The Student Room Group

Year 10 work experience advice

I am planning on doing work experience in the British library. What would they make you do? Also, does it look good?

Thanx :biggrin:
Reply 1
omg thats such a cool option. I'm assuming managing people, books, looking at reservations, loans etc? :smile:
Original post by missmay
omg thats such a cool option. I'm assuming managing people, books, looking at reservations, loans etc? :smile:

Thanx:tongue: I wasn't so sure about it at first because I want to go into medicine, but my mum told me that doing work experience at a library is more productive and interesting than working in a chemist(my other option). Also, I think i'll make up for it by doing work experience in more of the medical/health side in the summer as Year 10 work experience is doesn't have to be related to your career choice, apparently.
P.S I love reading so the British library would benefit me :smile:
Reply 3
i want to do medicine actually and I did my work placement at a chemist. It was okay but all i was do stock counting, shelf arranging etc. also they allowed me in the dispensory where they have all the medicines cuz they thought i would benefot from learning atleast a few medicine names lol
Original post by missmay
i want to do medicine actually and I did my work placement at a chemist. It was okay but all i was do stock counting, shelf arranging etc. also they allowed me in the dispensory where they have all the medicines cuz they thought i would benefot from learning atleast a few medicine names lol

lol. my sister did it at a chemist too even though she didn't want a medical career like I do. as she was bored she didn't take it seriously and kept giggling all the time with my cousin (who was also doing work experience there). so the people at the chemist made them both clean the whole place!!! :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest