The Student Room Group

Cynical Gay Muslim - Ask me Anything

Scroll to see replies

Original post by al_94
How can you be born homosexual if it says women were created to be mates with men?

The way he did.
I don't believe the common media line that Islam is a homophobic religion - people have said the same about christianity in the past, and what have we got now? Gay vicars! The proof is in the pudding that it's individuals who are homophobic not a religion, so I don't see why people hide behind it as some sort of excuse for such vulgar behaviour.

That being said, and keeping to the point of the thread; how can you or will you act to improve relations between the LGBT and Muslim communities?
Original post by al_94
Then how do you explain this
Qur'an 26:165 - 26:166
Do you approach males among the worlds And leave what your Lord has created for you as mates? But you are a people transgressing."

This proves you were not born homosexual.

How does quoting the qur'an or any book prove anything? If I write something down on a piece of paper then read it to you it doesn't make it any more valid.

Anyway my question is when did you realise you were gay? (if there even was one defining moment)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by al_94
Then how do you explain this
Qur'an 26:165 - 26:166
Do you approach males among the worlds And leave what your Lord has created for you as mates? But you are a people transgressing."

This proves you were not born homosexual.

If you're going to use works of fiction as empirical proof for real life things, does this mean that Hogwarts is a real place? And before you say it, some crazy person told me that Harry Potter was real, too.
Original post by Master Jack
:smile:

Have you thought about sacking off the religion and community that abhors who you are?
Do you ever worry about other religions being correct and going to their version of hell?
I think it is really sad that you will be denied the right to a life of happiness with a soul mate, and spend that life denying who you really are because you are a Muslim and believe this will send you to heaven.

I have no problem with religion if it gives you peace and guidance, support and companionship, I was brought up a Christian, however lets really be honest with ourselves here, there is no heaven or hell.

So so live your life now for you, be a good person, treat everyone with kindness and humility and find your happiness. Please do not spend your very short life believing what you read in a book written two thousand years ago.

I hope you find happiness in being gay, it is not a sin, believing religious scripts are true is worse.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
I don't believe the common media line that Islam is a homophobic religion - people have said the same about christianity in the past, and what have we got now? Gay vicars! The proof is in the pudding that it's individuals who are homophobic not a religion, so I don't see why people hide behind it as some sort of excuse for such vulgar behaviour.

That being said, and keeping to the point of the thread; how can you or will you act to improve relations between the LGBT and Muslim communities?

I have no such motivation since Islam clearly condemns non-heterosexual behaviours. And I don't plan on making my sexuality known, well ever.

Original post by Mad Vlad
Have you thought about sacking off the religion and community that abhors who you are?

It doesn't abhor me it condemns homosexuality. Being gay is not the only thing I am, I'm so much more than a gay person. I have aspirations and I'm currently in the final year of medical school. I view my homosexuality as a test from God in the same way God may test other people in unique ways specific to their person and indeed the Qu'ran says that everyone has their own test and nobody is given a test that they cannot handle. This makes it easier to deal with everything and also it makes me less depressed about the future.

Original post by baldwel
Do you ever worry about other religions being correct and going to their version of hell?

Every religious person has those doubts at one point or another but I usually dismiss them as satan whispering in my ear. As I've grown up though and had a chance to look at the other religions and examine Islam deeper I've come to the conclusion that this is the right religion. It's a bonus that I was born into a Muslim family. Some times I wonder if I would still be muslim if I was born in an atheist family. This makes me sympathise with people who have no faith or perhaps on the fence.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by FeelingDepressed
I think it is really sad that you will be denied the right to a life of happiness with a soul mate, and spend that life denying who you really are because you are a Muslim and believe this will send you to heaven.

I have no problem with religion if it gives you peace and guidance, support and companionship, I was brought up a Christian, however lets really be honest with ourselves here, there is no heaven or hell.

So so live your life now for you, be a good person, treat everyone with kindness and humility and find your happiness. Please do not spend your very short life believing what you read in a book written two thousand years ago.

I hope you find happiness in being gay, it is not a sin, believing religious scripts are true is worse.

I think this is a rather dangerous statement to make especially when you don't know 100%.

I agree with what you're saying that it's really hard to swallow this pill but it's the hand that I've been dealt and I have to make the best of it. Unlike you actually believe in the afterlife and the existence of heaven and hell because from experience good people are rewarded and the bad punished. Why wouldn't this extend to the afterlife, assuming there is one?

I find happiness in being loved and accepted. Being gay doesn't fit into that picture so I have to make a choice and the one I made may not be the easiest one to understand but I feel it's the right one for me, at least right now.
I didn't choose. I was born this way.

I do not partake in homosexual activities however. I suppress it or rather have been for a while.

What do you think? :curious:

Really? Plenty of my straight friends love anime. I think you have to give it a chance before you smack it tbh. Or if you have you've probably watched a terrible one. Naruto was great when I was in secondary school but when I look back at it now I cringe every time. :smile:

You are a disgusting person. You aren't a devoted Muslim if you are a closet gay. I find it hard to understand you think that this is normal. It's actually mentioned in the Quran and it's forbidden like adultery one of the most biggest sins is being a homosexual.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have no such motivation since Islam clearly condemns non-heterosexual behaviours. And I don't plan on making my sexuality known, well ever.

It doesn't abhor me it condemns homosexuality. Being gay is not the only thing I am, I'm so much more than a gay person. I have aspirations and I'm currently in the final year of medical school. I view my homosexuality as a test from God in the same way God may test other people in unique ways specific to their person and indeed the Qu'ran says that everyone has their own test and nobody is given a test that they cannot handle. This makes it easier to deal with everything and also it makes me less depressed about the future.

Every religious person has those doubts at one point or another but I usually dismiss them as satan whispering in my ear. As I've grown up though and had a chance to look at the other religions and examine Islam deeper I've come to the conclusion that this is the right religion. It's a bonus that I was born into a Muslim family. Some times I wonder if I would still be muslim if I was born in an atheist family. This makes me sympathise with people who have no faith or perhaps on the fence.

It's also forbidden. Keep reassuring yourself lol. So pathetic I pity you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sahmed206
It's also forbidden. Keep reassuring yourself lol. So pathetic I pity you

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it's comical how every Muslim on here pretends to be an expert on fiqh (Islamic Jurisprudence) when in reality they're nothing more than jumped up madressa psuedo-scholars who are basing their views of homosexuality on what they've heard from other ignorant Muslims and their own bigotry.

Islam does not condemn homosexuality only homosexual acts. I cannot be punished for something I cannot change and Allah is most merciful.
Off topic but do you watch or have watched Dragon Ball Z? :colondollar:
Original post by zhang-liao
Off topic but do you watch or have watched Dragon Ball Z? :colondollar:

It's not off-topic since it's ask me anything :biggrin:

I've wattched DBZ before! Who hasn't? :smile:
Have you told your parents?
I think it's comical how every Muslim on here pretends to be an expert on fiqh (Islamic Jurisprudence) when in reality they're nothing more than jumped up madressa psuedo-scholars who are basing their views of homosexuality on what they've heard from other ignorant Muslims and their own bigotry.

Islam does not condemn homosexuality only homosexual acts. I cannot be punished for something I cannot change and Allah is most merciful.

I probably would know more about Islam than you actually for your information. I have recited the Quran by heart as well as nearly becoming an imam. Hopefully in a couple of years. Anyway off topic my view of Islam is you are still committing a sin because you have declared yourself a homosexual even if you haven't completed any acts you still have committed a sin by declaring yourself one. And I think it's best that you don't teach me about my own religion when you aren't exactly obeying it yourself

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Have you told your parents?

No.
No.

Even worse. Anyway good luck with your "life" hope everything goes
Better for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
I probably would know more about Islam than you actually for your information. I have recited the Quran by heart as well as nearly becoming an imam. Hopefully in a couple of years. Anyway off topic my view of Islam is you are still committing a sin because you have declared yourself a homosexual even if you haven't completed any acts you still have committed a sin by declaring yourself one. And I think it's best that you don't teach me about my own religion when you aren't exactly obeying it yourself

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your view doesn't count. The fact is having homosexual thoughts is not a sin in Islam. It is the physical act that Islam considers sinful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Memorising the Qu'ran by heart does not mean you understand especially if you're a non-arabic speaking person which many of the madressa kids you see today are. They don't know the meaning of what they're memorising they hang on every syllable of their teacher and basically emulate the way her prays, the way he walks and the nuances in his voice when he's reading the holy Qu'ran. You're basically a carbon copy of someone else. Good for you.

A second ago I was going to hell and I'm a disgrace now you've changed your mind and think I'm less of a Muslim than you but not totally out of the religion which is it? Your own dissonance stems from your lack of understanding of the religion I suggest consulting scholars on matters which you don't understand which I have, albeit anonymously.

I would never go to another Muslim person and say that they're a disgrace especially when Allah tells us to help our struggling Muslim brothers and sisters and be compassionate. That's the difference between me and you, I haven't lost my humanity.

So thanks for your posts Mr. "almost an imam!" but no thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest