile (kind of an egomaniac :wink:) but I got 10A*s, 2As A in FMSQ and at the same time got an A in AS critical thinking.

But don't stress if you think you can't get that (you probably can, and do better :P) because I don't think Cambridge really care an awful lot about GCSEs.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Can you put them into expand tags

insert college name

Meh, I will in a bit. Effort. :tongue:
Original post by paradoxicalme
Meh, I will in a bit. Effort. :tongue:

Your effort is appreciated :tongue:

Omg we're gonna be neighbours

Christ's and Emma are close right
Your effort is appreciated :tongue:

Omg we're gonna be neighbours

Christ's and Emma are close right

Are they? Haven't visited Christ's. I know Downing's close to Emma, is Christ's near Downing? :smile:
Anyone else in the boat where they're the only one out of their friendship group to get in? My best friend and two of my other close friends applied (2 to Oxford, 1 to Cambridge) - all insanely clever, amazing grades, my best friend in particular I figured had a better chance than me for sure - none of them got in. Makes it a bit bittersweet.
Are they? Haven't visited Christ's. I know Downing's close to Emma, is Christ's near Downing? :smile:

I think Emma is in between kind of

Anyone else in the boat where they're the only one out of their friendship group to get in? My best friend and two of my other close friends applied (2 to Oxford, 1 to Cambridge) - all insanely clever, amazing grades, my best friend in particular I figured had a better chance than me for sure - none of them got in. Makes it a bit bittersweet.

Well a friend of mine got in. But I'm super super super super super gutted for a really close friend of mine. Like life would be perfect had she got in :frown:

And I was so gutted. Wasn't even happy about my offer for a while because of it. Like my initial buzz on tsr, I didn't know about hers but then I found out and was like :frown::frown::frown::frown: gah
College: Pembroke
Subject: Natural sciences Physical
Conditions: A*A*AA
Is this a dream? So pleased!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I made a list of all the places you're likely to be pooled to this year based on figures :lol: if you're curious

Thanks, that would be great if you sent it to me/ send me the link :smile:

Yh my best mate got rejected for engineering. We were the only two with interviews and i got in but hes not that bothered as imperial is amazing for engineering anyway so he wasn that bothered.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 249
Original post by mollyh77

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats!! Any ideas which courses you'll be taking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SmallWorld_16
Thanks, that would be great if you sent it to me/ send me the link :smile:

Most likely to least likely

Girton/Homerton/Robinson
Newnham
Trinity Hall/Queens/murray/
Fitzwilliam
Magdalene

Then a handful of all the others

Not Christ's, Clare, Caius, Kings, trinity St John's jesus or catz most likely
I feel so bland compared to everyone else :lol:

Like I feel I'm okay intelligence wise.

But everyone else just seems to do a ton of other **** and I don't do anything.

I j chill and laze about :frown: no drive present

And I'm not private school lad either lmao, with those amazing holidays, or nights out

Thoughts are being cruel

omg I feel the same way. In news articles when they talk about successful medics or one of them make a blog post they've done a million weeks of charity work/volunteered with building a school in Africa/saving the world whereas I've done a few months care home and a few weeks hospital but the former was only cos I had to :frown:

I feel like such a bad person when I compare myself to them like I do absolutely nothing relatively
Original post by aprocrastinator
omg I feel the same way. In news articles when they talk about successful medics or one of them make a blog post they've done a million weeks of charity work/volunteered with building a school in Africa/saving the world whereas I've done a few months care home and a few weeks hospital but the former was only cos I had to :frown:

I feel like such a bad person when I compare myself to them like I do absolutely nothing relatively

If everyone is feeling the same, should be okay.

I've not been wanting to go to uni, but I have to really now I have the offer...

I don't want to grow up gah
The typical 'pool' colleges are Girton, Homerton, Newnham (girls) and Murray Edwards (girls). Then there's the colleges that are sort of in the middle for applicant numbers, such as Sidney Sussex and Selwyn, which like to take some people from the pool; Churchill often takes arts applicants from the pool because fewer apply to it. However, truthfully it could be any of them. I've even seen Trinity take people from the pool. Those are just the most likely ones.

thanks for that, I'm amazed I have an offer and got recommended by christs but I wish they'd told me who actually wanted me :s-smilie:
Most likely to least likely

Girton/Homerton/Robinson
Newnham
Trinity Hall/Queens/murray/
Fitzwilliam
Magdalene

Then a handful of all the others

Not Christ's, Clare, Caius, Kings, trinity St John's jesus or catz most likely

oh that's pretty good, I was considering Girton/ Queens / Fitzwilliam anyway
thanks for that, I'm amazed I have an offer and got recommended by christs but I wish they'd told me who actually wanted me :s-smilie:

Oh I applied to Christ's! When was your interview?

Yeah. There's a group of four of us at my school where the basis of our friendship was our desire to go to Cambridge for Medicine (we started talking about other things a while ago haha). I always felt like the 'dumb' one of the group and I was convinced they'd all get in, apart from myself. But now, two of them were rejected (one of them with better stats than mine) and the other has been pooled but his fate hasn't been decided. I got a direct offer, and I'm stunned. I felt awful when I said 'dw I probably won't get in' and then I get an offer because it was a total rub in the face for them...

If everyone is feeling the same, should be okay.

I've not been wanting to go to uni, but I have to really now I have the offer...

I don't want to grow up gah

sssssh, you'll love it at cam :wink: speaking of which we totally need to organise a meet up I want to meet all of you awesome people! :smile:

I know it's frustrating, but the fact that you have an offer is freaking amazing! Well done! :biggrin: And if your college is one you haven't heard of (like Robinson - I always forget Robinson exists :tongue: but it's a lovely college) or an all-girls one or one far out from the centre, honestly don't worry about it too much. The same message I get from all my friends at Oxbridge is that your college will automatically be the best college. :biggrin:
Original post by mollyh77

Hey, I remember you from the C3L6 Stuff! I can remember you posting in the TSR threads, then afterwards my aim was to beat you in solving it, which I might have managed once or twice, I can't remember. Weird to think that there's a high probability that we'll be in the same college next year.

(I think I've just made myself seem a bit weird by saying that stuff...)
Original post by aprocrastinator
Yeah. There's a group of four of us at my school where the basis of our friendship was our desire to go to Cambridge for Medicine (we started talking about other things a while ago haha). I always felt like the 'dumb' one of the group and I was convinced they'd all get in, apart from myself. But now, two of them were rejected (one of them with better stats than mine) and the other has been pooled but his fate hasn't been decided. I got a direct offer, and I'm stunned. I felt awful when I said 'dw I probably won't get in' and then I get an offer because it was a total rub in the face for them...

sssssh, you'll love it at cam :wink: speaking of which we totally need to organise a meet up I want to meet all of you awesome people! :smile:

Indeed we shall haha, we'll defo organise something anyway

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending